[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: trekology_ul140.jpg (100 KB, 1493x1500)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I bought the wrong sleeping pad. It's 12cm thick, as soft as virgin snow, and I wake up as stiff as a board every time I use it. Being a back sleeper I went for maximum "comfort" at the expense of enough firmness to keep my back/legs feeling healthy, and now I want a firmer surface more like a mattress if possible.

Which pad do I need? I don't want to feel the natural curve of my spine aching against the hard floor like I would with a very thin one, but the pad I bought leaves me feeling uncoordinated and tired out because my muscles don't relax overnight due to the softness.
>>
>>2768765
These are the types of idiots who tell you that you NEED trekking poles.

OP now that you have admitted you are an idiot and don't know what the fuck you are doing, will you vow to never give any advice on this board for at least 3 years?

Also just get a thermarest.
>>
>>2768765

I have an exped ultra 5r MW and its supremely comfy and warm. Cheaper than a thermarest too and comfier imo because of the baffles running lengthways as opposed to horizonal.
>>
>>2768765
I dunno how much you want to spend but the nemo roamer is amazing. granted your weight might matter(I'm 140lbs) and this thing sleeps better than most beds.
>>
>>2768767
Are you OK? I think you might need to go for a nice walk.

>nemo roamer
I'm looking at the design now. I'm 135lbs-ish. What i can do is buy the best chinkshit version of it and probably get good results. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>2768805
I'll also look into this one. I just want the right balance between softness and not-killing-my-spine-ness.
>>
>>2768952
i actually do go on walks. i don't buy "trekology" bullshit on amazon. you fucking moron.
>>
>>2768971
Keep fuming, fatty. Maybe you should go for another one. For your mental and physical health.
>>
>>2768975
ok bruh. ill take my 5 year old thermarest up in the mountains. have fun waiting for your replacement trekology.
>>
>>2768975
>calling someone a fatty when your smaller then most large sized dogs
ngmi
>>
>>2770549
As a fatty, I'm going to have to disagree. First of all, you used "then" when you meant "than". A Border Collie is listed as a large dog, and many people would agree. Males weigh 40-55 lb. I think the other anon, the so-called fatty, shouldn't have lost his shit over someone buying something from Amazon instead of overpriced REI. Why lose one's shit when someone new comes into the field? Can't we learn something from everyone? Autism is a terrible disease.
>>
Is it hopeless for us side sleeper bros?
>>
>>2768765
This is a troll post. Buy a firm foam mat. That's it.
>I dont want it to be too firm!
It won't be
>I want it to be le compfy!
Fool that you are, a firm surface is more comfortable, especially for back sleepers than a soft one, as you have just learned. A firm mat will turn the lumpy forest floor flat enough for you to sleep on in style. "soft" garbage is worse than just rawdogging the ground.
>>
>>2768767
>Bigmad subhuman can't afford trekking poles: the post
LOL
>>
>>2768765
I'll get a lot of shit for this but I've used klymit products a long time. I have found the the insulated versions the best. I had a normal one for a long time and it was a really nice 3 season deal but not quite long enough for me at 6'2". My back has never been cold down to about -5C and I just use that and a down blanket. I also find it keeps me on the mattress better than some. I switched to the luxe XL version of the insulated one this year and although it is bulky and heavy it is so worth it for me just to have a nice sleep and never have to worry about a cold back or feet hanging off. I do find it needs to be reinflated before the first sleep and sometimes before the second one but after that it tends to be fine for some reason. Never had one get a hole or anything. If you're over about 6 feet and/or enjoy a bit of width too you would probably enjoy the klymit luxe XL. i don't recommend the standard klymit. I have one but I find it only barely useable in optimal conditions (but my norm is also rockies). It is a lot smaller and lighter though. I would call it a summer only air mattress.

Most people here tend to like the thermarests but I don't have that much to blow on an air mattress... no pun intended. If you got the money though i think its the best for size/weight to performance based on everything i've heard. the klymit size wise. insulated normal is about 3/5 the size of the one you showed, luxe maybe 4/5 the size you showed. oh and the luxe also works well with a hammock i should note... you tend to lose a little length from the curve i find and it is really nice to enclose you really well.
>>
>>2768765
I use an underwater skateboard for sleeping at the music festivals. It’s about 3” thick and just as long as my head and back, light asf to carry, and it’s firm enough to sleep on my back and side. Slept like an angel on thee Subskate while my mum regretted making fun of me and bringing normal sleep pad.
>>
>>2773649
Never been a better time to be 5’7 than sleeping on my underwater skateboard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.