[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6867.png (81 KB, 998x763)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
Now that the dust is beginning to settle, which one is superior for the true outdoorsman?
>>
Less pajeets in the NFs.
>>
>>2771988
Not for long Saar
>>
Neither
>>
>>2771972
the free one with the least amount of jannies and rules to follow
>>2772129
>>
File: image.jpg (580 KB, 2560x1920)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>2771972
>typical composition of a park service
>>
>>2772129
Shhhh
>>
>>2771972
The (((forestry service))) is the propaganda arm of the Timber Cartels and the (((Department of Agriculture))) is run by Bayer's little pet: Monsanto.

The department of AG considers selective breeding GMO as harmless as Gene editing GMO and dishonestly lets them be considered equivalent when discussing GMO and morons are none the wiser.

>>2772129
BLM is legit just another name for the Logging Cartels--fuck them. They're allowing Gene edited Doug Firs to infest forests and they allow all sorts of shit that would be considered shit for the environment even by 1950s standards.

The only thing NPS does right is when they don't do anything.
>>
>>2772247
Where'd you learn this from? Curious to know more, not super well informed personally.
>>
>>2772253
Decades of watching it all unravel. I started by just watching them lie and lie and rip apart forests for profit at the expense of society.

I dunno, maybe start with the Beaver Institute (specifically work by Dr. Emily Fairfax).

Andrew Millison has a lot of good information about watersheds, aquifers and how forests create weather systems.

Look into work by Bill Mollison--"father of permaculture" as well.

Look into old growth growth rates compared to (((managed forests)))--old growth (150+ year old trees) put on exponentially more biomass per year than managed forests.

Look up north American rainforests--basically the entire west coast and look at the history of them.

It's hard to say where to start but I can say the timber cartel has saturated society with lies and total bullshit.
>>
>>2772253
The Gene edited Doug Fir:
I live near a test forest for Warhauser and talk to some of their employees.
It's painful that I have to eplain mycological substrates to an experimental forests.

They're trying hard as fuck to make trees a monoculture and the only way to do that would end up with desert...which is eventually going to happen with managed forests anyways but the monoculture will speed that up noticeably.
>>
>>2772253
I also did permitting for a non profit construction projects which is where I learned about (((Building Code))).

If something isn't in the building code you can essentially quadruple the build cost and double the approval time. All the code for housing construction is basically from the 50s and 60s... total shit and all wood construction methods.
>>
>>2772265
Baste
>>
>>2772247
it was the jewish beavers.
>>
>>2772499
>Jewish beavers
They are rodents I guess.
>>
>>2772247
across all its holdings the blm manages like three trees of merchantable size and quality lmao
>>
>>2772934
And they kill everything else with prejudice--usually by aerial spray. BLM is controlled by vial demons who lie about everything.
>>
>>2771972
BLM
>>
>>2772942
I'm not saying they're good stewards, the old joke was "bureau of livestock and mining", it's just obviously nonsense to complain that they're in nefarious cahoots with the timber industry. Nobody's trying to log, like, juniper or black spruce.
>>
>>2773010
They don't log it--they kill it and replace it with (((economically viable))) species. They spray herbicides to kill any species that interferes with their harvest.
>>
>Be me, highschool senior
>Young and innocent
>Really want a job where I can help forests and animals
>Go to job fair
>Know I need to talk to the tables with BLM, USFWS, NPS, and USFS.
>Walk up to BLM table
>Ask about restoration ecology jobs in BLM
>They don't know what restoration ecology is, tells me to talk to USFS
>Go to USFS
>"Sorry anon, we don't do that either"
>Go to NPS
>"We generally work for people, culture, and education"
>Go to USFWS
>"Well... We manage the National Wildlife Refuge System and some of those require restoration."

Why is only 1 national agency partially focused on actually protecting wildlife? Since college, I have been able to do much more work with local agencies than federal ones.
>>
>>2773651
because republicans control the government and want to make money, not help the environment
>>
>>2773653
It doesn't matter who's in power anon--logging money goes directly to the state and not into the general fund. Logging fuckery has been going on before WA was even a state and it's always been a wealth extraction from public resources (forests) to rich people and they use souless husks of men to chop it all down and pretend that it "helped build a nation"

when in reality it made a few people very rich and created climate change in the entire northern continent that they pretend isn't tied to cutting down rainforests and old growth.
>>
>>2773651
You can easily look through all of these agencies websites to find endless restoration work they are all doing. Idk why you would think some agencies don't just because of a high school job fair. All of the actual positions, as in other than things like ucc crews that do grunt work, are college degree requiring scientist jobs, so of course they aren't gonna talk about it with high schoolers, they are there to grab kids to do rec tec or fire or trails or Visitor center stuff, all the basic shit that doesn't require any education or much brain power.
>>
>>2773746
>Cutting down lowland and intermountain rainforest
>Cutting down old growth
>Ree they do restoration though
You're fucking retarded. The people that work for the logging cartels are the biggest piece of shit liars on earth.

You probably believe you have to deforest to build a house or even wiper your ass. DNR is the reason you can't do wetland restoration in (((managed forests.)))
>>
>>2773653
this is your brain on mainstream media
>>
>>2773029
>harvest
of what, cheatgrass?
>>
>>2773653
>Republicans
>controlling the government
lol, lmao even. A Democrat is president, and another Democrat will be elected this November along with the house flipping blue
>>
>>2773935
Doesn't matter. Republicans control congress and thus spending because you need 60 democrats in the senate to pass anything republicans don't approve of and the system is stacked to guarantee that doesn't happen.

you can't pass funding increases for federal agencies with republicans in power
>>
>>2773943
Curious that all the leadership in the states with the heaviest logging are blue states.

This isn't a political problem: it's a social one.

Federal agencies don't need more funding--they need less. The actual loggers are not part of the government at all and the government doesn't need to take income from timber land lease because they get it from the harvest profits.

You don't know what you're talking about at all.

>>2773918
I get it, you're mad that I correctly identified you as a locust. This is just your broken mind coping--continue I guess.
>>
>>2773935
When it comes to deforestation and filling wetlands the Dems and R are absolutely on the same page: Extracting as much money from their rich timber and mining donors as possible while pretending they care about nature.

Dude in the Washington thread didn't even know everything west of the cascades is rainforest and he lives in Port Angeles.
>>
No one has posted it yet? sure is newfag ITT
>>
>>2773852
I never made any claim as to the quality of restoration work or corruption within these agencies, schizo, just that they do in fact hire people in that work
>>
>>2773651
>Since college, I have been able to do much more work with local agencies than federal ones
state ones are much better than feds in this regard because of habitat restoration mandates for hunting and resource management
>>
>>2774045
>scizo
>t. unhinged kike
lol, stay mad
Not sorry I fucked up your recruiting thread.
I don't expect your pilpul to be coherent--that wouldn't be fun for me at all.
>>2774046
>habitat restoration
lol nope
>Resource management
weird way to describe clearcutting and completely fucking the mycology and topsoil.
>>
>>2771988
This. They're fucking everywhere in the parks. They smell bad, they shit near the trail, they're loud and annoying.
>>
>>2774030
Goofy ahh
>>
>>2774030
not all national parks are like this, especially outside of summer. Not to mention some national forests are very popular (for mountainous ones). Beyond that once you get 3mi in on any trail the volume of traffic dips dramatically with either anyway. Tourists don't go on long hikes.
>>
File: IMG_20240511_100904.jpg (1.52 MB, 1600x1200)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>2771972
National forests, absolutely. Scenery is less spectacular than the parks, but the true outdoorsman doesn't care about showing off on Instagram. He cares about being allowed to live immersed in nature. Picrel in Mark Twain National Forest.
>>2772129
New dispersed camping regulations have been posted all throughout BLM land near my town in Colorado. For years it was a free-for-all, but not anymore.
>>
>>2771972
I went to Hoh Rainforest recently thinking it would be a cool place to go exploring, but was instead met with a million signs that said to stay on the trail. Later I read that Olympic National Forest was more so what I was looking for but I was short on time and had to leave that side of Washington. FUCK
>>
>>2774030
What about national forests filters normalfags?
>>
>>2777405
Is that little Nissan yours?
>>
File: DSC06905.jpg (302 KB, 1600x900)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>2778556
they dont give out national forest stamps

also the roads in NFs are often shit
>>
>>2777405
>immersified in nature
>driving a car down a road to take a picture of it on a phone to post it on a message board
>>
>>2771988
>Fpbp
This. National Parks at this point are just a bug screen for tourist hordes, I ditched NPs for national and state forests 5 years ago and have never looked back.
>>
>>2778556
Less picturesque so less media attention and therefore isn’t the first thing that pops up when every normie googles where to go for a hike. Also, I can’t speak for every forest, but the one near me has almost no infrastructure with poor trail maintenance.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.