[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: koya.jpg (1.79 MB, 4080x3072)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
I've been lurking here and there for a few years now and I keep seeing people going seemingly to the middle of nowhere (miles from any signs of civilization) to very beautiful sights. I grew up very sheltered and leashed and so most of my outdoor experiences were spent less than half a mile from my parents' car parked near a 'scenic drive' road. I was a very adventurous kid and even had some experience gym climbing but my mother was deathly afraid to let me do anything riskier than a steep hike.

Ever since moving out, I've been trying to get out and hike more and I'm lucky enough to live in an area where it's really very beautiful, but I've never really understood how people go to the middle of nowhere. I know how ridiculous it sounds to ask, since the answer is probably just "you just fucking go", but how do you guys find/go to some of these places? Do you have GPS or maps or something? Do you just wander until you find somewhere you like or does someone give you a recommendation?

In a couple of weeks I'm going to Norway for about 5 months for my job and I've seen some of the natural beauty and so I don't want to miss out on anything doing normalcuck shit. I'd also appreciate advice on what to see there (past just the default answers like fjords)

picrel: meadow from sequoia natl park
>>
>what do I need to go somewhere really remote?
experience. start small and build up.
>>
Not OP but if you don’t use parking lots to park your vehicle when going /out/ to national forests or parks where do you keep them? I doubt just off the side of the road is a good idea
>>
Google earth dipshit. Hope ya get lost normie...
>>
>>2757584
You look at maps. First scour the trail systems at ut.no then take a look at the topo maps at norgeskart and make your own routes. The great thing about arctic landscape is that you can go where ever you want pretty easily without being obstructed.
>>
>>2757584
You need good connections. It's all privately owned or highly regulated.
>>2757877
>>2758182
You can show me all the pretty pictures you want from space: if you think it's easy to get there you're woefully ignorant.
>>
>>2758194
>if you think it's easy to get there you're woefully ignorant.
thats part of the adventure, nobody is going to hold your hand newfag
>>
>>2758196
yes, you're woefully ignorant.
>>
>>2758202
youre the only one starting a thread based on your own pure ignorance and putting it on display, ironic
>>
>>2757584
Drive to middle of nowhere, get of car and walk.
>>
>>2758194
>if you think it's easy to get there you're woefully ignorant.
Its very easy usually. As long as the weather is good.
>>
File: 20240706_153933.jpg (2.5 MB, 4000x3000)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>2758194
>put one foot in front of the other
>repeat

Alternatively just fork up the cash to be dumped of where you want by helicopter

>pic related
>>
>>2758211
>Shot by a boomer owning the land
>Car left on the side of the road towed away

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.