[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Finally made the jump from ASP-C to FF.

For those who made similar upgrade, is it worth to hold onto the old a6000 (and few prime lenses), or sell them? Did you regret getting rid of your smaller crop sensor cameras?
>>
i started on full frame because it's the smallest acceptable imaging area otherwise you might as well use a kodak easyshare

the closest would be for when i went from small format (35mm) film to regular sized film (6x6) in which case yeah i sold that old shit and didn't regret it because i hate having excessive cameras and i already had a 35mm digital for snapshits
>>
>>4339026
you can shoot in cropped mode on the a7iii with your current gear while you gather info on ff lenses
>>
File: 102_5292.jpg (385 KB, 2848x2144)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>4339033
>you might as well use a kodak easyshare
you mean, the KINO machines?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeEASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera ModelKODAK EASYSHARE C653 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)108 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2022:09:27 21:06:19
Exposure Time2 sec
F-Numberf/4.6
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating80
Lens Aperturef/4.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Exposure Index80
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeNight Scene
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4339061
thanks anon i will try that
>>
>>4339026
I'd hold on to it
Might be situations where you don't want to risk your a7iii
>>
I've shot crop for nearly 20 years
>>
>>4339108
I think I might. It's a lot heavier than my a6000 so I may just keep it around for those scenarios.

>>4339109
Yeah, I can immediately see photos are better on the full frame just playing around with it today but it's not really night and day. The crop punches above it's weight and it served me well for years.
>>
>>4339026
>4339026
I use a mix of Sony FF & APS-C. Sometimes I go to a museum where they don't allow 'pro cameras'. My A6500 with a 24mm 1.8 ZA is small enough that it has so far not been a problem there.

Many Sonys can also be fine USB webcams. I my case I use the Sony 'Remote' app to connect the A6500 to my Mac and Zoom via USB. Once you have connected to the Zoom app you have to quit the Remote app for it to work. A prompt reminds you.
>>
>>4339123
thanks anon
>>
hold on to it for a while until you're sure you really don't need it or need the cash.
>>
If you're doing any long distance stuff then the crop body will be handy to have, it would be equivalent to cropping down a 54mp full frame image so a decent reach advantage (if you had bought a 45mp A7R then it probably wouldn't be worth it). Just bear in mind that you don't have any IBIS so you'll want to be using a stabilised lens and the AF is worse.
>>
Crop=circumised
FF=uncircumised
Simple as
>>
>>4339217
What's the tranny equivalent?
Phones?
>>
>>4339234
Micro four turds

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.