[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

would getting a seasonal job as an outfitter’s assistant be a good way to learn how to hunt as someone who’s family never did it growing up?

I was on a forest service trail crew in Idaho this past summer, and I talked a lot to this dude at a nearby outfitter camp who had been hired at 18 with literally zero prior experience with horses or mules. He told me I could probably find a similar gig if I looked hard enough

I know I would just be managing the stock and packing out clients’ kills at first, and it would be a while before I actually start helping the guides actually find and stalk animals, but I figure I would learn a lot just being around professionals, especially since most of them hunt for fun on their off time.

nothing was in season at the time, so he was just alone, dealing with the stock and getting ready for when clients did come in, but he did mention that dealing with whiny rich people all the time was pretty annoying sometimes

anyway, I am still pretty hesitant about this, so I was wondering if any one of you autists had any experience with this sort of thing, and whether or not you would recommend it
>>
>>2771734
>I was on a forest service trail crew in Idaho this past summer
They'd probably hire you since you'd have some experience on trails in the area, but they won't be able to pay you much at all. Honestly those outfitters and packers usually hire anyone young who's interested in keeping packing tradition alive.
>>
highly depends on pay
>>
>>2771734
lol its not the gold rush anymore. just learn to code

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.