[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I want to start a Youtube channel, but I'm not sure about the equipment or what skills I need. Could I just record using an Iphone 15 or do I need some sort of mirrorless camera?
My budget is $500 tops.
Could go to $1000, I guess I'll need a tripod and microphone? I'm planning on recording voice over the scenes.
>>
>>4339505
you can use your iPhone for everything, just buy a light or two
also next time you have a stupid question ask in the stupid questions thread
>>
What you should really do:
1. Use your iPhone. Go to Walmart and buy some of their cheap video lights, tripods, etc. GET A DECENT MICROPHONE.
2. Start making videos.
3. You're going to suck. Buy some books on how to make better videos. "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck" is a good start.
Start investing in good lighting.
4. You'll start getting good.
5. ONLY THEN buy a GH5 or GH5ii, and buy a nice lens with it, the 12-60mm Leica branded one is a good start.

What you're actually going to do:
1. Blow your entire budget on the most expensive Sony camera you can with the cheapest lens you can.
2. Struggle to get even 5 followers, four of them are people you begged. The fifth is probably a bot.
3. Get depressed. Give up.
4. Set the camera on your shelf. Occasionally remember it exists and play with it for 5-10 minutes reminiscing over what could've been.
5. Become a /p/ shit poster.
>>
It all depends on how entertaining your content is. You could get away with a potato if you are interesting enough.
>>
Protip: dont be a faggot with your mic in frame
You can get a cheapo shotgun mic on a mic stand placed out of frame
>>
>>4339780
Or cheapo lapel mic*

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.