[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there a nice camera for normies around 200-250€ that's better than the latest iPhone?
>>
any dslr in that price bracket from the late 2000's
any compact from the early 2010's in that price bracket
>>
>>4343332
what's bad about new cameras?
>>
>>4343333
you cant buy one for 200-250€ and get better quality than the latest iPhone thats whats bad
>>
>>4343329
check the used market, raise the budget to 400 and get something better
>>
A used Ricoh GR1 should be easily found for that price. IMO the form factor doesn't get any more normie than that.
>>
>>4343329
>camera for normalfags
>better than iPhone
An Android of some kind maybe
>>
eastern block film cameras will still leave you with enough money for a dozen filmrolls
>>
>>4343766
Electronic autofocus SLRs will leave you with money for two dozen filmrolls

864 photos, if one exposure = one photo, get it right in camera, is enough for a year
>>
>>4343769
>864 photos, if one exposure = one photo, get it right in camera, is enough for a year

lmfao no
>>
Oh hey the xe4. Id recognize that non-descript rectangle anywhere.
I paid something like $600 for mine, but that was before they became desirable.

Its certainly better than my iPhone, even for video.
>>
File: DSCF5783.jpg (156 KB, 1200x800)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>4343879
based xe4 enjoyer
i miss mine sometimes. besides competing with the x100s, i think the xe line suffered from lack of pancake lenses that were small enough to suit its size. natively there was the 27, the 18, and that's pretty much it

>>4343329
>Is there a nice camera for normies around 200-250€ that's better than a 700€ device?
define nice, normie, and better

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T3
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.10.8
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)53 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2023:01:20 20:46:53
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Brightness0.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4416
Image Height2944
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Blur StatusBlur Warning
Chroma SaturationNormal
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOn
Auto Exposure StatusOK
Flash ModeUnknown
Focus ModeAuto
Focus StatusOK
Picture ModeManual Exposure
SharpnessNormal
Slow Synchro ModeOff
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4343329
an xe1 with this lens is pretty good i have this setup and its good thanks for posting
>>
>>4343879
I wish I could get my hands on the stuff they're snorting at Fuji HQ. I've been eyeballing the X-E range of cameras for years now and when X-E4 was released I figured I could wait a little and buy one on a deal/second hand.

Instead I blinked twice, they were already taken out of production and became some sought after legacy model. How do you even explain it?
>>
>>4343963
Hypebeast culture is fuji’s way forward into better funding gfx development before phones+AI surpass APS-C (goyim will not care that the photos are not real)
>>
>>4343972
apsc getting 'surpassed' is irrelevant because fuji does not compete on an image quality axis. until phones develop an antique character and gain pleasantly tactile mechanical control points, fuji will continue to beat them
>>4343963
fuji's revenue is instax. the digital camera division is the passion project
>>
i got myself a lumix lx15 and its alright. photos dont really look better than from my phone, but it lets me take photos i otherwise couldnt (tiltable flash, f/1.4 on 1 inch sensor, flippy screen, many picture and control settings). shooting raw reveals strong fisheye distortion and wider angle, so the camera is technically capable of more than advertised.
for me the point was getting a camera experience that replaces my phone
>>
File: 1712534407844.jpg (214 KB, 635x571)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>4343329
I like my gf Olympus pen 8. don't listen to dlsr fags they are huge cameras not made for normies. normies like small and fashionable cameras and will never use anything else than full auto controls.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Image Width635
Image Height571
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:01:11 16:44:14
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width635
Image Height571
>>
>>4344082
True that Fuji X/GFX is only 35-40% of Fuji's total imaging, but that remaining 60% of Instax sales alone does more in revenue than all of Nikon's imaging division
>>
>>4348535
and yet they still can not develop good autofocus, consistently good build quality, or keep their production in japan, or keep their film business running.
>>
>>4343972
>fuji’s way forward into better funding gfx development
lol no, Fuji is first and foremost the instax company now. That’s their bread and butter, gfx is a silly side project.
>>
>>4348538
This assumes that they actually are some kind of unique corporation that cares about unprofitable things, instead of just stacking paper from things that sell well (hint: they aren’t)
>>
>>4343329
This.

Camera SoftwareAndroid UP1A.231005.007.S928U1UES3AXFC
Image Width1080
Image Height1156
>>
I got the XE4 second hand before it was discontinued for 500 ish with a 27mm and have shot some paid work on it. It was supposed to be a B cam but as it was always on me it became a A-.

Wouldn't rely on auto focus for video but for stills it's good enough. It's also small enough that it got me back into shooting Street which I'm eternally thankful for.
>>
>>4343329
A Sigma DP2/s/x can be had for around $200-300.
But you're gonna have to get good. This camera amplifies photography skill -- if you're good, you can take very, very nice photos. If you're not good, your photos will turn out absolute shit.
You GOTTA think about light unless it's full sun. If it's darker than typical overcast, you're going to be running up against issues with noise, so you gotta get creative. You're not going to recover shadows, so the exposure you get is what you get.
It's clunky to use, slow firmware, laggy. It takes seconds to process each photo and has a small cache. AF, while accurate, is slow as to be borderline unusable. You're shooting at ISO 100, or 200 in B&W. It supports up to 1600 but don't even try. The battery gives you about as many exposures as a roll of film. It requires proprietary software (not necessarily Sigma's fault, Sigma tried helping Adobe and others implement their RAW format, but no one cared).
I have never used a camera with more limitations.
But when photos turn out well, they turn out very well. Super sharp, will convince non-believers of "3d pop." Color science is among the best, and even if we're just using RAWs, Foveon colors are a step above. No other camera seems to get greens as vivid yet natural looking as cameras with Foveon sensors.

Highly recommended.
>>
>>4348625
Too much writing. If it was really good you could have sold me on it in a couple sentences.
>>
>>4343329
Sony rx100m7

>But it's not $150!!

Neither is the iPhone 15pro, but it's still cheaper than an iPhone
>>
>>4348630
Tell us when verizon offers crazy financing deals on the product their buddies at apple are actively trying to kill
>>
>>4348634
No. I will not.
>>
>>4343333
They don't make cameras for $250.
Even stuff like Canon SX740 HS is $500 and has like 5 months wait time (maybe).
>>
>>4343329
No. Normies don't benefit from real cameras anyway, except if they need to zoom in.
>>
>>4343329
>normies
Normies, by definition, do not care about learning how to take photos, therefore dedicated cameras are totally wasted on them.
>>
>>4348669
>Normies don't use actual cameras
>Therefore the only people using real cameras are autistic
Woah, Winograd was a retard confirmed

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.