[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey bros.
The situation: my wife raised about 20 kilos in her post-pregnancy and I'm trying to do my best to take photos of her and hide her overweight. I'm not good in overweight people photography and can't hide her kilos good enough. She is not fat actually just 80+ kg but it makes her sad (and when my wife isn't happy I'm not happy as well)

Do you bros have any tips how to do not model photo shoot-like posing with overweight girls? I believe american anon should be good in this.
>>
you gotta suck the fat out through her milkers
>>
Use long focal length lenses with pincushion distortion

Structure the picture correctly - high angles, don't skimp on the negative space around your subject, keep it generous

Clothing - get someone to style the wife correctly

Talk to her and be open about how you're going to photograph her OP, you got this
>>
File: BBA_8415.jpg (3.11 MB, 3280x4928)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
Stretch their core by laying them down, instantly takes 30lb off of most women. I've worked with a few big girls. High angles are your friend. Do not use hard light.

This is a friend I shot recently who is going through a weight loss program and has dropped like 25lb. These kind of portrait angles work great on bigger girls, good luck and post some results here.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Df
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern822
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)85 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2024:05:18 17:46:38
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length85.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4325182
>>4325186
I didn't know about high angle, will try it.
>lenses with pincushion distortion
any examples? I have never met such lenses to be honest.
>Do not use hard light.
Yeah. I'm avoiding it, use diffuser usually and reflector if light is too hard.

>Clothing - get someone to style the wife correctly
Hardest part for sure lol

Thanks guys.
>>
>>4325162
I think you should learn to paint.
>>
I suggest looking up actual photoshoots of plus size models, will give you insight into most flattering poses / lighting / angles
That way you get advice from actual professionals not hobbyist truckers, for example.
>>
>>4325194
>I didn't know about high angle, will try it.
oh you sweet summer child
too young to remember when you could tell which girls were fat on social media because they took all their pics with the camera way up high above their heads
>>
shoot vertically in the 24mm to 35mm range, looks wonky on normal folk, but slims down bigger people
opt for shooting downward, not upward, stuff farther from the camera will look slimmer
>>
>>4325718
And also the type girls who were doing that back then are just considered you “normal” girl nowadays lol. Shit is grim.
>>
File: 1636208723303.jpg (422 KB, 2450x1050)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>4325720
This is fucking retarded advice
>>
>>4325747
how so
>>
>woman
>80+kg
>not fat
That sounds obese anon.

Get her some ozempic and a mild dose of dnp
>>
>>4325906
>ozempic
Proportionally, it makes you loose more muscle and other "good" tissue than it does fat. Ozempic is not good for you.
>>
>>4325162
>20 kilos
About 3 months of strict calorie cutting and some cardio to bolster calorie burning. But I doubt that’ll happen since a newborn kid is pretty stressful and time consuming already.
>>
>>4325969
Doesn’t Ozempic just trick your brain into thinking you’re full and turn off food cravings? The problem ozempic users have is that they don’t shovel enough protein to maintain their muscles, and likely don’t weight lift + eat for muscle rebuild. You’re basically starving yourself on ozempic and the body naturally eats muscles begin eating your fat reserves.
>>
Chapter 5 of this book

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width846
Image Height1280
>>
>>4325991
Which should NOT be acquired via free download (I know you’re reading this, fed)
>>
>>4325992
Where should I avoid going so I don't accidentally pirate?
>>
File: 1710096114090729.png (224 KB, 1024x578)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>4325162
generally whatever is closest to the lens will be largest in the photo. start with the myspace angle and adjust / alter from there. use a zoom so you can check what focal length will work
>>
>>4325986
>Doesn’t Ozempic just trick your brain into thinking you’re full and turn off food cravings?
I'm sure that's what big pharma would like people to believe.
>and the body naturally eats muscles begin eating your fat reserves.
Proofread fail. Either way, it should not eat more muscles than it does fat. There's clearly more going on that just making you crave food less. There's no magic stop-being-fat pill.
>>
>>4325993
Don't worry, link to downloadable epub is pretty far in search results, below a lot of bookstore links and occasional link to short sample.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.