[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I started getting into caving pretty recently and I realized I need a better drybag to carry my shit in.

whats a decent drybag that isnt chinashit that will rip open as soon as I step foot into a cave (preferably with backpack straps and on the smaller size)
I dont really care about the price but something budget friendly is welcome so I can spend more money on my headlamps
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5 KB, 275x183)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2769354
sealline has worked well for me over the years. not quite the same use case but the shorelines here are entirely rocky covered in barnacles zebra mussels and oysters so im constantly dragging my dry bags over random crap without the slightest concern about whether it is protected. these bags wear more just from folding the top seal than anything else and even that is after a few seasons of constant use and just wearing through the rubberized material so that the nylon weave is a bit exposed at the folds, nothing to be majorly concerned over
>>
>>2769354
All of the cool kids have Swaygo Packs. They are waterproof and they drag easily.
>>
>>2769354
NRS
>>
File: packing.png (2.76 MB, 1522x797)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>>2769354
you need to layer
my setup is:

- put expensive electronic gizmo into a hydration bladder

- add paper towels / newspaper bits hoping to soak any intruding moisture and condensate

- inflate the hydration bladder with air to achieve positive pressure

- put the hydration bladder into a drybag

- put the drybag into a thick PVC caving bag

a more typical solution is using a (dry) drum instead of a bag type container:

https://www.elevatedclimbing.com/products/darren-drum
>>
>>2769354
I second this>>2769645
>>
>>2770891
Next time just hoop that shit
>>
>>2769354
I've been using Earthpak bags from amazon the 20L specifically. Fits all my SRT gear, water, extra lights etc and isn't too much of a pain to drag around, I'd recommend the 15L if you're not using vertical gear. Also are you around TAG or FL?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.