[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PAR48578-1280x893.jpg (448 KB, 1280x893)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
Guys, I'm a newbie. (Matter of fact I don't even have a camera yet)
1. Where can I get a look at photo sessions from renowned photographers? Preferrably downloadable
Like that series with James Dean
i'm more interested in Saul Leiter works, he at least he has photobooks, but what to do with others? Where to look for good sets? Or just google interesting star and by association it have to have top photo author?
2. Also do you think Fuji xt-1/xt-2 nice as a first camera? Maybe there is a better option you think? I would mostly shoot street and def will try out pfp with cute/intresting looking gals (or maybe even guys who knows) and probably nature as well. why not
3. I wanted to ask one more thing, but forgot what exactly

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Macintosh
Photographer© Dennis Stock/Magnum Photos
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2005:04:11 14:00:11
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width6890
Image Height4809
>>
www.magnum.com
>>
There is one of the latest pics that I made and that I like from my phone, r8 plz
Had to compress. may send bigger version if needed, but I hope it is enough to give some feedback, can send more if you don't bother rate it
>>
>>4345221
>>
>>4345220
thanks
is it free or there is some paywall?
Do i need to know smth about that site?
>>
>>4345219
Get a nikon u scrub.
>>
>>4345265
Why? Cause it has good raw?
I wanna something relatively cheap, compact and rather cute desu
>>
>>4345219
Look at photographs that stand out to you and do two things: think about the way it made you think or feel something, and try to imagine the world extending beyond the edges of the frame.

When you have a camera, first start by wandering around in an unfamiliar place to practice taking pictures. This will teach you how to capture your feelings of a place in pictures, and exclude things from the frame to make the scene more interesting.

When you get good at that, do the same in your hometown. It will be a little harder unless you live in a very specific kind of picturesque poverty in a place with an intact community. This will teach you to actually "see" your baseline of normality as opposed to only using it as a measure to understand how other things deviate from it.

For gear, start off with something like a Canon Rebel. Even the 6 megapixel ones are better cameras in a way a lot of modern entry level and midrange cameras aren't, and you can get the bodies for like $50.
>>
>>4345219
Dont fall for the fuji meme

Lots of money for worse performance than a nikon d40. They’re fashion items like a low end macbook vs an uglier but more functional business laptop running windows enterprise ltsb with linux in a VM - same price, the former comes at more costs than just specs. The controls are worse and its basically disposable (very fragile).
>>
>>4345219
>do you think Fuji xt-1/xt-2 nice as a first camera?
I'm the type of person who always fusses out about these types of purchases and one good peace of advice /p/ gave me when I started 5 years ago, was that almost any modern camera for howevermuch money I'm willing to spend will probably be good. Especially for a beginner.
>>
Do yourself a favour and never think about Fujifilm again.

If you're going to do portraits, you'll need a flash.
>>
>>4347171
>It will be a little harder unless you live in a very specific kind of picturesque poverty in a place with an intact community. This will teach you to actually "see" your baseline of normality as opposed to only using it as a measure to understand how other things deviate from it.
can you extrapolate on this
>>
>>4348428
They're just typing words
>>
>>4348397
Yeah if you walk around shooting walls and flowers like the rest of /p/

You dont even need digital either
>>
>>4345224
>>4345220
i think he meant magnumphotos.com
>>
Get a Leica X series camera. X1, X2, X Vario.
Everything you need to take good photos, nothing you don’t.
~35mm equivalent fixed lenses, or 28-70mm equivalent on the vario. 35mm is probably what you’d want to use for Magnumish type of photography anyway. The vario has a slow lens, but again, if you’re doing that kind of photography a fast lens isn’t that important. Even at night, get creative with light.
Vs. the Fujifilm cameras you’re getting a very, very good lens that’ll max out the capabilities of a 16mp sensor. The build quality and design is also a step above. (Fujifilm are good in all of these regards, but Leica is better).
They’re also relatively affordable.
Instead of getting an interchangeable lens camera where you’re just gonna keep buying lenses to try to make yourself better, just get a camera capable of doing some of the best anyway and forces you to get better, then grows with you.
>>
>>4345219
Thanks for awaring me on Dennis Stock OP I love this photo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.