[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hi guys, I recently bought a Lumix LX5, and it is my very first camera.
Now, the LX5 has its years, therefore I fear the battery could die soon like any other device (like my PSP
). Is this issue common in the camera world?

The matter here is, have you guys tried these Chinese generic batteries? Are they good enough? Because the ones I found on eBay were quite expensive, plus the shipping.
>>
>>4322308
I have had several cameras with batteries that were no longer being produced by the first party company. I usually use Kastar batteries, but I've also heard people say good things about Wasabi Power.
>>
>>4322310
written down!!
>>
>>4322308
ravpower, wasabi
>>
>>4322308
I use jupio proline bateries in my ancient nikon D3x
>>
They are sure to be better than your over a decade old battery. I don't have any concerns with using third party for old digishitters.. for new system cameras however i would go first party.
>>
>>4322308
the only people who don't have problems with chink batteries expanding inside their camera and ruining it are those who take a few snaps in indoor tempertures and call themselves photographers

If you use those knockup batteries in any even slightly demanding conditions you run the risk of destroying your gear quite easily.

Just don't use continuous autofocus, burst, record video longer than a couple minutes, use in temps over 85* F, etc... and you should be fine.

On ancient consumer dslrs there is no worry as they don't draw much power and the chinese batteries produced for them were notoriously underpowered then and still are today.
>>
>>4322308
The batteries will probably be fine.
Worst that can happen is they die and you have to buy new ones.
>>
>>4322385
So if you arent a snapshitter battery is fine
K
>>
I just experienced that my pocket camera sometimes auto turns off when I use my frequently used third party battery which still holds power very well. I reverted back to the original battery which I rarely use and the camera hasn't auto turned off yet when I shoot.
>>
>>4322308
Chink replacements for ailing batteries which not available as original any more are good enough and certainly better than no battery. Just remove the battery from device when it's not used for a while and stop using a battery and dispose it safely if it develops issues like reduced capacity, swelling, catching fire or exploding. For new cameras there are original batteries for western market, same quality but cheaper original batteries for asian market (I myself use those) and 3rd party batteries which are even cheaper but may or may not have issues of reduced capacity, swelling &cet.
>>
>>4326810
cleaned the battery contacts, good now

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.