[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (14).jpg (63 KB, 976x850)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>spend hundreds per shoot trying to get good shots for my dating profile with different photographers
>no matches, images are terrible
>buy my own professional camera
>take my own pictures in good light
>matches skyrocket, get 1 chick pregnant

why didn't you guys tell me photographers are scammers that don't know what they are doing?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>4332825
I tried, but you wouldn't listen.
>>
>>4332825
why do frogposters
- feel the need to make up retarded stories
- think people are gonna believe them
?
>>
File: FCotFscWUAgQF4rR.jpg (103 KB, 1000x982)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>4332825
Anyone you can hire is bad at photography, true photographers only do it for the joy of creation and photograph only what they truly are passionate about

>>4332843
we are built different

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
Frogposters deserve to lose money and thier lifes
>>
>>4332954
Ay don't be so mean, this is cultureful board
>>
>>4332825
You probably got scammed by some Macedonian pretending to be a photographer, just like 90% of /p/ pretends to take photos
>>
>>4332825
genuinely how do I go about this
just put my SLR on a tripod and go at it?
>>
>>4338411
You need a mirrorless with eye AF and a shutter remote.
>>
>>4338411
Using an SLR you'll burn through some film dialing in focus and composition without some sort of live view. Could go that route just need either a timer or a remote shutter and a roll of film you're not fussed with losing.

Way easier with some sort of live view and an articulated screen.

For portraits it's a good idea to get some good lighting equipment. A good flash, a diffuser, maybe a reflective umbrella or lightdow might be useful. Lighting is most of what makes portraits look good. That and not being a ugly cunt, but let's keep things realistic,
>>
>>4338460
I'm not great looking but I'm not ugly. I guess I could set it to f/8 but then I would lose the shallow portrait DoF. I just don't have any friends who would know how to work my cameras, lol. Maybe I meter the scene and just have them focus and press the shutter and I can bracket exposures that way as well
>>
>>4338622
get a tripod, ask your friend to be where you want to, do everything (set iso if digital, focus, aperture, speed, framing etc. etc.) and then change places with them and just tell them to push 1 button
>>
>>4338625
good idea tbqh

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.