[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: op.jpg (386 KB, 800x1117)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
Why is virtually everybody on this board so bad? I can look through a 150 images in /rpt/ and I'll be lucky if literally 1 of them is half decent. Once in a blue moon a decent photographer will post here, but it's a rare occasion. Even retards on leddit are capable of posting decent pictures on a somewhat regular basis, is this board truly that devoid of talented people?
>>
>>4325470
I don't see you posting a photo you took, you double nigger
>>
>>4325470
Why are you still here then? Clearly reddit suits you better
>>
>>4325470
Wow you took this photo OP? That's amazing, I didn't know Fan Ho posted here.
Unless of course you didn't post it, and you've yet to post your own images while complaining about everyone elses
>>
>>4325470
|2edditors actually go outside more than once in a blue moon, or so I'm told
This may enable them to get more photographic practice time in than the average shut-in /p/ user
Thus through hard work and dedication, they improve their craft while /p/ansies stagnate and critique each others photos they have "made"
Just a theory ofc.
>>
I've thought about this before and have a few theories.
Tying a persona to one's work is correlated with quality. Hence reddit with user accounts that are (practically speaking) semi-anonymous are better than the board that is alyways anonymous, and neither are as good as an average portfolio website that ties an irl name to photos.
Another thing to consider is the good photographers who post here are probably posting rejected frames so they are searchable from their "legitimate", non-anonymized platforms. Who would want to be found out as a 4channer from an innocent reverse image search?
Finally, this board is very critical. People here are assholes because it makes them look smart and there's no consequence. This hostile environment combined with no upside to sharing (at least anymore as criticism here is almost always given by talentless nophotos) creates an environment where only narcissists who think they're in the 99th percentile of photographers share. Dunning kruger and all that.

It's a shame because I think being able to egoless-ly share art with known peers is the best way to improve. People who understand your medium and are at roughly similar levels of expertise and perspectives will push you in all the right ways. I haven't had a friend group like that in a long time and rarely do I get any semblance of that here.
>>
>>4325481
More like no one here is trying to farm social credits and reputation, tripcodes aside. I post photos here that are immediately culled afterwards, just to see them exist somewhere momentarily. This place is basically the void, with nothing to prove and nothing to worry about.
>>
>>4325484
So you save trash solely to show others
People like you lower the bar
>>
>>4325486
Bar? Didn't know there was one. Don't care either; I feel a little better posting it and I don't use this place as my portfolio
>>
File: IMGP0020_50.jpg (1.63 MB, 2400x1600)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>4325483
>calls others nophotos
>doesn't post his own photos
>>
>>4325488
You purposefully post low quality images you yourself won't save
You are a snapshitter
>>
>>4325491
Anonymous, you can do whatever name-calling you want. I am really alright with that
>>
>>4325489
I haven't taken anything worth posting in a long time or maybe ever. Regardless of if they're nophotos almost no criticism offered here should be taken seriously.
>>
>>4325492
Only correctly identifying you for what you are based on your own admissions. Maybe put some effort into your snaps instead of posting your rejects online.
>>
luv postin me photos
luv lookin at other peoples photos
don't care bout me "rules" or "composition"
just enjoy photos with the boys
simple as
>>
>>4325495
>Maybe put some effort into your snaps instead of posting your rejects online
You speak as though this place is the louvre, or as though you are someone I should make efforts to impress, but that's really not the case. I'll post whatever I want here to make myself feel better
>>
I see Reddit has both a general photography board as well as a beginner photography board

Judging by the posts /p/ is around the level of the beginning photography board lol
>>
>all these nophotos
>>
>>4325499
and here's another one. This is obviously a shitposting thread
>>
>>4325497
Have fun posting your trash online? Seems like something only a loser would do as you could spent that time improving instead of posting self-admitted reject shots
Whatever gets you that dopamine hit
>>
File: IMGP0039_50.jpg (2.03 MB, 2400x1600)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>4325500
But I literally posted my photo earlier
Here's one I took on holiday, it was pretty cold out but I had fun
>>
>>4325501
again with the name-calling, hahaha... whatever makes YOU feel better anon, it really comes at no expense of mine
>>
>>4325503
Post more trash pls I want to see what you are so proud of
>>
>>4325499
>>4325502
What does posting your random snapshits of the sky prove exactly? It just reaffirms the OP.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>4325504
>>
>>4325470
So why don't you just leave? Imagine leaving a restaurant you didn't like but first you have to get up on a table and say a big speech. Who cares
>>
>>4325505
luv posting me photos
luv looking at my /p/ bros photos
Fact is I'm the only one who posted their own photos ITT, OP didn't even post his own
>>
>>4325508
>OP didn't even post his own
inb4
>>
>>4325506
Guess posting trash doesn't make you *that* happy then
>>
>>4325509
You think Fan Ho posts here?
>>
>>4325510
Nah, you missed the point. The point of the whole conversation is that the photos i post here aren't done for anyone else, certainly not for you, let alone doing it at your beck and call. You don't gratify me at all

>>4325511
I think it was supposed to be a joke
>>
>>4325513
Lemme try this yet again

You admit you post trash you don't save yourself because it makes you feel good

Go on, post trash, get your next dopamine hit!
>>
>>4325514
nah bro, you're literally nobody
>>
File: pp.jpg (2.43 MB, 2305x1152)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GX85
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.0.1+1~ga59e0af56
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)51 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2022:10:27 15:37:42
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2305
Image Height1152
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4325516
holy kino
>>
>>4325496
blessed
>>
>>4325496
realest post on this board tbqhwy
>>
>>4325470
They’re all autistic and can only collect information. Art that comes easily is incompatible with autism unless the fixation is on recreating that feeling rather than having a fixation on the technical aspects of photography like most autists have.
>>
>>4325522
Guess that means you too. Or maybe you're just describing personal experience?
>>
>>4325470
a) reddit is part of polite society, 4chan isn't, so most people don't want to publish their stuff both here and elsewhere

b) anyone who does dare to post good photos anyways, or even just acts ambitious, gets harassed by our insecure residents out of crab bucket mentality until they leave (this is especially poopco and cAnon/cinefag from what I've seen)
>>
>>4325530
*on second thought "compatible with" polite society instead of "part of" fits better, am ESL
>>
File: IMGP0558.jpg (780 KB, 2946x1967)
780 KB
780 KB JPG
You need to get your eyes checked my man, I constantly post kino.

Equipment MakePENTAX Corporation
Camera ModelPENTAX *ist DS
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 (Windows)
Color Filter Array Pattern590
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2024:06:01 21:22:43
Exposure Time1/250 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
Did anyone read the sticky?
The part where you should expect to be judged, harshly?
And to deal with it?

It's like the majority of /p/ got stuck on the very beginning steps of photography and never progressed any further due to being afraid of negative feedback.

tl;dr /p/ is full of cowards that make every excuse in the book to avoid gittin' gud.
>>
>>4325533
Damn that is indeed kino, so kino I forgot to look at the exif immediately upon spying a fresh photo

The tones are quite nice and image seems balanced side to side and front to back.
>>
>>4325536
>The part where you should expect to be judged, harshly? And to deal with it?
Nah, read the thread. It's the people who criticize that can't handle not being taken seriously. No one cares about criticism here
>>
>>4325470
Yeah I‘ve said it for years. I have not seen a decent image posted here, ever. By this point I am certain that this board is satire. There can‘t possibly be this many people this bad at photography. It‘s like all the rejects who didn‘t get attention on any forum or community sites come here to share in their disregard of the craft.

I taught my brother and he could produce state of the art quality images in weeks. You don‘t even need talent, you literally just have to have someone tell you how or watch the correct youtube videos.
>>
>>4325538
Have you posted a trash photo yet? I'm still waiting for you to so we can both enjoy ourselves, together.
>>
>>4325540
Just look for a photo you don't like and pretend that's me bro. You know I'm right and you can't deal with the fact that no one wants your attention
>>
>>4325539
>heh me and my brother take the most amazing photos
>you all suck
>n-no i won't post them
I'm guessing you'll use the "my photos are too good to waste on /p/" cope
>>
>>4325527
Your immediate hostility tells me everything. Send me some photos to confirm.
>>
>>4325539
Agreed 100%
It's just photography. Unlike other hobbies/arts, photography requires only a modest amount of time/effort to produce superb results.

>>4325542
Yet you keep responding (without a photo) I showed you mine now show me yours.
>>
>>4325543
Why should I post any of my work here? I would instantly dox myself as most of my stuff is on my website. That is why you will not see any credible photographer post here as they don‘t want to be associated with snapshitters.
I enjoy shitposting and giving advice, but the latter falls on deaf ears around here.
>>
Yep, my prediction was true, he used the "I can't waste my photos I'd dox myself" bullshit cope
>>
>>4325551
It‘s not cope, I make my living from photography. I give workshops and sell prints and I have a small youtube channel about post processing. Do you think it would be a smart business move to have a connection to 4chan?
>>
>>4325551
Nah, go back and reread the thread, that's not what you originally predicted, liar
>>
>>4325544
You don't seem to realize that nothing sets you apart from your own hypothesis
>>
File: DSC02074_50.jpg (1.84 MB, 2736x1824)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>it's not cope
It absolutely is
Besides, it's literally impossible to get doxxed unless you deliberately post personal information
Here's a random photo, you cannot tell who I am from it
>but i can tell what city you live in111!!!!!
So?

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-RX100M7
Camera SoftwareDSC-RX100M7 v1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)200 mm
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2021:10:11 22:27:11
Exposure Time1/6 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating320
Brightness-2.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length72.00 mm
Image Width5472
Image Height3648
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
I think my favourite cope is "nah that's not even my REAL work, I wouldn't post that here"
>>
>>4325557
comfy streetlamp, nice it still has that warm glow to it
>>
>>4325489
Cam?
>>
>>4325562
That was with the K1-II
>>
>>4325564
And lens?
How much did you spend on them cause they seem pretty expensive?
>>
>>4325567
It was the biggest and most expensive mistake of my life, don't do it
Don't buy the K1-II
>>
>>4325557
Are you mentally handicapped? I have an online photography business. I have a youtube channel. I have my images on my website. You would just have to image search if I posted here and you would find my everything and then one of you posts retarded shit under one of my videos and my career is ruined and my credibility gone. No thanks.
Also your image is trash. Even around here I have seen images like this already. It‘s not even original. It has no message, no story, no context, no artistic expression. It‘s a snapshot, and a bad one. Any normie with a smartphone takes better images.
>>
>>4325569
Yep, just as I predicted
>>
File: dd.jpg (1.85 MB, 2720x1157)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GX85
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.0.1+1~ga59e0af56
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)623 mm
Image Created2022:10:29 15:55:38
Exposure Time1/8 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length300.00 mm
Image Width2720
Image Height1157
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4325572
Based creepshotter
>>
>>4325569
larp. ur a nobody
>>
>>4325571
Yep, just as predicted. You are mentally handicapped. And you suck at photography. I feel sorry for you. I‘ll close the thread now, you will post another brainless reply and feel like a winner, whilst I go out and do my job, which is photography, and enjoy my life. Loser.
>>
>>4325577
I correctly predicted you'd use the ol "my work is too good to post here i don't want to get doxxed none of you are good enough" bullshit cope
>>
>>4325557
sony users think this is a good photo
>>
stop asking hot uppity nophotos to post their own works and just ask them to post any good photo to support their claims, taken by literally anybody. there is no >le epin doxx deflection to be had, nowhere to hide. either they'll be outed as b8 or a good photo will be added to the board and you know the poster is credible. win-win

>>4325483
disagree with the first point, agree with the second and third
>>4325536
correct observations that board is full of cowards and beginners plus fear of bad feedback disincentivizes posting. incorrect implication that the 'feedback' here is generally worth reading, let alone helpful
>>4325569
>>4325539
did you not just answer your own question? according to your own claims, people don't post good photos here because it would dox them
>>
File: DSC01310_50.jpg (2 MB, 2432x1824)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>4325580
Any photo posted is better than a nophoto post
I took this one while out walking and thought the milk bottle looked quite ominous

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelDSC-RX100M7
Camera SoftwareDSC-RX100M7 v1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)47 mm
Image Created2021:04:08 23:03:31
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2500
Brightness-1.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length17.53 mm
Image Width4864
Image Height3648
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4325587
sony users don't even try to be good at photography, I conclude
>>
>>4325590
Cool cool so where's your photos?
>>
>>4325591
on my hard drive, hidden from your unworthy eyes, duh
>>
>>4325587
That's a juice bottle, fren
>>
>>4325587
The lighting on this is exquisite
Lovely use of negative space
>>
>>4325483
Mostly 2 for me. I'll rarely post actual work, you mostly get dog snapshots or maybe some collages with faces covered.

>>4325569, >>4325552, >>4325550
That's a good reason to not post certain images, but it's not at all an excuse to be a nophoto. Totally fine if you don't want to post your best images, but being a pro and not having any "spare" photos worth sharing is very unbelievable to me.
Fears of doxing is mostly cope. People leave names / users in exif here all the time, nothing happens. People do post images that are traceable back to websites, and nothing happens. I'm also a working pro (but I have no ego and my photos suck), and have posted hundreds of images at this point, and nothing yet. There are other working pros that posted here and still have solid photo careers too. Also, how can you expect others to post good photos if you yourself wont (for reasons)?
>>
File: 1717543740495599.gif (1.14 MB, 291x260)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
>>4325470

Where's your photo thread faggot?
>>
>>4325470
There's a reason you're not posting your amazing photos, or even photos you think are amazing, isn't there?

Post exactly 3 of each

>>4325644
>Fear of doxing is mostly cope
Not when people are threatening to SWAT anyone they don't like ala
>you posted gear opinions i don't like or too many process tests when i was trying to do an unbroken chain of buildingcorner.jpg
>I'm going to call the FBI and tell them I saw a livestream of you raping your dog. That will teach you.
Fear of doxing is definitely not cope.
>>
>>4325649
It's cope because it doesn't actually happen to 99% of doxable posters, it's just a no photo excuse
>>
>>4325649

I have been posting here since like 2010 people know who I am, where I live and some of you faggots are on my Jewbook profile.

There was a continuous Sugar Thread for like 3 years at one point.

Post some fucking pictures copelord. You going to let a fat dumb autistic truck driver outdo you? Faggot
>>
>>4325649
>people are threatening to SWAT anyone...
Proof or are you just making shit up as usual hmm
Fear of doxing is 100% cope no one cares about you
No idea about the dog diddler thing you are talking about, I doubt you would be stupid enough to livestream beastiality if that makes you feel better
>>
>>4325655
>>4325652
>>4325651
>no one cares and we can prove it, let us dox u
Based attempt but this is an anonymous website, sorry!
>>
>>4325652
>referring to self in third person to brag about thread from YEARS ago
each day you stoop lower and lower lmao, don't you ever self-reflect
>>
>>4325656
Whatever you say nophoto. I'll keep posting pics here and not getting doxxed, like I have for years. You keep being paranoid or continuing with the excuses.
Pretty crazy that a professional doesn't have any "un-doxxable" images either, you must not shoot all that much.
>>
>>4325658
>>4325656

No-photo copelords who let an autistic fat dumb America truck driver beat them. Sad!
>>
>>4325663
>calls self autistic fat dumb America truck driver
True on all counts, looks like you did a lil bit of self-reflection there, haha

You beat no one, this is an anonymous board
I post photos anonymously because I don't feel the need to attention whore with a trip like a certain yuge communist faggot
>>
>>4325662
>I'll keep posting pics
So will I

In other threads, not connected to this reply chain, and they will be undoxable throwaways of building corners, cats, and trees. HA HA HA.
>>
File: IMGP3343.jpg (3.8 MB, 4820x3098)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
why do so many people larp as good photographers saying there's no good photos on /p/?
no one will believe you take good photos either until you prove otherwise. no muh doxing is not an excuse, nobody cares if you're posting in a lebanese dog trichology board

pic related undecent photograph

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-70
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.6.1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Created2024:06:15 11:42:21
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width4820
Image Height3098
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4325668
>building corners
>cats
>trees
ok we got his modus operandi
it's only a matter of time now muahaha
>>
>>4325667
>I don't feel the need to attention whore with a trip
Yeah, you just attention whore as a nophoto
>>
>>4325671
Doxing isn't an excuse to never post photos at all, but it's an excuse not to post photos when someone tries to argue and wants to cop out

You don't want to post photos while arguing. That's how you end up like sugar. Imagine if sugar didn't try to be a "yeah i like my little pony, deal with it" guy, and instead did not want 4chan's attention, it would not be fun for him.
>>
File: anonymoose.png (52 KB, 835x795)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>4325674
>he's doing it for the recognition again
>yeah it's that guy
>anonymous
>i see him everywhere trying to make a name for himself
>fuck that smug little faggot
>next time he shows up i'm gonna give him a piece of my mind
>>
>>4325674
??? I'm not sure that makes sense enough for me to give you a thoughtful reply, ig you'll have to settle for this (You) instead
>>
>>4325675
>but it's an excuse not to post photos when someone tries to argue and wants to cop out
even then, no
its very easy to post and stay anonymous / not get doxxed even in threads like this
its only an excuse to not post your top tier work that is also shared all over social media and your website
anyone that shoots, especially a "professional" will have spare undoxable shots
consider too, the arguing only ever comes about from people not posting

its all just cope for being a nophoto
at least Sugar isnt afraid to post photos
>>
>>4325677
>>4325676
Do you think people can't get attention whore anonymously? Attention whoring is different from "recognition"
It's the same reason trolls troll, attention
>>
>>4325678
>anyone that shoots, especially a "professional" will have spare undoxable shots
Brings to mind Ken Rockwell's snaps as compared to his professional shots
>>
>>4325680
seems like you are projecting again
giving off heavy "ick" vibes
>>
>>4325683
Are you a woman?
>>
protip, for long term posting, but feel free to use 2000x or 3000x because screens aren't shit anymore
>exiftool -overwrite_original -all:all= "%~dp0*"
>magick mogrify -resize 1000x -unsharp 1.5x1+0.7+0.02 *.jpg
>schizos: nooooo the patterns to notice, they're gone!
>>
>>4325678
>its cope its cope REEEEEE
I only have so many photos that are worth posting left over after ignoring "Real Photos", so why would I waste them on your teenage girl argument or your gear butthurt instead of posting them somewhere else?

Would a photo make a fact any different? Such as "you are gay". Would posting a photo turn you straight?
>>
>>4325690
all those words and still no photo, anything you can do to justify not simply posting a photo
its a thread complaining about no good photos on the board, be part of the change, post good photos
>>
>>4325700
>Waste your throwaways on drama
in theory the thread would be deleted anyways, a waste, that's and bird threads, fgt, and rpt are for
putting them in context of your gay drama would be even worse

this thread was over when op was unable to post what he considered good photos

the rest is you being a girly NSA agent mad that schizochads won't identify themselves
>>
Imagine if this board was like /r9k/ but for photos
There I fixed the /p/roblem
>>
>all these tards asking OP to post his photos
What does OP's photographic ability have to do with the point he's making? OP could be the biggest snapshitter on planet earth and it wouldn't detract from his point. If you genuinely believe 99% of the pictures posted on this board aren't dog shit you're a coping mongoloid.
>>
>>4325709
OP can't post any photos he considers good
Fan Ho aka chinese salgado is kind of overrated at this point, imitating him is a one way trip to snoozeville. A long time ago, it was probably stunning, but today it's starting to feel like camp. Your grandma has his photos up.

There are two photographers most people on /p/ could really learn from DOE
One, is Tim Flach, probably the world's most thoughtful and creative animal photographer, he's been asking "is bird-on-bokeh all there is" since before zoo snappers and should be an inspiration for all the people doing portraits of their cat
https://timflach.com/work/birds/
https://timflach.com/work/dog-gods/
https://www.instagram.com/timflachphotography/p/C6go936KcbZ/
The other, is Alec Soth, modern master of the hometown walkaround and documenting the fringes of life
https://alecsoth.com/photography/projects/looking-for-love
https://alecsoth.com/photography/projects/sleeping-by-the-mississippi
https://alecsoth.com/photography/projects/a-pound-of-pictures

Together, they are like /p/ but good.
>>
>>4325702
>in theory the thread would be deleted anyways
That's all the more reason to post, it's only temporary.

>>4325709
It's complaining without working towards a solution, just whining. It's not much more constructive than, "your photos all suck guys".
OP could start by posting good photos they've taken. If OP doesn't have good photos, then it should give them some insight as to why the rest of the board is mostly the same.
If doxing fears is a reasonable reason to not post, then it OP should understand that and there's no reason to complain.
OP could highlight and link to any of the "good" examples posted on the board. OP could post good photos they've found elsewhere. OP could start more focused feedback threads, "here's a photo, what would make it better?"
>>
>>4325711
>Tim Flach
I find the black background studio stuff only marginally more interesting than the bird on bokeh genre of photography but this one (and the other in-situs) is nuts. Did he really haul out a bunch of lighting equipment into the field to take this? It looks fairly wide angle too, maybe a camera trap? The balance between the flash and ambient light is great too. I wonder how much editing is involved here, maybe a lot and I'm overthinking it but that'd be boring!
>>
>>4325714
Forgot pic. These are phenomenal though. Makes me want to try again at lighting after I broke all my godoxes getting them wet.
>>
>>4325714
Even his bokeh birds capture a lot more personality and action than average. And he's using a relatively slow and out of date DSLR for most of his work.

He's just an absolute master of timing and framing.
>>
>>4325716
Looks overedited to the point have to confirm it is indeed a photograph
>>
>>4325721
From his FAQ
>For my Dog book, I took an image of a Springer Spaniel with pheasants flying up from the bracken on a misty morning. To achieve the desired look, we combined flash with colour-balanced gels that matched the scene's ambient light.
>When shooting in the studio, I often need to freeze movements, such as a bird in flight or an animal leaping, with a flash system that captures speeds up to 1/10000 a second. Although I sometimes use continuous light sources for stills, it is mostly used for capturing motion.
It mostly looks like careful lighting to me, but I'm sure there's a fair amount of post processing.
>>
File: Wikipedia_Nes_Zapper.jpg (118 KB, 1200x800)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>4325716

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 30D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Windows
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2009:10:17 19:47:39
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>4325688

hows your imagemagick-fu, does sRGB image go darker at resize down?
>>
>>4325711
>Tim Flach
idk I find these kind of repulsive
quite the same vibe as those dumb nft monkeys
>>
>>4325724
Yeah I'm not knocking his lighting technique at all
Looking more into it, it seems this is a painterly style of photography. Seems it was used first for portraits and has branched out into other genres.
>>
>>4325716
bleeergh, its the typical digimaxing that normies love
>>
>>4325789
What do you love?
>>
>>4325470
Don’t care, just gonna keep snapshitting my dogs. Don’t look at it if it offends you, not my problem.
>>
>>4325806
based
>>
>>4325806
Hyper based and beautiful picture pilled.
>>
>>4325806
Hey that's the peace bridge isn't it
Jordan and Chris did some videos there
>>
>>4325806
HOLY BASED
>>
>>4325861
Yup, good ol calgary. I’m not for
There but I’ve passed through a few times. The camera store is great to spend an hour or two at on an afternoon, that’s where Chris and Jordan got their start. I think one of their wives still works there lol.
>>
>>4325806
>canadian
>dog
OH N-
>>
>15 images (half arent even photos)
>126 replies
all the actual photographers i know arent hanging out here posting their photos looking for genuine critique or wanting to expand their community
>>
File: B0000445.jpg (2.68 MB, 2400x1600)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>4325806
Clean your sensor

>>4325883
have you tried posting photos yet tho
>please wait 60 seconds before making a post
>connection error
>connection error
>connection error
>you seem to have mistyped the captcha
>>
>>4325922
I swear to god it says you typed it wrong even when you didn't
>>
>>4325923
Of course, it says "seem to", it doesnt know for sure
>>
>>4325470

The famous disclaimer about this site and anyone who believes or takes anything on this site seriously is an idiot…

I just post the worst photos I can find online here and pretend I took them or make posts about them. That’s what everyone else is doing too lol.

Reddit is more desperate to appear serious but I still feel it has a huge number of people just trolling too.
>>
File: IMG_20240617_183906.jpg (3.01 MB, 5472x3648)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB JPG
is this the thread for posting photos?

Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX2000
Camera Software1.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)308 mm
Image Width5472
Image Height3648
Image Created2024:01:29 14:15:21
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating800
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length200.00 mm
Image Width5472
Image Height3648
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: 1715921929782.jpg (975 KB, 1915x1276)
975 KB
975 KB JPG
OP, post photo or stop whining like a little bitch

Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 9.2.2 (Android)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2024:05:16 23:09:17
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
Brightness0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceOther
FlashNo Flash
>>
>>4325948
OP is definitely shit too but that doesn't make him wrong.
>>
>>4325949
OP has the balls to criticize, but not the balls to be criticized.
>>
>>4325949
>everyone elses photos suck why is this place so shit
Then show us how it's done OP
>uhhh no, i wont waste my photos here, they're simply too good but you can't see them
>>
>>4325711
I quite like the second set of links there. Thank you for posting them.
>>
File: SIebOZC.jpg (3.6 MB, 4998x3280)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB JPG
Because some people adapt quicker than others. Some people are worse than the average person and some better. Frankly most of images look like hot garbage, but my strength is in subject matter and story. I'm currently on this website temporarily to get advice from /lit/ about writing less in a dysfunctional way. Seriously I compared my images to Birdemic and Birdemic looks better than mine. Now I understand the frustration people had.
>>
>>4325470
rpt is the best thing about this board. iiiiiiiiii guy is genuinely good, and you get gems like >>4325920 from time to time. It's just that all is drowned in plenty of poor stuff. If someone with a bit of knowhow would lector the thread and pick the best out of it regularly, it would appear quite professional.

It's circlejerk of pseuds that keep this board down.
>>
cause anons dont leave the house

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T5
Camera SoftwareCapture One Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)450 mm
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness2.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length300.00 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4326334
i tooked a real nice photo today. it's on my card cba to show how nice it is.
>>
>>4326335
Dude you need help if you're insinuating bad behavior okay. I understand you love being reckless as it fuels your numbed boredom from child abuse, but try to do something else okay. I want to use 4chan productively despite it being a bad place since I don't feel like having to sign up for any other place, and besides that it has communities giving instant results from messaging.
>>
>>4326334
>buys $4000 gearfag kit to go to the zoo and shoot a sedated lion
there’s a poetry in this moment. man then and man now. i wish i could have been there to catch it on my m43.
>>
>>4326334
:/

I'm 50/50 on agreeing with that.
>>
lol people in this thread spent a Sunday arguing about nothing
>>
>>4326340
hell yeah! if you have it, bring it with you

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T5
Camera SoftwareCapture One Windows
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)18 mm
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness3.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length12.00 mm
Image Width7728
Image Height5152
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.