[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: LX10_LX15k_slant_Tele.jpg.jpg (318 KB, 1600x1091)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
hey /p/, i'm thinking of getting a camera and ditching my phone and i'm looking one of the best cameras of this size (it can be bigger that's fine but never like a dslr) but that i can at least swap the lenses, i don't know much about modern cameras but if there are some with usb-c so i can quickly transfer the photos to my pc and no gps/antena/wi-fi garbage just photos and videos with basic interface no bullshit
>>
The newer Canons (R50 and more $$$) have USBC to USBC transferring and interchangable lenses. If you want that in a camera you need something made at least since 2021
>>
>>4337635
If you want something compact with interchangeable lenses you get an M43 or Canon R50. Also heard good things about some snoys but I can't vouch. USB-C is totally a thing but only from rather recently, which means M43 is out the window. I however would suggest you just take the SD card out and get a $25 UHS-I card reader. I find that plenty convenient but you do you fren. WiFi is found on most modern cameras save maybe some really shit digicams and bridge cameras.

Post your budget and photography needs if you want actual recommendations though and be well fuckin' aware that if you want an Interchangeable Lens Camera (ILC), you are going to spend more on lenses than the body eventually, so budget accordingly. For example, one body I spent $350 on second hand, and my first lens was $400. It was a very good macro lens, but my point stands.

pic rel is my M43 cameras with no scale but I can tell you each of those are small enough to cover side to side with one hand.
>>
File: IMG_0088.jpg (297 KB, 1992x1328)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>4337681
forgot the fucking picture

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS R50
Lens Size18.00 - 45.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.1.0
Lens NameRF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2024:07:15 02:14:35
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3984
Image Height2656
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeMedium
Focus ModeUnknown
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingNormal
Macro ModeNormal
Subject Distance0.340 m
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed352
Color Matrix129
>>
>>4337635
>but that i can at least swap the lenses
why?
>>
>>4337682
these little things have wi-fi? why?
>>
>>4337766
?? Speedy image transfer
>>
>>4337827
>speedy
clearly you've never used it. it's slow, unstable, and relies on a godawful, jeet developed app.

wifi transfer is not even usable on $2500 full frame mirrorless shit. you take the card out, or you have an ethernet port for fast ftp uploads. this hasn't changed in like 15 years.
>>
>>4337766
Only the white one, the E-PL7 does. Everything before that didn't iirc.
WiFi is okay for a handful of photos at max, since they somehow cram the worst antennae running at like max. 40Mbps and a single RAW can take like 5-10 seconds, let alone a whole folder full of RAWs and JPEGs. WiFi is conveience for single photos, and this goes for basically ANY camera with WiFi.

Honest to god just take your SD card out and stick it in a reader. Bonus points for the ethernet idea from >>4337831 since storing things on a NAS and sending shit at 5Gbps is glorious. Will need an SSD for that, as spinning rust will cap out at about 120Mbps without some fancy raid 0 nonsense you wouldn't use in a home NAS anyway. Fuck, what blue board is this again?
>>
>>4337638
>>4337681
Sony have had type C ports on their full frame bodies since 2017. Not sure about their crop bodies though, it seems that some realised after that time still hade micro USB.
>>
>>4338490
Yup the early years of USBc it was still being treated as a premium/top model feature and not just another port, so the 6x00 models took longer to get it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.