[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

how do i not be scared of wasps? I keep freezing in fear around them. Outside is ok because i can avoid them, walk the other way if i see one coming, but if one gets stuck in a room where i have to be im a complete pussy about it. I can't help it, its a crippling fear, it was so much worse as a kid too growing up in a woodsy state that had them swarming all over the place. I rarely ever went outside back then or went out looking like Kenny with a giant coat in summer to protect me. I would notice the nests in every window at school. We had an above ground pool at home and they'd swarm all over that making it unusable by me. I remember trying baseball and not being able to stay on the bases over it. Even if I left them alone they'd chase me down. I only got stung twice but still.

I'm afraid of everything about them, the stinging that one can do multiple times without dying, the way they fly, the sound they make, their aggression, the way if you kill one (which i never have, I've never been chad that successfully throws the bottle and saves the classroom at school) it releases pheromones to summon others, wondering if every wall secretly is containing nests where they can break through the wall, seeing their shadows moving with those dangling legs zigzagging behind a curtain, even looking at one in a picture gives me pause and goosebumps. They're like little alien eldritch monsters. I may confuse some bees for wasps/hornets/yellowjackets, its hard to tell when they're flying. Pretty sure yellows are the ones that zigzag and stay close to the ground, zooming round your legs, wasps have the long legs, hornets are like giant black flying ants with the biggest sphere nests, and bees are fuzzy and less aggressive but may still steal your girl and doom the human race.
1/2
>>
File: 644f9e283f0e2.jpg (135 KB, 1080x1114)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>2757431
2/2 Logically I know they're smaller than me, and the sting wouldn't be that bad, these are reasons my dad gave when i was a kid, but that doesn't help in the moment of primal fear. Mom on the other hand gave me a magic spray can to keep to repel them in the wild, full of water that'd just make them madder.

Other bugs that normies are scared of are fine by me, like spiders for example. Unless they're really poisonous or actually dangerous I'm not afraid of spiders at all. Roaches, caught a huge one the other day to melt it with soap so it cant spread eggs by smashing. But wasps can fly, organize and terrorize. I always miss when i try to hit flies, they're too fast and chaotic, and these are assholes flies from hell with knives and poison. I currently live in a city with barely any around so it hasn't been a problem (until one showed up at work and led to this thread, smashed itself against the wall a bunch of times till it dropped, the psychopath) but I might move to arizona sometime this year, and im pretty sure they're all over that, just waiting, along with common bigger ones like tarantula hawks and various scorpions

Lets see if you can cure me where years of childhood therapy failed. I asked adv but figured i'd see if anyone here would have a different approach. Also tell me if im right about arizona. I have to get over this somehow. Before a single one flying into the car causes a wreck. If I ever have another gf and we live together and one is in our room I have to be the one to get rid of it. If we have kids and theres nests I have to be the one to get out there and spray like my dad was. Outside would be enjoyable if not for this phobia.
>>
>>2757431
Just keep walking. It's really that simple.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHA this better be a troll post hahahah look at this faggot writing a holy bible worth of faggotry LMFAO
>noooooo u lil wasperino don't u pinch this zoomerino
AHAHAHAH take your xanax zoomtroon, it's not them, it's you.
>>
>>2757442
again, fine if you're outside, but what if you're trapped inside with em
>>
>>2757446
There's a surefire way to deal with them safely. You immediately sit on the ground, knees bent, feet on the floor, put your head in between your thighs and kiss your ass goodbye HAHAHAHAHAHA fuck you gonna do bouta lil wasp bubba? There's no salvation, no help is coming our way.
These striped devils will sting us, merciless and relentless, taking our dignity, taking our pride, and ultimately our lives.
Escaping is useless, resistance futile.
>>
>>2757431
wasps are ontologically evil, and there is no act against them that unjustified. they should be exterminated
>>
>>2757431
Start carrying Close Encounters wasp spray like it's pepper spray. When wasp appears, spray that bitch dead.
>>
>>2757431
Didn't they already figure out that mantises can recognize human faces and have a memory good enough to remember specific humans and whether or not they're a threat?

You can also teach them very simple tricks like hopping from hand to hand and whatnot.
>>
>>2757431
Just ignore them or help them get outside by waving them towards the door. Take a few deep breaths and remember to stop being a pussy.
>>
>>2757958
>remember to stop being a pussy.
Where do you think you are?
>>
File: Z-2.jpg (188 KB, 1024x1024)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>https://vocaroo.com/1bZmn10qM94t

"Stings of Fury"

[Verse]
Buzz in the air hive in the sky
Wasp is a king I'm asking why
Basedboy's scared trembling near
Mighty hornet brings the fear

[Verse 2]
Ruthless machines no mercy shown
Basedboy's shiver down to the bone
Hive on the hunt no place to hide
Stinger strikes deep poison inside

[Chorus]
Flying high deadly crew
No escape for you
Wasps and hornet's chase
Basedboy's ending race

[Verse 3]
Dark shadows swarm in the light
Basedboy's tears in the night
Wings of terror buzzing round
Fearful heart is tightly bound

[Verse 4]
Killer chase relentless flight
Basedboy's scream in the sight
Nature's furious soldiers bold
Weak heart beats getting cold

[Bridge]
No salvation nowhere to run
In their eyes the battle won
Sting of fury pain and might
Basedboy's struggle lost the fight
>>
>>2757431
You mention how you can ignore them if they're outside. Just do the same thing inside. The wasp is concerned with wasp concerns, not you.
Option 1: Go calmly open a window/door that it can leave through
Option 2: Take it outside yourself. You can trap it inside a cup with some paper or whatever and then carry it outside, or you can bait it by putting some raw meat into the cup, and then taking it outside once the wasp is chewing on the meat.
>>
>>2757858
My old mantis priscilla was a gud grrl. She raped a small male for almost 24 hours b4 eating him and made a bunch of outhicas or whatever the fuck they are called. My ex stepped on her on accident but she was too old and was getting too weak to eat anymore so it was nbd. Her babies were spread out between our houses and i see them or their babies all the time now. They fly in my hair and chill when i garden
>>
File: i479.png (96 KB, 528x683)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
Rules to not get stung:
Don't fuck with the nest.
Don't fuck with the shit around the nest.
Don't fuck with the scout checking you out even if it's in your personal space.
It's that easy to not get stung.
t. wasp

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.