[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

/o/ here, so i plan on taking a road trip and camping out for a night but i want to know are yeti coolers worth the price? i want to buy a yeti tundra 45 cooler to store food and drinks for my trip but i want to know if the $300 price tag is justified? or should i just go to my local walmart and buy a IGLOO cooler for a fraction of the price?
>>
>>2756814
You plan on using this cooler for a single night?

You should definitely buy the yeti brand yeti cooler.
>>
>>2756814
Yes they are worth it. They come with a free sticker to put on your car.
>>
>>2756848

only for this trip at the moment . i always go by "buy it nice or buy it twice" but i would have never thought a cooler would cost that much.
>>
>>2756814
I'm leaning away from buying the yeddy anon. You can buy a nice Igloo that'll keep ice (or at least icy water) for a couple days if stored well. You're not likely to need $300 worth of cooler ever, just stick to a nice-tier Igloo which would be no more than $100
>>
>>2756814
Buy used if you must.
>they turned a fucking cooler into a status object
>>
Never tried the igloo but just got back from a trip and we had 1 yeti cooler and another generic brand cooler. After a day the yeti still had a lot of solid ice pieces whereas the other one was all melted. So if you want something where you won't have to go to the nearest gas station to restock on ice so soon, then go with the yeti. Unless of course you don't mind going back to the gas station to pickup another bag of ice
>>
>>2756814
>yeti tundra 45 cooler
this is pretty much the exact same thing...only $70 less.

https://www.lonemountaincoolers.com/45-quart-cooler
>>
>>2756814
obviously not you gearfag retard
i got a yeti as a gift and they are good quality but the gap between them and the competition doesn’t warrant that price. also the insulation is so chunky the actual volume they hold can be deceiving.
>>
>>2756814
I prefer canyon coolers myself, they are also water proof unlike yeti coolers.
>>
>>2756814
Yes, they are worth it. RTIC copied their design and will give you similar performance, but they have way worse QC, and aren't as durable.

I've left my yeti in the back of a pickup bed in 115F Phoenix heat for days with minimal ice melt.
>>
>>2757111
>lives in AZ and doesn't buy local
Wew couldn't be me
>>
I have two of the igloo imx 70, they've held ice for 4 or 5 days when I wasn't with a lot of people constantly opening them for drinks, and 2 or 3 days when i was out with 8 people and in charge of the drinks and cooking. Even after that, the water was cold enough to keep things decent.
>>
>>2757112
I do not live in AZ, I was on vacation. Besides, what cooler manufacturer is local there?
>>
>>2757135
Canyon coolers is based in Flagstaff and until rather recently also made there too.
>>
The Yeti Tundra Haul has holes for padlocks. Honestly is a nice feature.
>>
If you are going to be using it to make money then yeah, go for a yeti.

For a maybe one night and never use again? Fucking pack a sandwich and some liquor instead of cake and beer.

If you NEED to keep something cold a $30 cooler and prechilled whatever will last 24 hours no problem
>>
>>2757200
so does ya mum
>>
>>2756936
"buy it nice or buy it twice" only applies to stuff that you actively use a lot. If you're going to use any cooler once a year for a road trip then there is absolutely no reason to buy a yeti when a 80 dollar igloo would surpass your needs.
>>
>>2757286
>when a 80 dollar igloo would surpass your needs.
I use a $20 soft shell no-name brand picnic cooler and it's good enough for day trips even when I leave it in the back with hot sun baking the car all day. You get a good 10-12 hours out of those things before the ice completely melts. One thing about coolers is the smaller they are, the longer they stay cool. So only buy one as big as you actually need.
>>
Fuck yeti they sold off to China. Buy Pelican

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.