[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I am moving to CT for work.
Best places to camp, kayak, and fish?
It's not looking good desu senpai
>>
>>2773827
It's beyond over.
>>
>>2773829
r-really?
>>
>>2773827
for camping you should try Dudleytown Hill
>>
>>2773851
thanks brother
>>
File: devilish.jpg (59 KB, 600x760)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>2773860
my pleasure anon...
>>
>>2773827
There's a nice park I used to go to as a kid right over the state line- Pulaski park in Burillville RI.
>>
>>2773827
Southeastern CT? Union job?
Anyways, my family used to camp at Green Falls. It was alright.
>>
>>2773827
stealth camping around the connecticut river valley shade tobacco farms was fun when I was a teenager but idk how that would go with farmers using drones and shit nowadays. at least you don't have to worry about getting shot (by boomer farmers) because the laws are so tight
>>
>>2774027
Near outskirts of New Haven. Government job (ew, I know).
Thanks. I’ll check it out.
>>2774224
Hoping to do a river trip with camping at some point too. We’ll see how that goes… thanks for the recommendation.

Looks like there’s a decent 50mi AT section in the northwest too. I was thinking of doing it as a 24hr challenge. We’ll see if I can rope a friend into it.
>>
>>2773827
For hiking:

The peoples state Forest
Giants Head State Park
Bear Mountain

Literally the only good hikes in the state
>>
>>2774400
>Giants Head State Park
You mean Sleeping Giant?
>>
>>2773827
>>2774267
I’m on the western outskirts of New Haven. Sleeping Giant is great, but I also like to hike the loop in Paugusset state forest. For kayaking I usually go to Lake Zoar, it’s pretty chill and there’s an awesome burger shack there that hopefully didn’t get wiped out by the floods. Eventually I might try to kayak to Charles Island off Milford because that seems fun.

Don’t go to Dudleytown, it’s haunted, spoopy as fuck and worst of all, it’s basically owned by a giant HOA full of assholes that like to get peoples cars towed
>>
>>2774574
don't listen to this troll OP, Dudleytown is perfectly safe for camping. Ghosts have been debunked by science and even if they were real it's not like we would possess you or anything stupid like that.
>>
File: spooky.png (103 KB, 646x466)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>2774599
>we
>>
>>2774400
>>2774490
Thank you anons
>>2774574
>the loop
There’s only one? Maybe CT was a mistake… I will definitely check out those places! You can walk to Charles island at low tide but it’ll probably be nicer at high tide without people on it.
>>2774599
>we
XD
>>
>>2773827
even Iowa is better than connecticuck
>>
>>2773827
>>2773829
He can literally drive 3h and be in two of the best mountain states in the NE. Weekend trips to
Maine or Adirondacks even with ease. He's got this made.
>>
>>2774599
Gay
Sage.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.