[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 500px2.jpg (80 KB, 876x880)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Just realized that people who don't have an account on 500px get to see this annoying thing which can't even be closed.

Been using 500px for my portfolio since 2012 and need an alternative. What do you guys use?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerAbdullah Mahmud
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
flickr for showing to real people
instagram for showing to fake people
>>
>>4293383
I only have a private Insta profile so my new photography profile would have 0 followers
>>
"Continue using an email" is the usual shit, just because they have botnetted options with more convenience, doesn't mean they're bad
>>
>>4293388
they're not but I shoot concerts and message several bands/singers per week who probably don't have the nerve to register on 500px just to see my shitty photos
>>
>>4293380
>500px
use flickr, it's superior in every way imaginable
>>
>>4294253
>flickr
>superior
>in every way imaginable
>>
>>4293380
flickr
>>
>>4294284
>upload photos
>people can see them
>you can see other people's photos
>tags and groups
what more could you possibly want? it was nearly perfect 10 years ago, still nearly perfect today
>>
> Behance
The only not shitty alt. besides from flickr

> flickr
already in the thread, just works.

> youpic
only one upload per day...

> Imgur
Got banned years ago, I still want TID

> DeviantArt
the users on that site are insufferable

> personal website, WIX, wordpress, square space etc.
If you are legitimately a pro, ignore this suggestion if you are still browsing this site.
>>
>>4298802

Redpill me on behance

I have a 500px and im not using it anymore if that shit is what its doing now
>>
Behance is solid. Geared more towards projects / collections / groups of images more so than individual, or being a online storage dump, or database of images to filter by camera.
Along the lines of personal website, Adobe Portfolio is included with the PS/LR plans (also Behance Pro), been super convenient for me for a secondary niche site.
>>
>>4298802
>imgur
>got banned
??
>>
>>4298834
For "spamming" the feed, you had to post in order to show up on the profile. Retards designed that site.

>>4298805
You can have multiple projects, so if you do something niche, it's really nice to put it together. Or you for this board: Different photo types or year.
>>
>>4298391
Would also add:
>photos are viewable in original resolution
>nudity allowed
>>
buy a domain and host it yourself
>>
>>4293388
>"Continue using an email" is the usual shit
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA HAHAHA
HAHAHA
no
>just because they have botnetted options with more convenience, doesn't mean they're bad
there's nothing more convenient about being forced to create/sign in to an account to view a photo
go drink Mexican tap water
you won't be projecting any more shit than usual, just keeping your current pace
>>
start a website for your portfolio under the domain abdullahmahmud.xyz

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.