[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Pigeons.jpg (2.99 MB, 2792x3722)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
Are there any fellow pigeon shooters here? I managed to get these two earlier today, along with the two confirmed, I had half a dozen hits, but was unable to confirm the kills.
>>
Do yuropoors really use air rifles to hunt flying rats?
>>
I use an air rifle when I am rough shooting. Only having a single shot means each shot has to be almost perfect, while it's difficult to gain high numbers, one could argue is a purer form of hunting.

Sitting in a hide all day can be tedious. If it's field work, then a shotgun is by far the best and only tool for the job. Whereas using an air rifle is more for fun.
>>
>>2774303
>I had half a dozen hits, but was unable to confirm the kills.
>purer form of hunting.
you are just a disturbed cunt who likes to shoot animals, if you are to hunt, you make sure whatever you wound dies humanely, get back inside your basement.
>>
>>2774328
They died, without any doubt. However, due to the size of the woodland and how overgrown many parts of it is, finding them would have taken all day.

Try reading a book and perhaps leaving your room once in awhile and talking to a huntsman, you might learn something about shooting and conservation, retard.
>>
>>2774306
This just tells me you're a crappy shot and very insecure about your penis size.
>>
>>2774351
>talking to a huntsman
why the fuck would i talk to people who can't hit a broad side of a barn and have to sit in a blind like retards to have a chance of actually shooting something? if you get stabbed well enough you will die too without any doubt, that doesn't mean it's humane. my point remains, you are a sick little cunt who just likes to shoot animals and looks for a cover story for his perversion, go eat some drain cleaner, that's the only way you can do something good for the broader society.
>>
Unless you eat what you kill, you're just a psychopath.
>>
>>2774410
Calm down, dear. Maybe you should take off your Biden/Harris onesie, take out your heart-shaped buttplug and go get some fresh air. You’re acting like an emotional woman.

Pigeon are vermin. Period.
>>
>>2774497
Does this apply to rats and other disgusting vermin?
>>
>>2774536
Do you have rats causing damages in your house or do you go out to "hunt" them?
>>
>>2774532
Wow, so much projection
>Calm down, dear.
I am not angry, i just loathe softback cucks like you
>Maybe you should take off your Biden/Harris onesie,
I'm not even american, and if i were i would definitely vote trump
>take out your heart-shaped buttplug and go get some fresh air.
That's oddly specific, are you trying to tell me something here?
>You’re acting like an emotional woman.
Empathy bad. Women bad. I think it's that kind of stunted development that might give you your issues. Probably makes you interested in butt plugs too.
>Pigeon are vermin. Period.
They kinda are, but even with vermin, when i need to, i dispose of them in a humane manner, not just wound them and hope they die. That kind of half-assed bullshit is typical of low test manlets you prove yourself to be. Btw, when i shoot something it falls there and then, if you are to do it, do it right.
>>
>>2774536
Yes
And they aren't disgusting.
I put colored string in my yard and am happy to see the string again when I find mouse nests hiding under my flower pots.
They don't damage my house and I have plenty of vegetables to share. Maybe you just hate nature.
In medieval folklore, people who hurt nature and don't leave out gifts for animals will be cursed by fairies. This is probably why I see butterflies every day and you are miserable.
>>
>>2774351
Why don't you have a dog to retrieve them?
There's literally an entire breed category dedicated to retrieving downed birds.
>>
>>2774626
Get a bath, hippy.

My daily sights are buzzards and deer. Misery is far from what I experience everyday.
>>
>>2774624
Yawn!

I am thankful that I don't know you in real life. You seem like an absolute turd. Someone that sucks the life out of a room. Congratulations, you hit and they fall right there. Give yourself a round of applause, as I doubt you have any friends to do it.

Clean shot or slight miss, it's part of the game and part of life. I suggest you humanely kill yourself.
>>
>>2774536
wait until you learn that humans are invasive pests that do more damage than any other creature
>>
>>2774690
>Clean shot or slight miss, it's part of the game
No, it's a clean shot or being a failure of a marksman, too bad you don't have any standards, and i won't suggest you kill yourself, i already know your bloodline ends with you so no need to be overly dramatic.
>>
>>2774815
Moron, even a legend like Archie Coats missed from time to time.

My bloodline is secure as I have children. Both of whom excel in life. Something I doubt you will ever experience, virgin.

Now give it a rest, try not to shout at your mother or lick the plug sockets.
>>
>>2774919
>My bloodline is secure as I have children. Both of whom excel in life.
And still argues like a spastic teen called out for his bullshit on a basket weaving forum...
>virgin.
Yes, that is exactly what a children having adult man would try to insult someone with, spot on.
Usually i am disgusted by retards posting here but you anon genuinely made me laugh. Hmpff, i adult much, virgin, bwahampf... top kek.
>>
>>2774919
Surely you have a framed photo of your kids somewhere, snap a quick timestamped pic of it, you can blur their faces.
>>
>>2774934
Why are you soliciting photos of children on the internet?
>>
>>2774939
I'm just calling out liars.
>>
>>2774947
Why would I lie about having children? What would that actually accomplish?
I have absolutely nothing to prove to random strangers on the internet. Also asking for photographs is perverted.

To wrap this up, I am happy with my life. I am a published writer, hunting/pest control is a side interest. One I have been engaging in for less than two years. Am I the most prolific shot? No. But my instant kill percentage is in the high 90s. Of course, there are times when the wind is stronger than expected and the pellet doesn't hit clean, or the pigeon moves at the last second. The aim is always to kill as quickly as possible, to avoid suffering.

This is the first thread I have ever posted, I was lead to believe /out/ was a place were civil and nuanced conversation was possible. That clearly isn't the case. Just like elsewhere, there's always some arsehole that just wants to post bullshit.

So to the first guy, I assumed you are a retard and a virgin due to your responses. As they seemed to be soaked in emotion. If you truly are an exceptional shot, try and make a living out of it, rather than wasting your time posting on here.
>>
>>2774303
What kind of air rifle is that?
>>
File: zo8nwWW.jpg (38 KB, 400x274)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2775004
Blah blah didn't read.
>>
File: 20220714_1542590.jpg (266 KB, 1672x1254)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>2774303
Do not reply to trolls
Do not reply to shills
They are here to demoralise.
They are here to sow descent.
They literally get paid to do so.
They do not want you to be self sufficient.
Good job OP on taking up hunting.
Being able to hunt for food successfully is not something that many can achieve, however easy it may come to some (you).
I hunted for a decade and a half with various iterations of picrel.
The skills that you learn from hunting for your own food will never leave you, and they will be with you to pass down to your children when the time comes.
Good job. Keep it up.
>>
File: vargshroom.jpg (7 KB, 197x256)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Ok I'd like to put in my 2 cents on the topic because I'm in the process of getting my gun loicense

I think hunting small birds is pretty dumb, also if you miss and if these critters aren't on the forest floor your hurling that bullet super fucking far away.. unless that's a BB gun?

Anyway yeah, killing small animals for the thrill of the hunt without eating anything is kinda dumb, but not worthy of the epic chimpout regular typical of liberal urbanites. It's more of a sort of weird, you do you thing.

And the murricans are right. with the absolute sad state of european "nature" (that euros seem unable to grasp and similarly elicits a chimpout when mention) you really do seem silly spending 3k+ to go kill the last partridge in england or whatever.

Anyway yeah, if you kill small animals for fun.. idk.. you do you I guess. but its not popular in Canada except among drunkard boomers who hate nature for some reason or wannabes who wish they were born in germany around 1920
>>
>>2775111
and anyway, to add onto this. I'd like to hunt, but the smallest thing I'm hunting is ducks and I'm gonna eat them. But I think the first thing I ever shoot is gonna be a deer. Hopefully .
>>
>>2775111
You can eat pigeons
>>
>>2775114
But does anon eat them?

what kind of forest has pigeons just chilling in them? they are supposed to live in cities and rocky cliffsides... and also I'd be intersted in pics of prepared pigeon
>>
File: image.jpg (4.53 MB, 4032x3024)
4.53 MB
4.53 MB JPG
you should eat them, they are legit taste as fuck
they don't look like city pigeons and you seem to have shot them in a rural land so imo that's good to eat
>>
>>2775041
There is nothing "self sufficient" about bringing your mass produced pellet gun "hunting". LMAO now that cracks me up. Yuropoors think they are "hunting" with the guns we buy for our children to play with.
>>
city pigeon is gross
but field pigeons are delicious
scope them out, they have a few roosting areas in a general vicinity
use an air rifle, take one at a time in each spot, don't use the same spot again that day, come back in a couple of weeks
>>
>>2774306
I tried all the really expensive 25 caliber air rifle and it gives up extremely little to a 22 caliber rifle. Excellent accuracy and hitting power excellent for small animals
>>
>>2774306
I'm American and I do this
>>
>>2774497
It’s especially pretty fucked up when you realize pigeons are so widespread because we bred and used them as forms of communication and then immediately released them and abandoned them when radios and phones became a thing. They’re really only native to Asia. There’s no way to truly put a dent in their population unless everyone were to begin hunting them like with the passenger pigeon and that’s not gonna happen. Like these things are absolutely a problem and should be killed they spread disease to native birds and shit everywhere but I promise even if you kill 100 birds there’s just gonna be another 500 within 6 months. It’s futile. So it effectively becomes little faggot who’s too bitch made to hunt larger game and spend time actually outdoors to get a kill larping like he’s some hunter. Next this nerd is gonna claim he fishes and then mention how he just plops live bait right into fish beds/nests.
>>2774532
Never understood this line of forced machismoism. It’s BPD thot tier reasoning
>nuh uh actually you’re [the thing] not me haha because I said so so it’s just true now haha
Like imagine someone covered in shit eating fecal matter saying you’re the weird insecure fuck for not partaking. Of course to acknowledge this and then improve and do better, maybe even get into real shit like actual hunting, requires an ounce of self confidence in the first place so this geek will just cry and deflect and project further in response to this. Just a weak loser who wants to feel like le badass primal hunter. Go duck hunting at least. You get food out of it, actually go be outdoors. Takes some skill. These rock doves any retard could kill them with a pebble or even too loud a noise
>actually does what I predicted and responds crying
Post body, you wont
>>
>>2775247
Passenger pidgeon had been hunted to extinction by the 1914. Humans have been quite benficial to many sub species, but it's not like we farmed these birds. Same as with all animals that find a way to coexist with humans, they thrive well where there are humans.
>>
>>2775041
Big fan of the slip.

No interest in the bollocks being said here by the first two responders.
>>
>>2774497
This, I eat every fly I swat, and every weed I pull. Its sustainable.
>>
>>2775290
Hehe got em

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.