[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: weight comparison.png (111 KB, 940x565)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
I don't get how some people will opt for smaller sensors or even inferior camera bodies because of small reductions in weight and size. Are you that weak? We are talking about TINY reductions in weight. Heck, in the case of m43, the cameras are often heavier than their APS-C competitors (see pic related).

I understand the reasoning: "if my camera is lighter, it's easier to carry everywhere so I use it more and get better at photography."

But this really only applies to BIG size differences. This reasoning makes sense when comparing a pocket digital camera to a DSLR, not a mirrorless APSC vs a M43, both of which are pretty big regardless. Again, are you seriously that weak?

The real benefit of these smaller sensors is their reduced tendency to overheat when recording video and their reduced cost.
>>
you are so stupid it's unreal
>>
The /p/ board ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>4336360
thank you sony representative!
>>
>>4336360
Yes, they are weak

look around you on this board, look around the whole world, people are going hiking with hasselblads and most hunters are trekking 100s of miles carrying guns that weigh 10lbs just to fire one bullet, and these bitch boys prioritize "grams". a literal non-unit invented for quantities only of interest to tax men, doctors, and scientists, because even children have trouble detecting such a small amount of weight. clearly, it's a non-issue... to men.

the people whining about grams are mostly women, trannies, gays with aids, and europoors on vegan liquid diets (it's to offset china's emissions, which aren't that bad per capita because over half the country is poor and rural, chud)
>>
I opt to shoot film for over 50% weight reduction from dslr or mirrorless.
>>
Why do you care?
>>
>>4336378
Truly based
>>
>>4336360
Now add lenses and look at the weight
Smaller is better
Also poor comparison
>>
File: IMG_1183.png (381 KB, 560x308)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>4336388
Sure is lighter!
>>
>>4336449
now show us Canon's 300 - 1200mm lens
>>
>>4336360
I largely agree. I use one is as a small and cheap secondary camera for cycling, but that's a rather niche use case.
>small, good selection of pancakes.
I can put it somewhere quickly accessible.
>cheap
I don't want to put something like A7c through long off road trips.

A6000 is probably also close, but the pancake selection isn't as good and 1 extra cm can mean that it no longer fits where I want it.
>>
>>4336527 (me)
Or rx100v but I'd be almost halving the sensor are again.
>>
>>4336360
Body doesn't contribute much to the weight. It's the lens, especially sewer pipe tele lens.
I think APS-C is a good compromise between DoF, crop factor (essentially size of lens). MFT has potential but lens choice sucks.
Also, too small is bad too. You might want smth chunky to grip on.
>>
>>4336531
>Something chunky to grip onto
Sorry, you called?

For real though, M43 lenses are... Fine. But Canon lenses are basically magic bullshit. That being said I have a fair amount of areas in town and beyond where shoving an RF 100-400 is gonna get me spoken to or moved along, and I'm not even black.

Pure performance? Get a FF or at least APS-C. You gotta make sacrifices somewhere
>>
>>4336478
Here you go, friend.
>>
>>4336555
are you blind?
>>
>>4336578
It's on an APS-C body, same field of view
>>
>>4336360
And then they slap a grip on it because the camera is too short to hold comfortably.

(I love the added grip on my Snoy a6600. But I'm too cheap to go FF.)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.