[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: snoy.jpg (25 KB, 500x361)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
and even though i as a 40 year old millennifart boomer often shit on gen-z i think it is kinda cool. Just imagine them going to whatever social gathering they are assembling in, bringing out all these cool semi-vintage digicams that nobody gave 2 shits about until recently..
The market is absolutely booming right now.. they want it all. The shittiest model you can imagine? Guess what.. they want it and they want to pay more than yesterday.
In certain niche markets these things sell for even above ebay prices which is insane.
Gen-z is unironically making photography fun again?
It is also quite interesting to think about the conditions that made this possible in the first place. So what happened exactly? My viewpoint is the following:
Younger Gen-z social media users have only used cellphones for photography.. they have finally realized that the platform has limitations.. they look at pictures their parents took of them when they were kids using digicams and want that particular look etc, meanwhile the large camera companies have completely neglected this market segment thanks to plebs only using their phones. just look at Canon for instance.. they haven't released a single Ixus model in 7 years and their last hoorah was nothing special in terms of specifications so we have to go back even further to find their high end models. Other companies have done the same.. there is nothing to be seen from the likes of Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Fuji, Samsung or any of the companies that for years made these ultra-compact and cool looking cameras.
It find it all really strange. You have a generation that simply loves this type of stuff and nothing to sell them. Just imagine these cameras with updated hardware, maybe some fresh colors and "limited edition" varieties.
Also feel free to post pics of cool digicams.
>>
>>4285524
"Retro" Digishit camera collecting is trending on tiktok
>>
>>4285529
And I see every YouTube “photography” shatter putting out “get THIS old camera for FILMLIKE photos” type of videos pretty regularly also. It’s cool I guess but you know these zoomers will take Instagram snaps for a week then forget it in a drawer or something lol. I just can’t see them getting used to the extra steps vs just using their phones.
>>
Can I exchange some old digishits for prime zoomer boypussy?
>>
>>4285531
The amount of "This camera takes unlimited film like photos!!" Videos on YouTube is retarded.
And they are always older Fuji's or random digicams. Then if you see the results and think those photos are kinda nice the cameras price is absolutely bloated on eBay.
But luckily most people on marketplace or local selling sites usually just think this is an old shit camera worth $20.
>>
>>4285531
Yes, there are added steps obviously, but it doesn't seem to hinder them at the moment. I saw one of these type of videos you are talking about myself recently while brainlessly browsing youtube shorts. Suddenly this 20 year old girl showed some photos she had taken.. looked like any snapshit taken with a flash and she was like "omg guise this is straight out of camera i didn't do any editing at all so everybody go out and buy this camera!!!".. looked at her profile and it turns out that this insignificant young lady has a following of over a million subscribers so obviously things like that affects the market, but in my experience, at least here this isn't brand or model specific even though certain models probably trend higher.
>>
File: IXUS-130-BEAUTY.jpg (135 KB, 1280x1029)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>4285539
>But luckily most people on marketplace or local selling sites usually just think this is an old shit camera worth $20.
With this knowledge i have flipped a few cameras and cut down cost on gear.. they are still available for cheap here and there. picrel for instance.. found one in box for about $10, resold it for over $100.
>>
I really need to list most of my digishit collection on eBay. I have about 30 random ones, mostly nicer powershots, that I've bought the past few years. Just seems like such a hassle to pack and ship items for a measly ~$40 profit each.
>>
I've been making bank on this. They're readily available on marketplace for peanuts and I've been reselling them on eBay. Most models go for $100+. Anything Canon IXUS is $200+. I created a new eBay store with cringe marketing specifically for zoomy digicam buyers. I have around 120 cameras listed right now, + 80 for accessories and chargers. I sell the cameras with cheap Chinese replacement chargers and sell the genuine ones separately as they often go for ~$30. Total value listed is over $20000 and total invested is just shy of $3000. Have a couple of bulk lots on their way to me from Japanese auction sites, too.
>>
>>4285617
Based zoomie scamming chad
>>
>Just imagine them going to whatever social gathering they are assembling in
I find that unexpectedly difficult to do
>>
File: IMG_1664.jpg (1002 KB, 1284x1588)
1002 KB
1002 KB JPG
I’m actually trying to buy a cheap s90 off of marketplace right now, but the dumb broad won’t respond. I doubt it’s hotly contested since it’s been posted for days, I’m leaning more towards sold and not updated, but you never know! Wish me luck lads.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1284
Image Height1588
>>
>>4285704
Got a s100 for $40 the other day, 2 batteries, no charger though. Got one on the way from China.
>>
>all the retards buy jpeg digishits
>leave all the raw-capable compacts for cheap
>>
>>4286448
>leave all the raw-capable compacts for cheap
Hahaha, I wish. I wanted to replace my old $40 Powershot G10 or maybe even get a G15 and nope, they're $300 now.
>>
Sluuurrrrrrrrrppppp
>>
>>4285524
as much as I love the hardware
the problem with such cameras is their inability to shoot RAW
as such, zoomers buying them are all dumb nigger consumers never acknowledging the basics of photograhy and are just trendy retards

nothing about this is cool
The sooner zoomzoomz embrace "fuck you big camera niggers, shoot RAW or go into the dumpster" the better.
smartphones are objectively better camaras when shooting RAW vs 99% of point and shoots that ever came to market.
Point and shoots were artificially gimped by BigCamera manufacturers and deserve no respect even if they have okay lenses/sensores.
No Raw = No use
If you disagree you are a certified trend following nigger of no value who doesn't even recognize the point of capturing scenes as they are, and are nothing more than a fan/shill of some proprietary post-processing methods for some $100-$250 budget camera which makes you a fucking joke of an individual.

zoomes if you are reading this, invest in a monoopd or tripod instead and use your phones. Please. No, don't use hacked gcam bullshit, just use something like OpenCamera which provides real unedited RAWs, and use Darktable not shitty Adobe software like Lightroom that edits your RAWs by defaukt,, the sooner you all will all realize you are in control of your own data and as soon as you stop bowing down down to kike software like Adobe and other big software behemoths where they want you paying monthly to do nothing special, the better.
>>
>>4285524
so I can sell my almost mint Fuji Z900 you say?
good to know.
>>
>>4286884
Phone niggers deserve death
>>
>>4286884
Is this you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJUDx7iEJw
>some proprietary post-processing methods for some $100-$250 budget camera
That's the only thing making phones competitive, shoot RAW and you lose the computational photography benefits. It basically does multiple exposures and composites them on the fly.
>>
blacked raw cucks don't know the joys of snapshitting
>>
>>4287169
>joys of snapshitting
yes, its called Kodak Gold 200
>>
>>4285534
have done this, works a treat, especially the chinky ones
>>
>>4286884
>assuming most digicam-buying zoomies use android
>>
>>4285524
It ticks me off, actually. Yet again, I missed cheap bounty.
>>
File: CRW_2656.jpg (2.19 MB, 1507x2038)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon DIGITAL IXUS 960 IS
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.6.1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.9
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)36 mm
Image Created2024:02:24 09:14:47
Exposure Time23751/1000000 sec
F-Numberf/2.9
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance5.27 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length7.70 mm
Image Width1507
Image Height2038
>>
File: CRW_2641.jpg (2.88 MB, 2023x1512)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2024:02:24 09:32:28
Exposure Time73259/1000000 sec
F-Numberf/2.9
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance2.32 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length7.70 mm
Image Width2023
Image Height1512
>>
>>4287409
yummy ISO
>>
>>4285542
>>4285531
Most big photography channels solely exist to gatekeep poor people out of photography
>>
>>4285617
do you get anxious when they buy your camera and message you about their batteries not working a week after selling it to them

also do you buy them with batteries (and pay for UPS) or have the courier dispose of it and buy your own locally

t. sold 5 digicams so far
>>
File: CIMG2645.jpg (1.27 MB, 1531x2023)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCASIO COMPUTER CO.,LTD.
Camera ModelEX-G1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.9
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)38 mm
Image Created2024:02:26 13:35:27
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/3.9
ISO Speed Rating64
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length6.66 mm
Image Width1531
Image Height2023
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4285529
>>4285531
Oh, so that's why old digishits have gone from €10 to €50 at my local flea market.
>>
>>4288279
Yup. Even old junky film point+shits are inflated now. Similar how to the x100v was still selling for over retail until the vi announcement, because tiktok people kept saying “This camera is a FILM LOOK hack!” Or whatever dumb shit
>>
>>4286470
Judging by the prices some of the IXUS cameras are going for they have also found out about CHDK sadly.
>>
>>4288266
When I buy a camera I charge the battery and fuck around with it for a bit. If I can take 100 shots in quick succession and the battery level isn't flashing red, I feel confident in selling it like that. If the battery life is shit, I sell it with a cheap Chinese replacement. I have a bunch of the most common replacement batteries on hand that cost me a few bucks each from AliExpress. For example, you can cover like 30 different Nikon Coolpix models with one battery type.

I'm not in the USA so I don't know about any of that UPS shit.
>>
since we're here what are some good digishit cams with video capabilities? not really looking to shoot pics with it unless it shoots RAW since i usually shoot film.
>>
>>4288501
Look up on the chdk site which ones it supports and try any of those. That’ll usually be better video in most ways compared to other digishits, since it basically removes a lot of restrictions.
>>
>>4288292
>Yup. Even old junky film point+shits are inflated now. Similar how to the x100v was still selling for over retail until the vi announcement, because tiktok people kept saying “This camera is a FILM LOOK hack!” Or whatever dumb shit
It's just a trend and it will pass because now that people are aware that they sell for good money they will flood the market. It is not like these cameras are rare.
>>
>>4288438
>If I can take 100 shots in quick succession and the battery level isn't flashing red
holy shit good idea i havent thought of that before. i do fuck around with em for a bit but not enough to stress test em. thanks

>I'm not in the USA so I don't know about any of that UPS shit
i'm not from the USA too but based on this i'm assuming your bulk lots from japan don't have batteries? just because of the two battery rule japan post has
>>
File: CRW_2732_01.jpg (1.39 MB, 1716x2776)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)76 mm
Image Created2024:03:02 11:38:32
Exposure Time97/40000 sec
F-Numberf/4.1
ISO Speed Rating74
Lens Aperturef/4.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance11.38 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length16.29 mm
Image Width1716
Image Height2776
>>
File: dt_CRW_2834.jpg (935 KB, 1524x2052)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
>>4285524

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2024:03:12 12:31:31
Exposure Time1463/250000 sec
F-Numberf/2.9
ISO Speed Rating74
Lens Aperturef/2.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.41 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length7.70 mm
Image Width1524
Image Height2052
>>
>>4285524
I still have OP pic camera. Rarely used it. But the pictures I shot with it were nice and can't find them anymore.
>>
File: file.png (523 KB, 894x622)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
>>4285544
>>4285542
>>4285524

Man i was just thinking about this last year
I saw so many old point and shoots at goodwill for $5 and considered starting a market for them but never did it. fuck

I still have my TL100 from 2009 though
>>
I almost bought an Olympus FE-230 at a local thrift shop. It was only like 5 bucks, but it didnt have a battery.
Its a pretty neat size and I think it would have been fun. But I didnt want to deal with buying a battery for it. I dont think most of these cameras are worth getting new aftermarket batteries for.
>>
File: f710_bk.jpg (17 KB, 500x254)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
It's a dumb trend. You can mimic 90% of this look with a phone pretty easily by reducing dynamic range and adding some noise in post. Xenon flash is what makes the biggest difference imo.

Decent digicams made by well known brands from mid 2000s onward produce results that really aren't that different from smartphone photos. Ancient crappy late 90s digital point and shoots are a somewhat different story, they give more of a uniquely shit digital look.

I noticed this digicam (and camcorder) trend emerging a while ago, and had a thought of buying some for resale purposes in the future, but realised that market is really saturated, there are tons of forgotten digicams laying around. I doubt their value will ever inflate as much as Mju II and Lomo LC-a for example, and if it does, it's really difficult to guess which model will be sought after. Years ago though, I ended up buying a few old Fuji super CCD sensor digicams I managed to find for cheap, Finepix 710 and Finepix 700. They make nice soft photos with for the time unbelievable dynamic range. I'm sure some would think it "looks like film"... that CCD cult idea is what grinds my gears way more than this zoomie digicam thing.

Why do some people claim CCD "looks like film" now? I'm old enough to remember when those cameras were new and back in the day nobody thought they do. I did notice the difference in the look when I switched from CCD Nikon D80 to CMOS Canon 60D, but calling it film like is a huge stretch. What was very strange to me is that older CCD did look better than newer CMOS, smoother, warmer, less noisy, but only on base iso, as soon as you went over it cmos started showing it's strengths (that's why every manufacturer switched).
>>
https://www.instagram.com/born2b2cute?igsh=eDBkMWNnOGlyZTI1
>>
File: file.png (2.09 MB, 1025x794)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>4295952
I have a camcorder with a 1/2" CCD chip from the late 80s. All i can guess is that it looks "grainy" which is more of a byproduct than an intention. This was a capture taken from the video out from the camera (bypassing the VHS portion)
>>
>>4295952
When zoomers say “looks like film”, it’s bit similar to how you see people on here say things have soul/aRe soulless. It doesn’t really mean any one particular thing, but to the zoomer it’s basically what you describe. Old ccd cameras tended to have poor dynamic range, low resolution, and noisy output. for the zoomzooms that grew up with iPhones and advanced digital cameras and HD etc, anything that isn’t a “technically perfect” image, starts to “look like film” for them. But the thing is “technically perfect” images could come from ancient cameras as well, as you say. Basically, when you hear people say “it looks like film”, they generally mean more towards that lomography, littered with imperfections type of aesthetic, despite the fact that film could produce images as clean as a modern camera. Basically they’re retarded, and renamed something that already existed (zoomers love doing this, see things like “quiet quitting”)
>>
File: dt_CRW_2870_01.jpg (1.63 MB, 2052x1524)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2024:03:19 15:38:58
Exposure Time301/15625 sec
F-Numberf/2.9
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.47 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length7.70 mm
Image Width2052
Image Height1524
>>

Image Created2024:03:19 15:34:37
Image Width1944
Image Height1260
>>

Image Created2024:03:19 16:06:24
Image Width1710
Image Height1108
>>
>>4296298

Image Created2024:03:19 18:13:02
Image Width1710
Image Height1108
>>
>>4296099
>quiet quitting
Why bother
Plant your balls on the table and make the boss sweat, ypur time in the company is over anyway
>>
Sold a Samsung digicam made in 2008 to a zoomette recently. After it sold she sent me a message asking if it had a flash. Looked up her instagram and she had of course lots of photos that left very little to the imagination. This is quite typical for buyers of these cameras. They are for zoomers who want to post pictures of themselves online and they have gathered from social media that these cameras give a different look than their phones. It is not because of collecting, investing, historical interest or any of that sort that these things are in demand, but purely narcissism.
>>
>>4296526
There's nothing wrong with that. Without narcissism, the rest wouldn't exist.
>>
>>4285524
lmao, digishit thing was started by millennials. now zoomers overpay for shittiest canon digishits from scalpers
>>
File: dt_CRW_2890.jpg (1.29 MB, 2771x1384)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.9
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)133 mm
Image Created2024:03:21 14:20:12
Exposure Time1939/125000 sec
F-Numberf/5.9
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance65.54 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length28.50 mm
Image Width2771
Image Height1384
>>
>>4296904
The cycle of life.
>>
File: dt_CRW_2961.jpg (1.68 MB, 2420x1613)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.2
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)44 mm
Image Created2024:03:24 13:19:20
Exposure Time343/25000 sec
F-Numberf/3.1
ISO Speed Rating74
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance2.12 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length9.57 mm
Image Width2420
Image Height1613
>>
>>4296099
you are a retard
nobody's phone photo is a "technically perfect" image it's further from reality than ever before
these digicams are just different software, it has nothing to do with hardware

also old CCDs aren't noisy
they're LOW NOISE, just worse at at high ISOs
you give them enough light (and their wells are deep) and they look great (the raw CCD images)
but almost every digishit cam is a JPEG producing piece of shit and this is no different than buying some faggot youtuber's Adobe "presets" for some shitty look
>>
i still have my sony cybershot from 2011. not getting rid of it coz it has served me well since i got it. i bought it for street photo and some landscape as well.
>>
File: dt_CRW_2981.jpg (1.29 MB, 2611x1304)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)109 mm
Image Created2024:03:29 17:21:09
Exposure Time3261/500000 sec
F-Numberf/5.2
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating136
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance65.54 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length23.50 mm
Image Width2611
Image Height1304
>>
>>4296099
It's not about dynamic range or whatever you sound like a salty micro four thirds user. Film had nearly as much dynamic range as full frame digital (13 vs 14 stops) and grain != digital noise. Grain is tonality breakdown from over-enlarging, not signal errors, its literally the image slowly tearing apart. Otherwise film was also very sharp.

It's about the look of accuracy. Film was accurate. It didn't have an algorithm turning a grainy "GAS STATION" into an smeared "OA8 STNTION" created by noise reduction and sharpening. CCDs, digishits, and minimally processed modern cameras can get this look (especially if they have the sharp grain of pre-PDAF bodies) but their phones can not.
>>
lmao I accidentally nuked the used market of the canon G11 with a video recently. ppl in the comments were saying it hit $400 which is fucking hilarious, that’s almost X100 money
>>
>>4299841
These are the same people who buy Tesla stocks at 1000$. They don't know the value of things but the price.
>>
I just dug out a coolpix l610 that my wife had to play around with it. Forgot that the door design was shit and it was broken. Can't find a replacement part for reasonable price. I then go see if I could find a new or similar model... and well of course the market explodes. Just my luck.
>>
>>4300494
I think both the spike in film and "vintage" digital is a fad that will come to pass. There is more than enough of these cameras to satisfy demand.
>>
File: CARRAVAGINOT_001.png (504 KB, 555x555)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>4285524
just buy them up at garage sails and such, to help rape the price, and don't sell them lol fuck zoomers

HEY ZOOMER!
>>
File: dt_DSCF2034_02.jpg (2.79 MB, 2758x1378)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix E900
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2024:03:15 16:26:25
Exposure Time1/480 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.4
Brightness5.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length7.20 mm
Image Width2758
Image Height1378
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessHard
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeOff
Macro ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeProgram AE
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>4301307
most passive aggressive comment ive read all day
>>
File: 1712189112238771.png (170 KB, 625x408)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>4301307
savage
>>
Good thing I kept my S95 in mint condition.

It shoots raw.
>>
>>4301774
Ah so that is why the S90-200 series are sought after.
>>
>>4301923
https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/CHDK
>>
So you are telling me someone would actually pay for my 20yo Sony cybershot?
>>
>>4287179
based, sovl, kino, etc. etc.
>>
>>4302253
If it has been featured in some tiktok or youtube shorts then yes.
>>
File: fishing site.jpg (1.27 MB, 2304x1728)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
why would anyone want this shitty old look back again? I had a kodak easy share in 2006 and it was ass

Equipment MakeEASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera ModelKODAK DX7440 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)33 mm
Horizontal Resolution230 dpi
Vertical Resolution230 dpi
Image Created2006:07:29 21:05:04
Exposure Time1/90 sec
F-Numberf/3.4
ISO Speed Rating80
Lens Aperturef/3.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length5.50 mm
Image Width2304
Image Height1728
Exposure Index80
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
it's crazy I looked again and my mx-1 goes for up to $600 on eBay now, last year or two it was only $500
and I have an LX7 that I thought was worthless (got it for free from my cousin who went mirrorless [also]) they are going for up to 400.
since ai denoise is a thing now I was thinking of just taking one of these 1/1.7" compacts on vacations now and a shitty phone as the cameras won't leak data
>>
>>4303242
Be honest, you’re just viewing on your phone at or near Instagram size anyway, cameras have been producing images more than good enough for such non-critical viewing for 20 years. You don’t even need the denoise. That’s only if you’re pixel peeping or printing (come on, this is /p/ lol)
>>
>>4303197
Looks Just Like SLIDE FILM that's been overexposed due to user error
>>
File: sl07.jpg (293 KB, 1527x1080)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>4303316
>slide film without the soul

nah

Camera ModelHP ScanJet 4070
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image Width1600
Image Height1080
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Created2011:12:19 20:50:35
Image Width1527
Image Height1080
SaturationUnknown
SharpnessUnknown
>>
File: DSC09882.jpg (1.52 MB, 2500x1664)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>4285539
I bought mine for 10€/10.74$ this month. 8.1 Megapixels are good enough for me. People just need to do more research to finde the one that is decent and yet not inflated in price. I have mine for the feel and also as budget edc because I don't use smartphones.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-5000
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.10.36
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)57 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2024:04:11 08:29:10
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Brightness1.1 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length38.00 mm
Image Width2500
Image Height1664
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: IMG_6774 copy.jpg (1.52 MB, 1400x2240)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>4301774
Still working and shooting raw.

S95 incoming.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon PowerShot S95
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Width2365
Image Height3783
Image Created2024:04:12 23:14:10
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance1.79 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width1400
Image Height2240
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_6783 copy.jpg (1.15 MB, 2100x1400)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2024:04:12 23:14:00
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance9.04 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width2100
Image Height1400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_6841 copy.jpg (1.5 MB, 1400x2240)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Width2469
Image Height3950
Image Created2024:04:12 23:12:59
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance2.83 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width1400
Image Height2240
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_6866 copy.jpg (1.03 MB, 1400x2241)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Image Width2149
Image Height3439
Image Created2024:04:12 23:12:47
Exposure Time1/2 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Subject Distance10.04 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length18.19 mm
Image Width1400
Image Height2241
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_6872 copy.jpg (1.6 MB, 2240x1400)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Width4033
Image Height2521
Image Created2024:04:12 23:11:55
Exposure Time0.3 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance2.37 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width2240
Image Height1400
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: IMG_6891 copy.jpg (865 KB, 1000x1600)
865 KB
865 KB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Width2507
Image Height4011
Image Created2024:04:12 23:11:25
Exposure Time0.3 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance2.55 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height1600
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4289949
>great blue heron
>yuropoor license plates
c'est quoi fuck?
>>
File: dt_CRW_2811_02.jpg (1.17 MB, 1524x2052)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>4303797
Ardea cinerea
They're like pigeons, very common in cities in the Netherlands.

Equipment MakeCanon
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.3
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)109 mm
Image Created2024:03:09 09:26:07
Exposure Time3261/500000 sec
F-Numberf/5.2
ISO Speed Rating104
Lens Aperturef/5.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance6.15 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length23.50 mm
Image Width1524
Image Height2052
>>
>>4285524
Who cares? Gen Z are a bunch of trend following lemmings that rely on group think for everything. Sell them 80s clothes, now sell them 90d clothes, now sell them friends now sell them seinfeld now sell them film cameras now sell them flip phones nope too far now lets all get pingole cameras no thats too much work now sell them polaroids ugh this thing is huge what are the hot posers on tiktok selling us this week so now we sell them lofi early digital snaphits, hey can it make my pictures look like this oversaturated blown out shitstew, its assthetic, blah blah fuckity blah goddamn mindless children jfc

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width838
Image Height1215
>>
>>4303819
Ah, so there's a Grey Heron in Europe that looks very similar to our Great Blue.
>>
File: dt_CRW_3031_01.jpg (1.12 MB, 1548x1160)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
muh IXUS

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2024:04:13 12:00:08
Exposure Time87/25000 sec
F-Numberf/7.8
ISO Speed Rating74
Lens Aperturef/7.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance7.80 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length7.70 mm
Image Width1548
Image Height1160
>>
File: CRW_0035.png (3.06 MB, 1440x1080)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB PNG
>>4285524
>It is also quite interesting to think about the conditions that made this possible in the first place.

older point and shoot cameras have way more soul then cellphones. modern cell phones look good but they have crazy amounts of automatic post processing. also small sensors with high megapixel count has the effect of making photos look soulless. then you sprinkle a CCD sensor and you got a winner.

I think I helped start this trend and the A590 has been on of my favorites.
>>
>>4303821
Marty’s mom really needed to do some hardcore gonzo titty worship porno in her prime and it’s an unforgivable sin that she didn’t tbqhwy
>>
File: dt_CRW_0732.jpg (1.2 MB, 1920x1440)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG

Equipment MakeCanon
Image Created2024:04:15 14:20:57
Exposure Time5029/1000000 sec
F-Numberf/7.8
ISO Speed Rating74
Lens Aperturef/7.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance65.54 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length7.70 mm
Image Width1920
Image Height1440
>>
>>4285524
Get ahead of the curve and start buying vintage DSLRs before it's too late

They're already more expensive because they were always expensive, from launch. Are you ready for the future of $1200 D800s and people paying near MSRP for old EOS lenses?
>>
File: NPC photographers.png (1.53 MB, 1024x1024)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>4304500
>Only $100!? This "film" camera takes infinite photos!
>Don't order that mirrorless until you've tried THIS
>REAL FILM GRAIN ON DIGITAL! Nikon D2x in 2024
>Which one will people choose? D700 vs Z8 BLIND TEST

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.