[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

New 'toss
>>
wtf
it's over
>>
Saladtoss has a .95 batting average, but he misses occasionally. Life goes on
>>
>>4323828
a photographer must have fucked his gf
>>
>Check out this canvas I painted

>You mean a BRUSH painted.
>>
>>4323828
I don't get it. A phone is not a machine.
>>
>>4323828
>retard makes retarded commentary
>act shocked

Why?
>>
>>4323868
Was OP really shocked?
>>
>>4323828
sus
>>
>>4323858
It's a canvas, Mario! I painted it myself!
>>
>>4323828
Not new though
>>
Is film more real and genuine than digital?
>>
>>4323828
how will clicktographers ever recover?
>>
>>4323948
In film, enough photons hitting a grain of silver halide in short enough time change its properties so it can be later developed to a speck of silver as analogue of light that hit the grain. Real physical change proportional to light.
In digital sensor photons hitting a photosensitive pixel integrate a charge which is amplified and measured. Real information about light hitting the pixel.
Take your pick.
>>
>>4323948
are you failing to grasp the point of the image? Film is even worse as you don't have nearly the capability to put your own creative vision into the image. It is simply a mechanical capture
>>
something about the fuckable mouths of his characters
>>
>>4323957
Please go on...
>>
Photography bros...
It's over.
I'm selling all my cameras today.
WE WILL NEVER BE REAL ARTISTS...
>>
>>4323828
bros can we actually create anything if we always need mediums and tools to do it? is there anything we can do ourselves? does childbirth count?
>>
File: amogus.jpg (118 KB, 1280x1071)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>4323828
that flash is looking kinda sus
>>
>>4324318
Dance and song are the only true mediums
>>
>>4323828
Murican right-wing memes have become as dumb as left-wing memes. Pathetic.
>>4324322
Your stil can clap your hands and stamp your feets to make music.
>>
>>4323828
Photography isn't art imo. It's documentation. Is a news report art?
>>
>>4324322
Dance isn’t art. It’s just a biological ritual the brain convinces itself it values bc it rewards mating rituals with dopamine bc they lead to sex & procreation. Otherwise dance is just a lot of pointless & unnecessary moving around, establishing, discovering, saying & accomplishing nothing & getting nowhere.
>>
>>4323828
/qa/ lost
>>
>>4323858
>moving a brush for hours
vs
>pressing a shutter button
yeah it's absolutely the same. you're totally an artist, anon. don't let anyone tell you anything else
>>
>>4323828
Ironic considering he makes his comics with a computer program.
>>
>>4323948
a digital photo is not real until it was printed at least once. until then it's just a configuration of electrons being passed from one satanic hell machine to another. have you ever tried touching an electron? you can't. because electrons are not real.
>>
>>4324322
I guess dance and music are how homosexuals procreate.
>>
>>4327902
Lick a 9 V battery to see how real they are
>>
>>4327902
>electrons being passed from one satanic hell machine to another
Shut you computer off and never ever touch something that runs on electricity again.
>>
>>4327930
>>4327937
>mongoloids believing in electrons
>>
>>4327902
Brooooo, so true.
>>
>>4327903
Close but it’s actually blood orgies. After we sacrifice a few pathetic white slaves and lynch the catholic leadership, we invite the Jews, the queers, the intellectuals, the writers, the artists, the architects, the designers, the lawyers and all the flaming lefty politicians and all the closeted right wingers over and the clothes come off and everybody gets in a big bi orgy using their blood as anal lube.

You dumb fuckin hicks have no idea what your daughters get up to at college.
>>
>>4324320
Very sus
>>
>>4324318
>is there anything we can do ourselves?
Fecal fingerpainting
>>
>>4327767
>unnecessary moving around
Ambulation alternates the polarity of the body, whose piezoelectric properties stimulate biological regeneration and growth.
>>
this is the only way to take photos as a real artist
>>
>>4324299
>WE WILL NEVER BE REAL ARTISTS...
you mean this in an endgy snarky way but ironically you're right. photography is not art. never will be. it's like standing at the assembly line in some factory and calling yourself an "inventor" lol
>>
>>4335285
Photography *can* be art, but that's like the creme-da-la-creme of photography. Most of us are more like archivists if anything. We're preserving moments; capturing instances in life be them repeating or singular and keeping them for later.

We're also just generic faggots with an expensive hobby, but at least we're not /k/
>>
>>4335376
>be me
>both a /k/unt into longrange/prs shooting
>fishing
>and now photography
My wallet is a battered spouse.
>never buy anything I can't afford with cash outright however
>>
>>4335437
>Never bought anything without the cash

You my sir are a certified(TM) smart individual. Plenty of dickheads leverage themselves up with debt; you doin fine.

Hows the .30-06 prices these days
>>
>>4335437
those hobbies are as cheap as they come when you're a grown man with disposable income
stop kvetching about a gun costing $900 or whatever or a camera body $2500. that's small change compared to really expensive hobbies
>>
>>4335707
>>
>>4335707
what he said

anyone into cars flying boating or horses laughs at your reasonably priced thrifty hobbies
>>
>>4335694
30-06 isn't bad right now, but 30-30? Holy fuck it's almost 2bucks a round right now where I am.
I just wanna shoot my levergat man
>>4335707
>>4335908
>comparing boats and cars to cameras or guns
You're both retarded.
>muh expensive hobbies
Do tell, what camera body and lens do you guys have, cars, and boats?
Do you even own a house?
I did have a boat, worst financial decision I made, do miss her though.
I'm financially well off to enjoy all my hobbies with wiggle room for buying a 2nd house next year, but using boats/cars as a measure of wealth is retarded. Land is significantly more important.
>>4335897
Based mauser enjoyer, my buddy reloads his 8mm.
>>
>>4335954
land isnt a hobby retardo

you can't be a land enthusiast
>>
>>4335958
Absolutely is when it comes to livestock and smallscale farming, dumbass.
Answer the question, do you own a house? A boat? What cars?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.