[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2024-07-11.jpg (95 KB, 3000x1000)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
So how do I expose this Kodak Portra 400 to get the "portra" colours everyone is talking about?
>>
>>4335799
shoot it at iso 25
>>
>>4335799
Overexpose 1 stop (2 for skin tones) and develop normally
>>
Shoot at box speed and do a normal development
>>
>>4335803
>2 for skin tones
why
>>4335811
why
>>
>>4335827
Because it gives you the look you want you stupid faggot i bet you dont even want help youre just trolling you fuck
>>
>>4335849
sorry are you >>4335803 or >>4335811
>>
>>4335864
>she doesnt know
>>
the instagram portra colors are achieved in post by fucking with the tone sliders
>>
Overexpose your scenes when you can,
the more light reflects off of something into your the more the colours will pop, you got a latitude of about 3 stops before you start doing damage you can't buff out

1 stop is ideal, but it's nice to be able to use 400 speed at 400, so just use aperture priority and your camera's meter to check that you're slightly overexposing whenever possible
Mesure, lock settings, recompose, and shoot
>>
>>4335799
Expose it on IG.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.