[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: olympus aids.jpg (200 KB, 1280x960)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
Olympus Foam Edition

Post your current/finished DIY projects and share knowledge and info.

I'm trying to fix this OM1 that I got yesterday, I already fixed the lens that refused to stop down. Some linkage inside had jumped out of place so that was an easy one.
>>
thread should have been called /saar/ - simple and advanced repairs
anway just cracked open the back of my D3 to clean under the screen. never could get it back to factory clean
D4 and later had the cover glass bonded to the screen underneath and never requires cleaning
>>
>>4339965
Remember to perform a diode conversion to get the lightmeter back to spec with SR/LR batteries. I use 1N6263 Schottky diodes.
>>
>>4339965
good thread
I was cleaning and replacing light seals on old Minolta SRT-101 but I just fucking realized this camera lacks picrel film spool element
how fucked am I?
where do I get this thingy?
>>
File: IMG_20240403_172135.jpg (2.1 MB, 4032x3024)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
DIY gore
tried gluing a rubber eyepiece on
turns out nothing sticks to silicone

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G960F
Camera SoftwareSAMSUNG
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2024:04:03 17:21:35
Exposure Time1/33 sec
F-Numberf/1.5
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/1.5
Brightness-1/5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypePortrait
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image IDH12LLKF00VM
>>
>>4340139
Thanks for the tip, I'll ask my dad if he's got any, he's an electrician.

I managed to clean the prism, now there are two lines where the lacquer coating ends instead of two large black splotches. Might get a replacement prism, might clean this one off completely and repaint it with Hammerite or something, we'll see.
>>
>>4340241
Nope, just feather the paint with an IPA soaked q-tip. If done correctly you couldn't even tell the difference between it and a pristine prism when looking through the viewfinder.
>>
File: P1010005.jpg (957 KB, 2995x1997)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
>>4340199
Completely rounded a screw holding my eyepiece rubber in. Thanks to using the shit chinesium screwdriver that came with the replacement and my inability to give up.

Short of drilling the screw out which I really don't want to fucking do, would anyone have any better suggestions? I can live with the current eyepiece; it might not be worth pursuing.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-PL7
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.4
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created0000:00:00 00:00:00
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length42.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4608
Image Height3072
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4340260
i have no suggestion but live with it, sorry. sure it sucks but if it works rn in its state, dont attempt a risky fix which may worsen the problem. Use the camera until said problem becomes a real problem which effects using the camera. I cut a pentax p30 focusing screen down to fit in my dslr recently and its got a little dirt in the split prism circle, im not risking taking it out unless necessary because it took 30 minutes fitting it in place due to my bad craftmanship cutting it. Its not pretty but it works , theres no need to worsen what already works like intended, despite its ugliness. if you had a lot of experience driling i suppose maybe, and if therese no voice saying bad idea go for it ? But i doubt thats the case.
>>
>>4340260
Find the largest torx bit that will fit in the hole, then get the next size up and hammer it in (obviously not with a framing hammer or whatever, the handle of a full size screwdriver will probably work). Then apply some downwards pressure as you're unscrewing it, but also don't go full gronk because too much pressure just adds friction.
>>
>>4340250
Feather it how? This stuff isn't dissolving in alcohol.
>>
the M/A-M switch on my nikon 85mm 1.4G doesn't do anything. the lens autofocuses even when the switch is at position M. it's not my camera body that's causing it.
for sure it's better than the other way around but this isn't normal either.
ideas where I should start looking? the flex behind the switch looks fine.
"you should leave it alone" is also OK
>>
>>4340260
get an Allen key (hex wrench) that fits as tightly as possible in that screw head. mix up a dash of J-B Weld, the steel-reinforced epoxy that comes in two tubes you mix. drop the epoxy in the head then stick the key in there. hold the key in place for 24 hours then twist off. bit of a last-ditch thing to try, hopefully the epoxy is stronger than the thread glue.
yer gonna have to make sure that you don't use too much J-B Weld, because you run the risk of it spilling out of the screw head. then you'll have a bigger problem.
>>
>>4339965
Did you ever get any photos of the E2 battery pack?
I've finally got a heat gun.
>>
File: service needed.png (653 KB, 595x867)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
>>4342158
Naw bro the pack is gutted. My friend built a custom batt out of the shell, however the damn thing still wont operate. Accordingly to the manual I need to replace a clock battery AND a "card battery" whatever that means and I can't find where the two batteries are. I've had the whole top disassembled but no batts are to be seen there. It's probably somewhere in the bottom but I can't get the battery release latch off.

I've just shelved the project for now, I can't be bothered.
>>
>>4342173
the card battery is in the memory card so you're gon have to crack that open
the clock battery is probably on the mainboard like a computer's CMOS battery
>>
>>4342187
I've checked every PCB ontop of the camera, no batteries, probably in the underside.

About the memory cards, they're fully sealed, no way im getting those open.
>>
>>4342173
Did you find the clock battery?
Do you have any photos of the original pack internals or the new battery assembly?
>>
>>4342191
no pics of the batterys internals or the assembly, still dont know where the clock battery is
>>
>>4342194
I consulted the manual.
"Card" refers to the lithium battery of an SRAM card being depleted, as the other Anon said.
If you're using a flash card (without a coin battery) that message may be displayed in error due to the dead CMOS battery.
The manual advises to take the camera to your Fujix dealer in order to replace it.
I'll have to study the camera further to figure out where it is.

Can you get some photos of the battery/parts?
I don't want to damage the unit I have.
>>
>>4340260
>shit chinesium screwdriver
you need JIS drivers to work on cameras, not phillips

>any better suggestions
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JCT3W0
>>
>>4340260
>>4342199
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JCT3W0
also if those dont work for removing the screw, you can use them to slowly grind down the head, then hopefully there is enough of the stem left that you can use some needle nose pliers to remove it
>>
>>4340260
>>4342199
>>4342200
Moody's great, but Vessel's the best deal right now:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BYV6PF6
They're also one of the few (if not only) making a 0000 JIS driver.
>>
>>4342204
how bout Hozan?
>>
>>4342208
I've never used Hozan, but they're supposed to be good.
Vessel is explicitly a driver bit manufacturer, though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.