[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6087-1161227730.jpg (556 KB, 1672x1672)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
obivously you shove in the adapter on and theres many vids of that online , but how do you meter properly? I realized recently that pk era film lenses and their respective bodies have a little turning pin that pokes out. When the aperture turns, it turns the pin to help give the aperture number to the body to help correctly meter. I mean sure, you can press the m42 lenses button that stops down the aperture, but i still dont get how will help the light meter if it is not being directly told the aperture number in the body. Unless the adapter turns the pin all the way open for metering , and you simply stop down to your aperture to get a readout , but i still dont get how this would work because wouldnt the pin on the camera body detemine change in metering when the aperture is changed?
I cant tell if im being a whiny ass bitch and overthinking it and it will be fine when i get an adapter or if i will need to buy an external light meter for my camera.

TLDR: worried metering wont work properly on pk bodies when using the m42 adapter , and that i will need to buy an external one. Will i need to buy an external meter or what? If it helps the camera bodies i own that are pk are a ricoh kr5 and a pentax p30.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.4 (Windows)
PhotographerKristaps Hohs
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:07:14 01:28:36
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4338358
you stop down to meter
that is all
>>
>>4338364
danke shon
>>
on my k70 i press a button which makes the mirror flip up and the lens stop down to meter and that changes the shutter speed
the camera won't know the aperture
>>
>>4338364
>>4338463
yikes. why bother then? selling this piece of shit
>>
>>4338464
Such is life when adapting ancient trash
>>
>>4338463
There are two types of adaptors. For lenses that don't have an auto/manual switch, you need an adaptor with a step down at the rear of the thread that permanently depresses the stop down button that protrude from the rear of the lens housing.
>the camera won't know the aperture
It does though, it's wide open if you haven't depressed that little button and the k-mount cameras are incapable of doing that. They use a completely different mechanism.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.