[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bird.jpg (398 KB, 768x1152)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
Currently have a Sony A6600 but its a bit annoying to use due to the lack of physical buttons. Other than that its a fine camera. Because of this I want something with more physical controls. I looked at the Sony A6700, A7iv and Fuji XT-5 but I'm unsure which would be the best. The design of the Fuji feels nicer but the Sonys have better AF. I dont mind switching ecosystems so the question is whats the best option? I'm also open to other suggestions.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6600
Camera SoftwareCapture One Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)223 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness5.8 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length149.00 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height6000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>Sony fixed their weather sealing problems, fuji did not, and likely will never
>xtrans has 2/3s the resolution of its bayer equivalent and more issues with loss of tonality and sharpening artefacts, inherent moire reduction is a lie, the cameras jpeg engine runs software moire reduction because xtrans still has moire
>sony has autofocus that works when you truly need autofocus
>fuji has not so auto, not so focus that doesn't focus when you need it and a lot of fujislugs just use manual lenses because of that
just avoid the fuck out of fuji

Here's a short list of all the truly good buy once cry once tier mirrorless cameras
>sony a6700
>sony a7riv, a7iv, a7rv, a1
>nikon zf, z8, and z9
>canon r7
>canon r8
>canon r6 & r6ii
>canon r5 & r5ii

otherwise get a dslr
>>
>>4340269
>just avoid the fuck out of fuji
Seconding this 100%
Imagine going from best AF to worst in the business, just seems like a terrible decision not to mention everything else this anon stated about Foolji

A6700 seems like the easiest straight upgrade path imho
>>
>>4340278
But it's still a snoy

he wants nice controls. snoy does not have nice feeling controls. snoys are bland industrial products for people that are too busy using the controls every day to think about them more than people think about the controls in cars (which is not at all or everything would handle like a WRX at the worst)
>>
>>4340265
If you have many sony FF lenses you want to keep go with nikon since it can adapt, otherwise fuji has the nicest UX
>>4340269 is straight up lying btw
>>
>>4340284
Its "UX" anon again

Sorry, but these are all widely attested to facts, from the moire to the weather sealing to the autofocus being slow inaccurate garbage that's only acceptable for a walkie talkie vlog. Fuji autofocus is noted for good subject tracking, but poor speed and accuracy.
>>
>>4340287
*WAS noted for good subject tracking
the latest x-t5 firmware update broke that lmfao

Remember, nikon basically committed suicide and only has 2 good cameras almost a decade into mirrorless and they still have more market share than fuji. Fuji is that bad unless you're just shooting cityscapes and copying winogrand down to the method for instagram.
>>
>>4340278
>>4340269
>>4340290
Guess im sticking with Snoy. Now just gotta figure out if its worth moving to FF
>>
>>4340265
I wish I could be friend with a conure without having to lock it in a cage and remove the flight ability

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.