[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I thought about this. One day, I heard on the radio: "The students of the future will study history in the metaverse." And okay. It's just that then, with AI, they started making fake photos, even with albumin effect, and well made; a few days later on IG, I saw a video of Churchill giving a speech in 1942 against Hitler, denouncing the horror of the concentration camps. It was fake, shot and dubbed through AI. So I thought: what kind of history will the students of the future study in the metaverse? Real, or fake? Very 1984. So I decided to look for real vintage photos, from the mid-1800s to the 1950s, mostly candid shots, mostly private, therefore without surviving negatives. They are images of the real world of the past, without historical or imaginative filters. I scanned them and turned them into NFTs because I believe blockchain technology is the only one - by its nature - that can unite the various metaverses of the future. So these images will survive the continuous and relentless cyclical destruction of paper. I also requested export permission from the Italian State: under Italian law, a country of art, it is illegal to take photos printed more than 25 years old out of the national borders without an export license. So I made NFTs with full intellectual property rights. However, I have the original paper photos from which the scans derive, and upon request, I can send them to the owner of the NFT along with the export license. The recipient of the photograph can decide whether to keep it or destroy it, whether to own a physical or an NFT... but in any case, the image of the real world will survive forever on the blockchain.

https://augustojandolo.com/
>>
From the same idiots that brought you MFT comes...
>NFT
*prtscr*
thanks for the NFT! it's so cheap and light!
only physical things have value. if you shoot digital, print, if you shoot film, enjoy.
>>
History has always been fake.
>>
>>4292761
>NFT
you are late with that scam
>>
File: IMG_6032.jpg (1 MB, 1125x1440)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
Nice comments, they are more than legitimate.

When discussing old photos without preserved negatives, you can't print new copies unless from a scan of the preserved sample; paper can easily deteriorate, whereas NFTs (or rather, the blockchain) today have more chances to survive over time. Am I wrong? It's true that history has always been fake, but when you have an original photo, at most you can interpret it, not falsify it.

"You are late with that scam," please explain. Nobody is obligated to purchase; The AJ Project is primarily born as an archive, as a hobby of collecting. Then if someone wants to buy the NFT, they would also have the original antique photo with the export license. Honestly, I don't see a scam... And I also believe it's the first project of its kind. In the Italian Ministry of Culture, when I presented the project to the officials in order to obtain the export licenses, they were surprised and intrigued. Perhaps all of this will lead to nothing, but at least I tried... I wouldn't mind being the first antique dealer in the metaverse (sure, as an experiment, this is pioneering, even a bit rough, okay, but I'm here to listen to criticism and advice)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Image Width1125
Image Height1440
>>
File: IMG_31C8D995EBE8-1.jpg (812 KB, 984x908)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
bump? maybe not (anyway: portrait by Studio Harcourt, Paris. Every era has its more or less famous photographers)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width984
Image Height908
>>
>>4292761
>>4292938
>blockchain
There are multiple blockchains and should the one you picked disappear so will the photos. Besides, who guarantees you didn't slip some fakes into the mix? I suppose you haven't but I'm just explaining the conceptual flaw I'm finding. Digitalization of antiques is sometimes the only way to preserve them and make them available at the same time, archives all over the world do that (often ran by museums and libraries but not exclusively). But the cloud is just someone else's computer and we don't know if some day someone will find a way to trim old stuff from the blockchain for example.
>>
Ok. Thank you. So, regarding fakes, they couldn't exist because I always have all the photos screened by state experts first. I only didn't do it for one photo because I took it in France, where there's no need for an export license under a certain threshold value... But it was a single experiment, not to be repeated.

Regarding the blockchain and cloud discourse, you're right, there are variables to consider, and currently, we don't have certainty that they will continue to exist. However, we have technological plans related to AI that anticipate their evolution. That's why I've chosen a blockchain close to Ethereum (Polygon, one of its layer 2 solutions): I believe that if there's going to be a next evolution/revolution, the blockchains involved first will be BTC and ETH because they are considered the pioneers and handle the highest volume of information-transactions.

I wouldn't even entertain the idea of a potential massive or total destruction of digital data, cloud, etc., for obvious reasons: in that case, it would be an apocalyptic event...
>>
>>4296095
>Regarding fakes, they couldn't exist, because the government said they are real
>Who cares if this super fragile, non-futureproof medium that stores things as cryptic codes isn't robust
Blockchains. Are. Inherently. A. Scam.

Only physical things have value. You are buying into hype related to a speculation bubble. I understand it is more difficult to collect and preserve real things, but oh well, you're a kid, that's why we have rich adults running shit like the library of congress.
>omg guys cryptographically signed state authenticity certificate!
It's not necessarily real. At least you can date physical things. Digital things are arbitrary, it's an honor system. All digital systems are exploitable. There is no such thing as secure and authentic digital communication. Sorry.
>>
Jandolo Ltd comprises expert antique dealers adept at distinguishing between fakes and originals. While the government adds an extra layer of oversight for materials leaving Italy, there's no censorship, even regarding fascism.

Blockchain is fundamentally built on immutability, serving its core purpose. It emerged to bring a sense of seriousness and authority to the web, serving as a natural evolution to fortify the internet's structure for future advancements. The only potential scam within such an immutable environment as blockchain might exploit temporal speed, such as rapid financial gains through online trading.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer a kid. I have a PhD in ancient topography and a collection of thousands of ancient photographs. I am well aware of the issues related to preservation, with some non-specialized knowledge in conservation restoration and archival matters. It is precisely for this reason that I believe it may not be sufficient to preserve images of the real world from the past solely by keeping them on their original paper support. In theory, it's too risky.

Tell me, have you ever looked at the face, the expression, of one of your great-grandparents? There are archives of photos from archaeological excavations, but are there archives of everyday life photos, not artistically rendered? Archives of ordinary people, in short, of real life?

In fact, this is an experiment, albeit quite tedious. My only enjoyment in this? That I personally choose what to input into the blockchain and what not to: this, perhaps, is the only filter that could make the real unreal because - due to subjective inclination - it would tend to sugarcoat it. Do you know where I really messed up? Releasing a project like this after the burst of a global economic bubble ahahahah. Don't apologize, there's no need.
>>
>>4296156
I have no further thoughts on your project other than "I like it." I hope it works out in the long run, but only time will tell.
>>
>>4292761
thats a new one, a ad disgused as a scizo post. Fuck off with your NFT aids. NFTs are not real.
>>
(Aside from the fact that the project also includes the original antique printed photo...). But, would you - "Anonymous" - be real?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.