[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How would this soft frontal light on the model be achieved in a photo taken in the middle of a sunny day? My first thought would be a huge white bounce board but that would be pretty cumbersome to carry around. Is the photographer doing something with a flash? It looks light the light source is coming from the photographer or maybe just to their right.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1365
Image Height2048
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
A girl like that will never love me
>>
>>4295542
ad600
>>
>>4295542
flash with around 100w and a 40”+ softbox
>BUT I NEED 9001W
You paid for ISO 50 and f/32 so you’re gonna use it? The ambient exposure is clearly good too
>>
>>4295542
look at the catchlights in their eyes. you can see they used a strobe. godox ad200 are cheap for what they are
>>
>>4295563
>>4295554
>>4295549
Okay a flash makes sense thanks, any recommendations for a softbox and any other gear?

Also this is just a general question, is there a niche somewhere for bounce boards where they’re more useful than flashes?
>>
MIKU SEXO PANTSU
>>
>>4295542
Softbox, flash, I use 150cm and an ad300 pro. In very bright conditions like that I resch for ND filters to stay out of HSS as youll end up with more power overall
>>
>>4295542
Aim the flash upwards and put a white card in front of you. The light will bounce on the subject.
>>
>>4295542
maybe no flash, just ramping up the slider a bit in post?
>>
>>4295542
Cosplayer photography....the lowest form of photography... right there under taking snapshits of homeless people or food.
>>
>>4295576
Photek softlighter
>>
>>4295547
Be glad
>>
>>4295653
Ah yes because thats what everyone loves. Clean sterile sharp digital background, soft desaturated subject covered in digital noise.
>>
>>4295637
Bounce off of what, it's outside?
>>
>>4295671
Still the most accessible way for the average socially stunted autist on this board to get experience shooting actual people.
>>
>>4295547
>girl
>>
>>4297044
Every man alive today is afraid of fake rape charges, child support checks, alimony and the ungodly rage of knowing the bitch could have and would have gotten an abortion if he weren't wealthier than her.

If you want those fears to have a 100% chance of coming to life, just skip past all the normal person stuff like wedding photography, do cosplayer portraits, and start dating some skinnyfat gamer thot. Because all of those horror stories originate from only two kinds of women: obvious gold diggers, and "nerds".

If you actually want to interact with random people and go to parties be a wedding photographer. Don't worry, most of the guests don't care about the wedding either!
>>
>>4298108
miku cosplayers make my dick hard, weddings dresses not so much
>>
Protip, you can use a wall as a blounce "card"
>>
>>4298107
Are you saying that is a man? THAT IS EVEN BETTER
>>
>>4298119
>likes Miku cosplay
>doesn't care at all for (((wedding dress)))
That's because you are a mentally healthy heterosexual male.
The only people I've known to give a shit about wedding dresses are homosexuals and women. There are zero heterosexual (or even bisexual) men who care about wedding dresses.
>>
>>4295542
i like how people on thos board will do, try and say anything before they just practice
>>
>>4298108
I only ever hear terrible stories about wedding photography.
>>
>>4299202
You are mostly correct but I really wish that i could have sex with a girl (male) in a cute miku cosplay
>>
>>4299202
>not having a wedding dress fetish
Homo

>>4299295
You hear terrible stories about wedding photography because it is actually work, not street photography with a paycheck. But most people go into it expecting street photography with a paycheck. Wedding photographers are held to decent standards and need interpersonal skills and basic awareness of social and cultural standards (for what people want photographed). They're taking photos for other people of multiple separate events that can't be reshot. When you only have ~15 minutes to photograph all the group portraits, you cant forget any combination of people, you need to be familiar with the family tree and ideally plan it ahead of time with the couple. Some people don't even do that the first or the second time and then they quit after getting into fights with their clients.

You also really benefit from gear that you would hate to own and use otherwise (high-FPS hybrids, trinity zooms, and superfast primes) and couples pixel peep and order 16x20s+ now so its gotta be good, and you NEED a decent amount of printing know-how and layout skills for making nice collages and photobooks. But it doesn't just have to be nice, the bride has to think its nice. That brings people with anything within a mile of fine art taste very far outside of their comfort zone.

I did one wedding and wont do another unless i need the money. You're paid well because it's a lot of social, customer service work (a fucking ton of social shit) with often insufferable people and your reputation is on the line with each one. A 4chan user's nightmare job.
>>
>>4299308
I already work a costumer facing role and its fucking nightmare, I don't understand how people would want to ruin their hobby that way
>>
>>4299310
Yes it sucks
>traditional boomer knowledge: you dont need 50mp to print a 16x20, viewing distances and circles of confusion...
>average bride in 2024: *steps closer, closer, closer* this print looks like fucking shit? do you expect me to hang this in my house?
>traditional millennial knowledge: you don't need 50mp or even full frame because... AI!
>average bride in 2024: *steps closer, closer, closer* why does my hair look photoshopped did you think my hair was bad undo this right now this was my special day and my hair was perfect wait MY EYEBROWS WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DOOOOOOO
>>
>>4299312
Spoilers:
the print the bride complains about is the same print from an R5 each time and nothing is actually wrong with it
>>
>>4299308
>>not having a wedding dress fetish
>Homo
There's nothing attractive at all about the typical wedding dress to a heterosexual man.
If there were, women would wear similar outfits outside of weddings. They don't, so can you guess why?

#1 they're expensive as hell
#2 nobody actually thinks they look good, just gaudy
#3 they aren't convenient for anything (not even sex), and need to be properly cared for which is inconvenient
Almost every other outfit is objectively sexier. Even jeans and a t-shirt. You can't even see legs in the typical wedding dress, it is a joke. Any "sexy" wedding dress is clearly deviating from the norm and isn't considered typical. The average wedding dress is gaudy bullshit with no sex appeal and only entertains dumb women or homosexual men obsessed with some shitty pattern or fabric.

The hottest part about a wedding dress is TAKING IT OFF THE BRIDE when it's over.
That's all the straight men are thinking of. There is zero attraction to the dress or aesthetic of it in and of itself, they're ugly, honestly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.