[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why is it that when I'm spotted with my camera trying to take a picture of something people immediately come up and also take a picture in the same direction using their smartphones? They don't even know why or what I am looking at.

Is this mental Illness of not wanting to be left out?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
>>4295609
People see your big "professional" camera and immediately assume there is something really great to take a photo of. To combat this I will purposefully go to places with obvious photos like waterfalls or whatever do a 180 and start taking photos of nothing. It confuses and panics the phone normie
>>
>>4295609
They go home to their husbands, wives, or support animals and say, "I saw some jerk taking a picture of this shit today"
>>
>>4295609
Never had this happen to me, are you taking pictures of tourist attractions?
>>
>>4295668
No, am always in the belief I'm alone in a spot, once someone is close to me they either ask what I'm taking pictures of or they look in the same direction and start taking pictures with their smartphone. I,m Walking around I'm with a 70-200 mm
>>
>>4295609
>>4295676
Mentally illness anon, those people were never there.
>>4295667
Kek
>>
>>4295676
This is why fujislugs hate larger cameras. Social interaction. “are you an artist? can i see your photos? they must be amazing. this is a beautiful view. you said you edit everything? whats your insta?”

Bring a 4x5 next time and if you’re at least a 6/10 you’ll pick up bitches even if you smell like dog hair (actually they might like that)
>>
>>4295723
>fujislugs
I know we no longer have ID counts but you should to be a bit subtler when samefagging, cANON
>>
>>4295730
I'm not the only guy who says "fujislugs", fujislug.
>>
>>4295676
What sorta things do you take pictures of? Show us some of your work, I'm curious.
>>
>>4295730
I’m not cANON, fujislug.
>>
>>4295730
was wondering why i cant find the posters in thread count. thought i was going crazy. when did they change it?
>>
>>4295908
On 3/11
>>
um,, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!
>>
>>4295609
I hate even being seen taking a photograph, which is why I end up waiting until the coast is clear.
Though this also means that my photos are typically empty.
One moment that makes me fucking seethe is two years ago when I saw a gorgeous red sunset in my shitty metropolis (while I was leaving another failed job interview in a part of the city I have no other business in), but two women were taking fucking forever to take a photo of it, then they noticed me. I tried to wait around for a moment, but after being spotted, I walked off and gave up the opportunity of a great photo. Obviously, this incident has stayed with me.
So I guess I was inadvertently copy-catting them, but I was really pissed off that their being there and taking too much time meant I could not take mine.
>>
>>4297843
steel yourself by doing shitty waist level street photography for a couple months, or anything similar and you'll likely learn to overcome that "hate being seen" mindstate.
>>
The gangstalked photographer.
>>
>>4295612
devlilish, i wish i wasn't too autistic to do this
>>
>>4297843
>>4298596
Most americans are too neutered to do anything about you taking a photo
I was at the cherry blossom festival and there's a sick cherry blossom called "stumpy" that's about to be removed so they can repair the tidal basin seawall.
some dude who was literally wearing the loudest possible cycling shirt and bib shorts shows up and climbs over Stumpy's protective fence and walks about two feet from the tree
At first, I wanted to fight him, because he was standing in front of every single person's shot, and continued to do this for about five minutes, taking snapshits with his phone about a foot from the tree. I loudly said "loogat this fuckin' asshole"
then something completely changed in my head and I was like
>no. this is a gigachad move. this tree will be in a trashcan in three weeks anyway. I'm watching one of society's most hated categories of asshole completely ruin a bunch of peoples' gay iphone photos that they'll post to instagram, because he had the balls to ignore a gay orange construction fence and seize what he wanted.
so I shot four exposures on CS 400D of him molesting this tree while normies behind him seethe. I'm sure all of them will suck and be worthless because I suck as a photographer, but in that moment it just felt so fucking good to accept that any picture that I could take of that gay, sick tree would most likely be totally dwarfed by a perfect photo of this boomer gigachad carpe-ing the diem and pissing off hundreds of tourists.

Just go out with your camera on C(H) and rip off as many photos of strangers as you can. You won't care about what people think, but some people will love it, and you become so much better at detecting what differentiates a snapshit from kino
>>
Why you this offended? If you trust in yourself and editing, your shot should still be different than others.
Getting your panties in a knot for no damn reason.
>>
>>4295612
Based and devilish-pilled. I’ll do this the next time I’m out. I’ll report back of the shenanigans.
>>
>>4295676
most of these "people" barely deserve to be called human. The right thing to do would be to incinerate them but since we live in a society all I can tell you is to ignore them like you would insects
>>
>>4295609
They don't know it's rude.
>>
>>4295609
its like all those chumps staring at things through their phone instead of enjoying life
>>
>>4295609
Probably because youre a gwc photographing tourist attractions
>>
>>4299037
awesome
post one of those pics please
>>
Test
>>
>>4308109
we can read you loud and clear anon, over

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.