[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is the most retarded shit I have ever read.
>>
I know art critics are cringe and gay.
>>
>>4304222
Damn, I wish someone wrote about my photos like that.
I suppose it is a fair interpretation as long as you assume the artist had intention or purpose while photographing his subject.

Pictures are allowed to be enjoyed and interpreted. You're aware of that, right?
>>
>>4304222
yeah it's not art, it's "art". postmodern art is not about the content of the art, it's not about beauty, it's not about honoring creation. "art" is about how intellectual and poetic you can sound while describing random nonsense created without intent besides "its neat". it helps if you can turn it into a sideways insult - or mere shock value exhibition - to the offense of mainstream polite culture. grab a thesaurus, smoke some pot, and you too can be an art critic and tastemaker. it is that simple. all the renaissance men moved on to greed as soon as industry hit so art is inhabited by these straggling stranglers wringing all the joy and beauty out of it.

postmodernism is a cultural, not a rational and philosophical movement, an offshoot of the conflicting psychological contaminants of nihilism and democracy. it rewards a collective consciousness that resembles a schizophrenia case, purpose is its only purpose and it will descend into low grade nonsense just to keep doing something, recognizing things, seeing the patterns, and questioning them as if all things that can be questioned must be changed, furthering the death spiral of good sense that got us to where we are, and soon, were.

also see: "new york school" photography, "new topographics"
>>
>>4304222
>all those words
>the actual idea:
>"this architecture was designed by a bigger retard than the photographer"
every big word hides a small mind
>>
>>4304229
tldr
>>
>>4304235
When something is tldr it's either to hide an absent idea or an offensive one
>>
>>4304245
Zoomers do not have the attention span to read more than 2 sentences.
>>
>>4304229
I feel called out by this. I only wanted to find meaning in what people capture with their light capturing devices.
>>
File: 1682985157146110.jpg (22 KB, 600x567)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>4304229
>TFW
>>
>>4304229
Dog pictures >>>>>>>>>>>>>> building corners.
>>
>>4304222
This is part of why you should never look at photo books. They are a waste of time. Just take photos
>>
>>4304231
>every big word hides a small mind
t. vocablet
There are no big words here.
He's articulated very succinctly a disdain for the rudimentary.
These bldgs box in space and protect it from the weather and that's all. They have no cultural or locational connection, beyond their obvious outward statement that their creators didn't care about either.
He's at the same time projecting a seething enmity to the crawling soulless cattle who caused them to to be and continue; why can't they dig into the ground, so as not to blight his vision?
How can any banal life they lead be so frugal and cruel that they can't choose a prettier house to live in?
>>
>>4304333
it's word garbage (like your post!)
>>
>>4304333
They have a cultural or locational connection but here's the problem

The culture, and location, is white-american
The critic is deep into... another culture, you know which one
These people, of "another culture", have as one of their founding principles, is that everything to do with the white-american is ugly, it is banal, they are crawling cattle and they are to be despised

Imagine the same description applied to anything else and you'd see it, since you're not immersed in that brand of hate, hopefully
>>
90% certain it's all an an inside joke and the artists are trying how ridiculous their waffle can get without giving the game away
>>
>>4304335
Are da jooz in the room with us right now, anon?
>>
>>4304398
Who said anything about jews you fucking antisemite

G*d
>>
>>4304249
not reading that shit
>>
>>4304407
might hurt considering 99% of shitty amateurs (r)ape the new york school or new topographics, but it's truth. the 1% is just aping cinema.
>>
>>4304333
>He's articulated very succinctly a disdain for the rudimentary.

thanks big brian. you must have experience huffing matza farts. I do appreciate your words, but the critic is obviously some type of highfalutin cunt.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.