[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this the greatest photographic achievement in human history?
I can't possibly imagine what it must have felt like to stand on an alien surface and look out onto Earth. A planet that not a single living being had left in billions of years and now you're staring right at it through a camera lens.
Do you think we'll have astronauts that will take any better images the next time we go to the moon? What camera will they use?
>>
File: AS08-13-2329.jpg (626 KB, 2457x2411)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
That's not to discount the first ever photo taken by a human of Earth from the Moon though.
It's equally as incredible, just not as well known or iconic.
>>
meh
>>
One time I took a photo of a traffic light that was pretty cool
I did long exposure so I captured it going from red to orange to green
>>
>>4297267
Somebody call the Gagosian
>>
File: 1711025394853740.jpg (44 KB, 640x640)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>4296950
Photo was taken in orbit, I like it better this way

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution577 dpi
Vertical Resolution577 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height640
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: moon is a sphere 1.jpg (99 KB, 1300x867)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>4297952
- HAM operators can directly measure moon distance with RF bounce.
- picrel
- There are dozens of proofs the Earth is a sphere, just take a star trail photo ffs and notice TWO celestial poles.
- Watching con artists on YouTube and questioning easily proven facts does not make you a critical thinker, it makes you a retard.

>>4297958
Based. I love the photos sent back by deep space probes.
>>
>>4297267
BRISBANE MENTIONED
>>
File: PIA20291_modest.jpg (19 KB, 570x570)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Reposting pic related because it got nuked with the rest. One of the greatest photographic achievement ever. I'd call it the most planned and well executed shot ever.
>>
I made one post with the word "Subtlety" before I went to bed, now a shitload of the thread is nuked. Caps?
>>
Wouldn’t the Voyager 1 be the bigger achievement in photography?
>>
>>4298611
Well there's an argument there. The Pale Blue Dot and the Family Photo are amazing, with great emotional weight, but they require more background knowledge to be correctly interpreted; Saturn flyby also produced amazing pictures. To me however that shot of Pluto trumps everything: the orbit of Pluto doesn't lie on the ecliptic and it's highly elliptic (compared to the planets'), meaning it was a once in a two centuries window, plus the high resolution of that picture is amazing.
>>
>>4298628
sending a probe to mercury requires more propellant/gravity catapults than sending one to Pluto. it's also very difficult to observe mercury from earth. and to boot NASA managed to to it all on a low cost mission.
>>
>>4298092
https://archived.moe/p/thread/4296950/#4297952
cANON got banned and everyone who replied to him had their posts deleted. I would also bet on anyone who replied to him angrily enough or attempted to join in trolling got shorter bans. Notice you haven't seen cANON in a while. A long while. He's been banned so many times for posting literally 0 photos that it's probably permanent. You may never see cANON again, and if you do, get on IRC and tell the mods in case he's evading (ESPECIALLY if he has a new trip)

This also happened to the pet hating schizo's most recent meltdown in /fgt/. Everyone replying to him also got nuked, taking ~50 posts off the thread and I would bet on several shorter bans being handed out for the people getting mad at him.
>>
>>4298837
>You may never see cANON again
Thank God
>This also happened to the pet hating schizo's most recent meltdown in /fgt/
So I leave this shithole of a board for some two weeks because of work and then two of the best things possible happen when I'm out
Cool
>>
>>4298837
>This also happened to the pet hating schizo's most recent meltdown in /fgt/
I am not a schizophrenic.
>>
File: PIA11351~orig.jpg (97 KB, 986x992)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>4298830
Sure, but the sheer distance and the very rare window of opportunity makes me appreciate New Horizon more than MESSENGER, which to be fair also gave us amazing pictures, pic related.
>>
File: rosetta.png (323 KB, 630x630)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>4298941
I'd like to put up the final stills from the EU's Rosetta of the comet "67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko".
There's also those 4 pictures of the surface of Venus way back many decades by the Soviets.
>>
File: comet.gif (2.91 MB, 490x490)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB GIF
>>4298952
>>
>>4298837
Thank fuck.
>>
>>4298952
>Rosetta
That one too had a ridiculous amount of slingshot maneuvers, an astonishing feat in planning and engineering. From a photo perspective the closeups were cool, but the comet itself wasn't very photogenic.
>>
>>4296950
You watch fall of civilizations
>>
>>4299328
>>4299329
we are so back
>>
>>4299334
it's so over
>>
I hope his next ban is permanent and comes with a temporary rangeban
>>
>>4296950
>What camera will they use?
Aboard the ISS and for the future Artemis moon missions, NASA will be using the Nikon Z9
>>
>>4299486
Along with the irrational anger it provokes. Really activates those almonds.
>>
>>4299329
Based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.