[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1682448212323218.jpg (607 KB, 2000x1500)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
My gf (female) was asking me about cameras and all the kpop videos and cute pics, I noticed they are just black mist. When will this trend die?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2000
Image Height1500
>>
>>4298999
Idk i dont have the ability to predict the future
Could prolly make a lot of money if i did
>>
female or female (formerly male)?
>>
>>4298999
It will continue to exist as long as people use digital cameras because no one prefers the look of digital to film and BPM helps remove some of the digital harshness. You should always be using it to make your photots look better.
>>
>>4299022
I have some vintage lenses that don't require a pro-mist filter (no it's not fungus), but I also have a couple of modern zooms that I'll occasionally bust out the filter for. I won't go beyond 1/4, but even that's borderline sometimes.
>>
>>4299022
Lol diffusion filters have been a thing forever, this isn't solely digital.
>>
>>4299022
No one tell this zoomer that cinestill is not “the film look” i think its funny when they stay dumb
>>
>>4298999
All it did for that picture was make the light HUGE. lol.
>>
No filter looks way better
>>
>>4299116
And added a big greasy lens flare to the right of the person's feet. My Chinesium 17mm does that for free!
>>
>>4299086
He didn’t say anything about cinestill
>>
>>4299022
Digital harshness is not a thing. you just like soft images. your opinion is retarded
>>
>>4298999
I really like it, and bought some expensive Tiffen ones for my primes. Now I like to snap some pics in backlight.
>>
>>4299086
>akshally filmic is
>>
>>4298999
im sorry but the right image looks better and more alive
it is what it is...
>>
>>4299020
female (currently male)
>>
>>4298999
she will never be a woman, but will always be autism.
>>
>>4299566
post hand
>>
>>4298999
>When will this trend die?
Basically never, same as bokeh, bitches love balls and glow
>>
>>4299203
cinestill look is when halation
>>
am i stupid or is it borderline indistinguishable when using a black mist filter? i shoot film and i havent developed any shots using it yet, but in the viewfinder shots look barely different with vs without. is it just in the viewfinder that it looks no different or is this a skill issue?
>>
>>4305867
The point is you don't really notice it except in situations with point light sources or strong backlighting. It's meant to be borderline indistinguishable. Just a little light funky sauce ladled on top of your photo.
>>
>>4305869
yeah but when i test it out by pointing the cam at a street light or something i can only barely see a bigger cloud of light from it
>>
>>4305871
Correct. What do you want it to do? There are heavier diffusion filters out there. And heavier strengths of BPM. Get a star filter or faux anamorphic flare filter if you really want to see some shit.
>>
>>4298999
checked
Using BPM to bloom lights like OP's picrel is a crime.
I shoot jpeg sooc and BPM gives a nice touch when used properly: 1/8 with 85mm or more and 1/4 with 50mm or less.
>inb4 jpg retard
I shoot jpeg+raw for archiving purposes, but I dont bother to process my raws atm

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.