[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0636.jpg (61 KB, 464x661)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
This is my favorite camera in the whole world: the Canon AutoBoy 2. It's a point and shoot film camera from 1983 that has autofocus.

I bought one a couple of years ago. Mine is so clean that it looks new and all of the functions work. I love the photos that come out of it because they're clean and have good quality while still looking like they're from the 1980s. I have a few exposures left on my current roll and I'm excited to get it developed soon because I've been working on this roll for almost a year now. Also I love how the camera looks, it screams "1980s" in a way that a lot of the cameras from later in the decade simply don't.

Say something nice about the best camera ever made.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width464
Image Height661
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4339772
It’s loud as shit and misses focus for me, but when it nails it, it nails it good. Also mine has the af35mii name on it which is neat. Can’t complain for a tenner at the thrift.
>>
>>4339773
>It's loud as shit
That's the auto-wind function. That loud noise is the sound of dreams as you set out on the next chapter of your life, just as the camera sets the film roll to the next exposure. It's a good sound.
>Misses focus
You need to learn how to use the auto focus - it's shared with the same level as the timer. Pull the lever and then aim the dot in the center of the view finder at the target you want to shoot and then push the shutter release half way to engage the focus. You should see the slider along the bottom of the view finder change position. After that, you are free to move the camera in order to frame your shot and then push the shutter release again to take the photo.
>af35mii
The AF35 series is the overseas model. It's essentially the same camera but it has some minor variations such as the rewind button being on the bottom of the camera.

Is yours quartz date? I'm not interested in dates on my photos so I didn't get that model but it seems that all of the models with that feature are somewhat broken these days because the screen leaks.
>>
File: af35mii-kent400.jpg (2.79 MB, 1833x2750)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
>>4339786
no QD on mine, but these old cameras never seem to support years this far along anyway so i'm not bothered. Good tip about the self timer lever, will have to try with the next roll. it's such an odd mechanism to what we're used to lol.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS R
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 13.4 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2024:07:21 00:39:04
Exposure Time1/5 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4339822
it's not a tip, it's just the basic operation instructions from the manual lol. I have a lot of blurry photos in my old rolls from fucking up with it too.

Cute dogs
>>
I like it, seems pretty cool camera despite its model name being kind of ghhayyy
>>
>>4339772
I am glad you enjoy it.
>>
>>4339850
Unironically meds. Or six-shooter
>>
>>4339877
It's Sunday, friend.
>>
>>4339772
Pic's?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.