[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1398234696805.jpg (33 KB, 350x262)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Does anyone know of a brand/make of lawn vacuum that isn't one that has to be pulled by a tractor and does not pull the material through the blade? Had a blower that converted to a vacuum but material went through the blade and the sticks/acorns tore the blade to shreds. All the ones I've seen have the same design but maybe an anon has come across one I haven't
>>
Didn’t your dad tell you already that those things don’t work very well. But seriously, >>>/diy/ would know more about that than here. Why not just use a mower that bags? I hit rocks and roots all the time with mine and still only have to sharpen the blades 1-2 times per season, which doesn’t take long if you have a grindstone. And then whatever I can’t get with the mower I blow into piles and bag by hand.
>>
>>2772718
Considered DIY but thought that's more for handyman projects. I pick up the sticks before I mow and only have to sharpen blades every couple years instead. Vacuum is more for all the damn acorns and the numerous odd spots that blower just shuffles things around and rake can't work effectively. Getting too old and tired to pick them up by hand and rake does a so-so job. Besides being painful under bare feet, and leaving me to dealing with hundreds of aspiring oaks in spring, acorns bring squirrels which tear the crap out of the lawn and literally shit weeds. If I can clear acorns I can dissuade them with food scarcity on the ground at least rather than trap them (which really doesn't work effectively anyways). Any alternative solutions I'm all ears. And no I'm not chopping down trees or killing squirrels.
>>
>>2772512
Sounds like a walk-behind unit is what you need, unless someone makes a backpack blower-vacuum which would be a step up from the 25-35cc handheld you're probably using.

I turn wrenches at a lawncare dealership and have used a Billy Goat TKV601 to maintain the property. They've got an internal vane like every other commercial bagger or vacuum system we sell but it's stout, 1/4" steel and incredible suction. Looks like DR equipment makes 'em too. Those don't hold up as great from what we see but their market is light-use, landowner grade and thus a more appealing price.
>>
>>2773075
Good lord. Thanks for the response but both brands are well out of my price range to justify for the task at hand. Maybe if my yard was measured in acres rather than square feet I'd consider it.
>>
That little vacuum used to scare me
>>
>>2773100
Hmm, small enough I bet you could get creative with a 5-6hp shop-vac then. Can buy a 100ft extension cord and 3" caster wheels from the same hardware store so it'll roll on your lawn good.
>>
>>2773108
Same here, anon
>>
>>2773121
Actually considered that. Have both shopvac and cord already . Trouble is the bags aren't that big and I'd go broke replacing bags or have to go through the hassle of trying to empty it. Does a bagless shopvac exist? Kids got me a bagless Dyson for the house and I love that aspect. But might actually try shopvac just for acorns after raking and compare the effort vs gain..
>>
>>2773108
Really. Was it because noo-noo sucked up everything and you were worried he'd get your stuff. Having a noo-noo would be great if it could differentiate stuff vs trash

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.