[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 513HVzCDz4L.jpg (55 KB, 1500x860)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
How the fuck does literally everything stay in focus with this camera?
>>
>>4315067
It doesn't. The lens is just so bad that you can't tell the difference between in focus and out of focus
>>
because its basically a pinhole with a clear filter infront of it
>>
File: 6454268895_acdaa22062_k.jpg (697 KB, 2000x1369)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
Fixed f/10, 1/100th, 30mm lens with ISO 800 film means its trying to cover as many situations as possible while maintaining a relatively sharp shot, but the lens is plastic, and kind of shit, so its always going to be a little soft and soupy.

Kodak do have a Tri-X disposable camera, which, with the flash on, makes for a fun street carry.
>>
I miss going on vacations with these and reliving the experience when the photos get developed
>>
it is likely ok-ish at distances 1,5m - infinity
>>
>>4315157
Nothing is stopping you
>>
>>4315211
He's lying, he never did that. He's imagining what that would have been like.
>>
>>4315213
>He's imagining what that would have been like.
internet poisoned zoomer
>>
>>4315213
are you 12? this is a universal experience for anyone born before 2000
>>
File: IMG_4460.jpg (191 KB, 622x464)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>4315427
People born in the year 2000 are 24, two years out of college.

Last time I naturally saw a film camera was 2009 as wedding favors. Got into film myself but for all intents and purposes film basically died in 2008 for common purposes.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width622
Image Height464
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4315213
I appreciate you posting this for the insight it gives into the zoomer mind
>>
>>4315157
my gorlfriend at the time worled in snappy snaps and we took so many photos. i only have a show box full of old prints but that was a cool time. free photo printing for life on the most expensive paper they had, kek. have a photo of me and my dog with miniclip in the background lmao
>>
>>4319821
Film cameras are everywhere if you don’t live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>4315067
The key term is “hyperfocal”. Look that up. There are apps that calculate it and manual focus lenses were intended to help achieve it.
Get an old manual focus lens that has a distance scale and focus lines.
Example 28mm lens, f/11, focus to 8ft. Everything from 4 ft to infinity will be “sorta” in focus, or at least good enough for 6 in prints.
In other situations where you are guaranteed to be a certain distance from subject just set the lens to infinity and forget about it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.