[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Nikon Vintage Bag.jpg (3.01 MB, 4006x2752)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB JPG
What is a good one? I've had this case for damn near 20 years and I don't see a reason to upgrade. It's vintage, and chicks dig it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Z 7_2
Camera SoftwareVer.01.61
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern34016
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4006
Image Height2752
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2024:03:31 22:35:26
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating8000
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length75.00 mm
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
I like Domke bags a lot, I have three of varying sizes for different kits.

I use a Pelican 1615 case as well.
>>
I used one of these for a while. Not amazingly big but it will fit a camera and a few primes or a small zoom.
>>
File: uglybag.jpg (249 KB, 1396x1500)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
I just use whatever that came bundled with gear that come in my possession.
>>
>>4300082
Hey, we have the same bag. Do the sides of the top flap on yours always flip themselves up when you're trying to zip it shut too?
>>
>>4300090
Oh yes.
>>
>>4300064
Seconding that these are all great. Also the ThinkTank International is a good roller bag that converts to a backpack, maximum size for int'l carry on on most airlines. Used one for 10 years until the zippers gave out.
>>
I use
WANDRD Hexad Access - carry-on for travel or video only work, easy to hot swap camera cubes
HoldFast Lens Quiver - sometimes used as sling, but mostly to hold shit for weddings on their MoneyMaker
ThinkTank Retrospective - great little shoulder bag, don't use as often anymore, would prefer a Domke, but was cheap
Kavu Mini Rope Sling - small daily carry for 1-2 bodies + 1-2 lenses
and have like tice as many more I no longer use
>>
>>4300143
Great, it's not just me then. Never figured out what the 7 foot long extra belt stuck in the back panel is for either.
>>
>>4300070
Lmfao, I spent all my mother’s AirMiles (she did not accumulate a lot) to buy this. Used it outside maybe once. It’s just collecting dust as a lens storage bag now. T-Thanks mom
>>
I will add that every PortaBrace bag I’ve ever seen has been beat to absolute shit, looked like it’s been dragged through hell and back, but basically is completely fine nonetheless. They’re popular among video / broadcast tv people, who really destroy equipment. Plus made in Vermont is cool. I want to get a big PortaBrace bag for my built out mirrorless video shoulder rig.
>>
what's the correct way to orient a camera and lens in a bag, anyway? i know not everyone always takes the lens off (or has reason to if they're using a pancake/shorty lens). lens down? lens up? lens down but with extra padding to support the camera weight? i know people say the mount is designed to hold the weight of either, but i'm just not really comfortable putting the weight of both on the front of a lens, especially if it's telescoping
>>
The correct way is whichever way doesn’t break the camera and lens.
>>
File: 718Ht6VpN+L._AC_UY1000_.jpg (132 KB, 940x1000)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
Anyone here ever owned this pouch? I need to know if this thing will fit a Fujfilm x-e with the 27mm pancake.

From the picture, it looks like it's a tight fit for the X100 series without the lens cap.
>>
>>4300446
Haven't owned this one but can tell you from experience x100 cases are a tight fit for xe cameras. Don't forget the x100 lens extends quite a deep internally into the camera.
>>
>>4300441
well that isn't very helpful anon
>>
>>4300411
Porta Brace absolutely does not miss but it’s for working photographers not /p/
>>
File: dscf1869.jpg (734 KB, 2048x1365)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>4300049
>It's vintage, and chicks dig it

Pic rel if you can afford that. Got mine for cheap and I like it a lot, so much so that I take out the insert to use it as a work bag.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.14 (Windows)
PhotographerPhilippe Castagna
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2018:04:23 17:04:09
Exposure Time1/750 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness7.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length23.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4300049
I use a Tenba bag from 1984
>>
>>4301094
Those are pretty cool. Lots of color options.
>>
File: Blog_Banner_13.png (533 KB, 1200x800)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>4300049
The model you choose depends on how big your camera is.
>>
>>4300049
I actually use this, bc it’s jazzy AF, reminds me of my favorite camera (Nikonos V, RIP). PLUS all the hot sluts see me coming with it, and come 3x before I even pass by. The girlies on standby waving just to say hi.
DID YA STOP?
No i just drove by, persuin to the next stop, i bust a left im heading to the next block, the block was dead yo, so i continued to A1A BEACHFRONT AVENUE girls were hot wearing less than bikinis, rock men lovers driving lamborghinis
>>
File: DSCF4487.jpg (181 KB, 870x580)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>4300049
Tried to find for a while something small but useful, have seen pic rel forced by bunch of youtubers. It is no as good as advertised but I like it, can fit everything I need including 2 cameras, couple of small lenses, reflectors and tripod. (Or one 4x5'' camera)

Won't recommend it anyway. I just checked their prices and this bag doesn't cost 170 bucks for sure.

pic rel from the internet
>>
I use a Tenba Fulton 14L most of the time, good for bike commuting, and I can get my laptop and K3iii with 150-450 attached in there with the battery grip on, and two spare lenses easily. Also can do a 6x7 with two lenses, and the K3iii without a grip and two lenses. Love it.

>>
>>4302649
My bad, I meant the 16L, but regardless, hella good bag
>>
>>4301094
I went window shopping after your post and clicked “pay with PayPal” but then didn’t click the finalize order after that because I changed my mind. And then their shitty site charged me anyway for the color I didn’t want.

Guess I have a new Billingham Hadley Pro Small on the way.
>>
Bought one of these for my Ricoh GR.

The official leather case is more expensive but gives me less function. At least this thing can hold batteries, cards and other shit.

Pretty good so far.
>>
>>4302658
Sorry to hear, but you can still contact Billingham to cancel it. Out of curiosity what color did you get?
>>
>>4302661
looks nicer than the lacoste bag I use, though it probably cost the same
>>
medium alice pack
>>
Any sling users?
How's the PhotoCross?
Any better recommendations?

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1445
Image Height1445
>>
>>4302688
Yeah, I did that almost immediately and they helped me out. Genuinely don’t know how it happened because I’m not a boomer and didn’t do the finalize order button. But anyway.

It’s beautiful. Despite the chances of outing myself to some bag company employee, I got the green with black leather. It reminded me of the Vietnam War and tiger stripe camo aesthetics.

Glad I caught this thread. $500 with that overnight was pretty expensive but my new Zf arrived today with a Leica COOP strap from Austria and the OEM Japan exclusive grip from Japan. Going to a nice park tomorrow to take pics so today’s been a convergence of cool stuff so I’m happy.

The bag itself seems to be of superior quality. Can’t say much other than that. It smells nice. I’ll see how it holds up.
>>
>>4303196
Big accountant vibes
>>
I bought this bag like 5 years ago, still works
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002676794979.html
>>
I get so fucking anxious with how a camera is oriented in a bag and especially if it's sitting on the lens instead of 'free floating,' how do I remind myself that people bring these things into wars and the Arctic and the Sahara and I'm being fucking stupid?
>>
>>4300049
Lowepro ProTactic. I have an older one but it's the smaller backpack. Fits everything I need and has external tripod storage if you have a compact tripod.
>>
>>4302661
That’s a purse. Only homos and Asian “men” wear those.
>>
>>4300049
I use Swiss Army surplus gas mask bag. The gas mask might be useful.
>>
I have a Canon bag from my T1i days. Zero complaints, but these days, I have 2 cameras and 4 lenses... one of which is a 100-400 tele. I would love a good, sturdy bag that fits 2 bodies and the lenses. Ideally, something that would fit the 100-400 mounted on a body.
>>
File: 1713123796752.jpg (2.03 MB, 1560x2601)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>4303112
I've got a lowepro slingshot, it's got some weird quirks but it carries my tripod, camera, flash, cleaning kit, plenty of film and batteries plus all my lenses, including the 300mm telephoto, so I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe if I started carrying multiple cameras I would want something bigger, but for my current set-up it's low profile and does the job.
>>
I go hiking in remote areas so I carry supplies to stay the night, extra water and food, gps transciever extra battery etc along with my camera gear. Camera bags look nice but the fact that after I fill them up I can't even fit a water bottle or something in them makes me uninterested. Maybe someday I'll find a nice in between.
>>
>>4304311
Lowepro have a whole line of bags with camera inserts in them that you can take out, work as hiking bags with either full or partial capacity.
>>
File: BCF_341401_hi-res.jpg (129 KB, 1000x1000)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
there is no reason to buy a camera bag over a normal bag. use a normal bag
>noo i need shitty velcro dividers
the dividers in normal bags are better anyway

i use this 18L bag and it works fine
>>
>>4304470
i have used 2 lowepro bags btw
both sit under my bed unused
>>
>>4304470
>>4304471
Idk, I like my camera bag. It’s definitely useful and better than throwing my camera in a normal bag.

I bring a camera bag because it is just for my camera. If I bring a normal bag it’s because I expect to carry more than my camera. And generally I don’t like carrying stuff.
>>
>>4304477
>It’s definitely useful and better
list 5 reasons why its better than a normal bag that fits your camera
>>
>>4304478
It has a specific purpose and is suited to it well. Nothing is wasted, nothing unnecessary comes with it. It is ergonomically fit to my camera in a way no normal bag could be.
>>
File: 2024-04-15_003.jpg (177 KB, 1920x825)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Bought this on Friday. Spent the weekend with it and love it already. The Moment Fanny Sling 2L. With only the OM-4Ti and any of the short lenses mounted it's really subtle.
Can also fit the OM-4Ti and up to the 135mm lens with a room to spare for another small lens and some accessories.
Very nice photo EDC bag.
>>
>>4304306
Virtually the same as mine. Carry my Minolta x700 with 3 lenses and a flash,. My 50mm also has a collapsible rubber lense hood
>>
>>4304478
NTA but

side access without digging through shit
top access with lens
keeps shit separate and supported and quiet for sneaking purposes
usually one or two lens compartments I can leave empty to put things like snacks in
it has a tripod holder

>>4304471
>two used bags
>sit unused

well which is it anon
>>
>>4304497
Based Minoltabro
>>
>>4304306
>>4304497
would you buy it again anons?
I really like slings but there is only so few to choose between...
>>
>>4304515
Yeah, I would.
>>
Why do so many bags skip the 59 cent difference of rubber feet on the bottom so it doesn't get drenched from a wet table, or a single little extra piece of material in the front pocket so batteries or whatever don't jingle around?
>>
>>4304572
Rubber feet need a rigid base to keep the center of the bottom from touching the floor, increasing both weight and cost. But yea I agree on the extra inner pockets, there's either way too much (thinktank) or null (billingham). Just get a tech organizer.
>>
>>4300049
Aren't these for prolonged travel? I just bring one lens (tiny prime if the camera is priority 2, zoom if i'm there for photos) and maybe a battery in my pocket for digital or a second prime and a spare roll if it's film.

if i was traveling with a full kit i'd rather have a hardshell case with internal padding and more fixed in place organization. it could double as a work area to fiddle with all that gear.
>>
Do you guys prefer messenger bag or backpack?
>>
>>4304623
Almost exactly what I do. I carry an extra lens and a spare battery in this little bag I got at Target
>>
>>4304515
I'm still using my old Kata sling and it works a treat for just one body and a couple of lenses. Biggest downside is the lack of a dedicated water bottle pouch, but I just carabiner one on. Top compartment has plenty of space for all your accessories and it also has a rain cover.
>>
anyone have any idea what bag this is?
saw it in this youtube video:
https://youtu.be/O5oAxxzTG34?t=293
checked the links in the description but it's not any of the bags/brands listed on his site
>>
>>4304929
Messenger — you can open it and access gear while wearing it securely. Backpacks you generally have to take off to access. I’d rather have a backpack on a hike though. Depends on your use case.
>>
>>4307215
nvm found it
https://onabags.com/collections/messenger-bags/products/the-rockaway
>>
>>4307379
What colour would you get?
>>
File: Trooper_S_10.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1080)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
I've had this trooper bag from Wotancraft for 5 years.
I go to some sketchy places so it's nice to have something that doesn't scream camera bag but I can still pull my camera out of pretty quickly. The only thing I wish it had was tripod straps.
But looking at their current catalog though the prices have really jumped up and they look to be aiming it being a fashion brand. Shame.

Before I just put soft inserts into normal bags, which is about as stealth that you can get.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)70 mm
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:11:14 22:30:22
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness-0.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length70.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4307428
the canvas one is the only one that looks decent imho
>>
>>4307895
Yup, agreed
Maybe I'll get one too
>>
>>4307963
based
>>
I just like it bros
>>
Also known as the fanny moisturizer
>>
>>4304929
I used a messenger bag in college, it messed up my shoulder and posture
>>
>>4304621
>Rubber feet need a rigid base to keep the center of the bottom from touching the floor,
Can't this be solved by the bag just using tougher, but still flexible, material, or using longer rubber strips instead of individual feet? My 15 year old Canon bag has that, big chunky rubber 'runners' on the bottom, and it's really darn nice for setting down the bag on a wet or shitty area (think the floor of a car in winter time) without the bottom getting soaked through even without proper waterproofing.
>>
is it wise to buy a small bag to put inside of a backpack that can fit it? i dont wanna walk around a city with a bag that screams "really pricey camera inside"

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.