[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bohrok.gif (2.16 MB, 350x350)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB GIF
Slowly losing my mind from having been cooped up for so long. Everything in my area (including all parks and nature walks) are incredibly far apart because I'm in FUCKING America, and I unfortunately don't yet have the funds to afford a car, which combined with public transport here being pretty piss, means I'm a bit SOL if I want to go anywhere.

So, I've been thinking about what alternatives I might have; what do you guys use to get around? Bicycles, scooters, rollerskates/blades, skateboards maybe? Or even heelies/flip-out skates so you can finally live your dream of being the coolest kid in middle school? What do you do when you need to carry a bunch of crap along with you as well?
>>
File: IMG_5693.jpg (122 KB, 828x461)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>2756676
>america
>can’t afford a car
Drugs or mental illness?
>>
>>2756771
Well, being in America should be considered mental illness
>>
>>2756676
Ride a pig.
>>
File: i-Ppfd29C-L.jpg (116 KB, 800x594)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Motorcycle!
>>
File: homowers.jpg (1.06 MB, 2648x1506)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>
>>2756771
not OP but nothing wrong with saving up for something you want/like
and since this is /out/, a sedan form factor is likely not optimal and will thus bump up the price
>>
>>2756676
>what do you guys use to get around?
Before I bought a car, I would hitchhike and walk everywhere I couldn't get to by public transport.

These days you have things like carsharing
>>
>>2756771
Gross.
>>
>>2756778
what mirrors are those if not stock
>>
File: i-4HBMtZm-L.jpg (94 KB, 800x594)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2757850
Doubletake adventure mirrors. Mounts up with standard ram-mount hardware, replace the factory mirrors with a ram ball and install the mirrors on that.
Busted an oem mirror off in a stupid tip-over offroad, a single replacement mirror cost more than the entire doubletake kit did. And this shit's taken a lot more abuse.

Another 230 mile day on that bike today. Had to run out to a customer's site and do some diagnosis/repairs on their hardware.
>>
>>2757862
>Doubletake adventure mirror
ok based, i got some cheap crap for my bike and all they do is move in the wind.
surely these do alright? Seeing as how you can tighten down on the ball
>>
File: i-S2QKHrj-L.jpg (161 KB, 797x600)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>2758237
The rubber-coated balls will smoosh and fall apart if you crank down on them too hard. The poly ones do better, but they'll slip more than the rubber ones do. Some guys have had luck smearing some RTV or roughing the balls up with sandpaper to get them to hold better.

I don't crank down on them super-tight, just enough to hold, and i've got about 20k miles on the ones on my adventure, and another 5-6k on the ones on my dirt bike.

A small bit of loctite (i'm partial to orange, stuff's designed for powersports use) on the ball threads helps a lot too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.