[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hq720.jpg (52 KB, 686x386)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
NOOOO YOU CANT FIT A DIGITAL SENSOR IN A FILM BODY ITS IMPOSSIBLE YOU JUST CANT THERES NO SPACE NOOOOOOO
>Picrel exists
>>
File: Pixii+Max+Hero.png (278 KB, 750x480)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>picrel exists
>>
>picrel exists

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelSLT-A99V
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2018:10:15 19:44:22
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/13.0
Brightness7.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length90.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width600
Image Height627
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
GPS StatusMeasurement Interoperability
Geodetic Survey DataWGS-84
GPS Differential CorrectionNo Correction
>>
File: EPSN4384.jpg (3.97 MB, 3008x2000)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>4348875
Based camera

Equipment MakeSEIKO EPSON CORP.
Camera ModelR-D1s
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution1440 dpi
Vertical Resolution1440 dpi
Image Created2019:02:06 21:42:52
Exposure Time1/340 sec
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash Function
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
>>
>>4349059
Looks nice, do you still have the camera? I would like to get one myself but they are heading for danger territory pricewise.
>>
>>4349059
underexposed
>>
>>4348875
I really wish more of them existed
>>
>>4349059
>worms
>>
>>4348875
>crop sensor
Lmao not a real camera.
>>
>>4348875
all the drawbacks of an old film camera technology with the based film replaced with a shitty digital sensor, wha
>>
>>4349483
So based. Fuck hyper featured hybrids.
>>
File: EPSN4534__01.jpg (1003 KB, 2304x1532)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
Kitty

Camera ModelR-D1s
Equipment MakeSEIKO EPSON CORP.
Image Width2304
Image Height1532
Image Created2022:01:05 11:34:45
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Bias0 EV
Shutter Speed1/1800 sec
ISO Speed Rating800
FlashNo Flash
>>
File: sizecomp2.png (364 KB, 965x480)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
Well if you take a film body and want to keep it the exact same size but digital then the space that leaves you is what the spools take up and the pressure plate behind the film plane, that isn't enough for a battery, sensor, and all the associated electronics. I couldn't find a comparison of the RD1's thickness compared to a film rangefinder but it's thicker than the digital Leicas and they're thicker than their film counterparts.

Also an A7C is only a tiny bit thicker at the lens mount, but a fair bit less in width and height (A regular A7 is almost identical in height to the RD1, but thicker because of the viewfinder extending out the back). So if they rotated the battery and made the body a bit wider it could be comparable. Of course it would then be less ergonomic and getting rid of the grip makes no difference when your lens sticks out further.
>>
>>4349524
you forgot the part where snoy 50mm f1.4 lenses are 20cm long with 72 elements vs inch long m mount lenses
>>
>>4349528
We're talking about bodies, not lenses. Whatever lens you want to put on the RD1 or a Leica you can put on the Sony
>>
File: microlenslets be like.jpg (843 KB, 1920x1075)
843 KB
843 KB JPG
>>4349531
and it's gonna look like this

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern812
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)165 mm
Horizontal Resolution92 dpi
Vertical Resolution92 dpi
Image Created2021:02:16 09:04:26
Exposure Time0.6 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length165.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
I prefer the look I get from my Nokton Classic over my gazillion element Mitakon 65mm
>>
>>4349534
This is a lens that's literally famous and known by name, imagine that
>>
>>4349532
Irrelevant. You could theoretically stick the Leica sensor in the A7C body. My point was that the RD1 isn't some tiny camera that defies convention, it's a big chunker compared to a film rangefinder and that's because it's filled with digital stuff. Take away the mechanical crap and have a couple decades of advancement in tech and you end up with the A7C which is actually small, although still thick because of the limitations of having a digital sensor and a screen.
>>
>>4349541
Bro its literally built on a cosina rangefinder and has the same dimensions
>>
>>4349543
And yet, there are smaller film rangefinders (and digital too). Just because the Cosina was a fatty with empty space inside it doesn't reinforce OP's point that adding digital components doesn't take up any extra room.
>>
>>4348875
>>4348879
>>4348880
Weak b8, all of those have screens. 3/10 made me reply.
>>
>>4349532
kek, this content makes it worth coming here
>>
>>4349545
It doesnt tho

>>4349547
Third one doesnt scandicuck
>>
>>4349549
But it does though. I've already explained this. If you remove the film components from a camera you gain the space taken up by the spools, and the pressure plate at the film plane. Those are the two things that make a film camera a film camera and they don't take up as much space as a battery, sensor, and associated electronics of a digital camera.
>>
>>4349549
I meant they don't have screens but then saw the Epson does. Pixii doesn't.
>scandicuck
Am I though?
>>
>>4349550
Talk to the hand, queer.

>>4349557
You tell me.
>>
>>4349528
They are also actually sharp

The leica f1.4 is not sharp across the field even at f5.6. It also lacks autofocus and auto aperture. For professional photography it is borderline unusable outside of a leisurely studio shoot.
>inb4 skill issue i shoot cats and building corners fine
“Professional” did not have // around the first letter l2read. Pros are all slinging canon flagships for a reason. Hobbyists can miss shots and make excuses about the light level. Paid photographers can not, while being beholden to clients requesting 0 flash.

Hence canon is the #1 brand and leica is somewhere down below sigma bodies.

>>4349532
Thats how it looks wide open on a leica too
>>
>>4349562
>/p/: it was a bit dim and my lens isnt very good until f8 so… slow shutter speed. looks cool huh? art. im basically trevor wisecup. i added grain and did it in b&w too so the iso 6400 noise looks more natural.
>goldberg shekelstein: we are shooting for the olympics. ill give you one chance to go borrow a fucking sony or you’re fired.
>/p/: You mean nikon?
>goldberg shekelstein: you’re fired
>>
>>4349550
Your weird logic conclusion of “they don’t do it therefore it must be impossible” is really gay and lame. I mean look at the rx1. Take the screen away and it’s a small camera. A griii is partway there. “But muh battery muh electronics” yeah yeah daddy snoy hasnt made it so it’s not possible, gotcha.
>>
>>4348880
Winder is a fake thumb grip. Pathetic.
>>
>>4349566
>they don’t do it therefore it must be impossible
I didn't say that. All I am saying is making a camera digital makes it larger, it's inevitable. Just take a look at the Leicas, they made them digital and they got thicker. And that's after they removed the manual winder. You think they're wouldn't make them the exact same size if they could?
>I mean look at the rx1
>Take the screen away and it’s a small camera
It's thinner, partly because it has a fixed screen and also because it has a fixed lens. Yes you could go even further and remove the screen but most people wouldn't be happy with a fixed screen never mind none at all. Because of the complexity of a digital camera not having one isn't really an option, you'll be forced to tether it to a phone to adjust many settings. If this theoretical camera has an EVF then yeah it's doable, but again I don't think many people would enjoy it. Also the RX1 has like a third the battery life of an A7C.
>yeah yeah daddy snoy hasnt made it so it’s not possible, gotcha.
No one has done it, and Sony is the smallest. Other than the Sigma fp but that thing's quite compromised and still just as thick.
>>
File: 1000017957.jpg (1.97 MB, 2000x1330)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
I had an rd1. Awesome camera but for me, one of the main benefits of digital over film is being able to shoot in low light...which that camera can not do.

Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.0
Image Created2024:08:18 13:50:28
Image Width2000
Image Height1330
>>
>>4349571
No, you have to wind the shutter with it after every shot.
>>
>>4349589
such nice colors
>>
>>4349579
The m8 and m9 are thicker. Te rest are the same thickness as their film counterparts.

Retard
>>
>>4349562
>>inb4 skill issue i shoot cats and building corners fine
i like how you pre-emptively called yourself out (we all know you shoot this) so as to not get attacked. but you will get attacked anyway
>>
>>4349562
Correct. The big sony lenses are actually usable at wide apertures, and have automation with all manners of sensors, motors, and PCBs inside. Leica lenses do not.

Notice no one ever mentions all the small lenses for mirrorless (chinese manual focus). They're "too soft" "unusable for the 1st 2 apertures" "might as well shoot micro four thirds". But they are the SAME optical formulas leica uses, and the mtf charts and copy variation are the same. The "glow" (spherical aberration) is the same. The sharpness falloff and vignetting emphasizing the center ("3d pop") are the same. But it's not called leica so then it's just a "crappy lens".
>>
File: 7Q0A7664.jpg (2.59 MB, 3000x2000)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB JPG
>>4349707
chinese lenses have got the "leica look" down to a science kek. The brightin star 28mm pancake here has all the fun stuff. Still haven't developed the film i shot with it but on digital you can see. Comfy af vibes IMHO.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS R
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 13.4 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2024:08:18 21:15:22
Exposure Time1/100 sec
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4349704
They managed to make them thinner over time as technology advanced. My point is when they started, when they put digital components in a film body, they ended up thicker. And again they are not directly comparable because they don't have a manual winder, and it wouldn't surprise me if other internal mechanical components needed to removed or reduced in size to make the newer digital models as small as an M7.
>>
>>4349791
Super weird cope.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (32 KB, 574x534)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
there's plenty of space wym
>>
>>4349792
Not cope, just trying to educate dummies
>>
>>4349889
>trying to educate
>spreads lies and half truths
the absolute hubris of this nigga
>>
>>4349707
The coatings aren't the same.
>>
>>4350027
>noooo there's still a super magical difference leica is worth it i swear
>>
>>4349707
>>4349722
Source? I don't necessarily doubt it. But also I doubt the same amount of care is put into manufacturing even if thr formulas are the same.
>>
I dont get it, what is the problem?
Companies will make whatever the shit they want. Deal with it.
>>
File: leica.jpg (3.15 MB, 4862x2359)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB JPG
>>4350085
It's only true for people that think these all look identical.
No longer have any Leica glass myself, but do have some chinese glass I could make some more similar blind comparisons with against Voigt & others.
>>
>>4350085
Source for what? That’s literally a I picture I took using the lens myself. The fuck you want, a dissertation or something?
>>
>>4350201
>chinese lenses have got the "leica look" down to a science
All you've done is "I think this looks like Leica", but you haven't actually demonstrated that. What specifically do you mean by Leica look? How does a similar image look when it lacks the Leica look? Do you have any direct comparisons with actual Leica glass to show they do look the same?
>>
>leica look
>its just the Tessar and Biotar look
>>
>>4349687
No thats the RD-1 which has a physical winder. I should fucking know..I own one.
The Leica 10D is a faux non functional winder used as a thumbgrip.
>>
>>4348875
>>Picrel exists
Your picrel has an aps-c sensor whereas the film version is full frame. You could have picked any other example, but it seems like you don't even know basic shit
>>
>>4354182
Does.
Not.
Matter.

PLUS YOU IGNORED THE FULL FRAME M10 AND PIXII
>>
>>4350202
The "leica look" is just the "old shitty lens made on shitty ancient equipment" look, but leica charges you 6 grand for a relatively dogshit lens so you're meant to praise it unequivocally and pretend the shitty lens gives photos a "look" that people notice and care about

>>4354214
>Not being able to use the intended FOV of a lens does not matter
Oh buy sure would be nice to shoot this wide ang-
>its cropped
Also, larger sensors always make photos look better. Fax.
>>
File: leicas are big gay.jpg (70 KB, 620x349)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>4350085
here's all you need to know about leica lenses
>leica lenses: collecting dust until a boomer gearfag sees it
>nikkor, zeiss, helios, canon lenses: big name directors of photography constantly buying up every single one and having them rehoused and assembled into matched sets, so poorfags can no longer buy nice lenses for $50
the most famous leica user of all time primarily used a canon lens
>>
>>4354214
Wrong. Anyone who claims APS-C is as good as FF should shoot exclusively with a 2010-era phone. Sensor size doesn't matter right guy?
>>
>>4354281
Nobody said it's as good, just that it doesn't matter.

Ofc you wouldn't know because you don't even like photography.
>>
>>4354281
Actually lets turn your argument around. Anyone who claims FF is superior to smaller formats should exclusively shoot 8x10 slides. Sensor size matters the most, right guy?
>>
>>4354298
Love it actually, cheers
>>4354300
Sensor size does, you got that part right. But not everyone wants to haul around a shit fuck of gear that costs as much as a car. You can't effectively reverse the argument since getting a smaller sensor camera comes with other advantages like price, size, and convenience. Going bigger is a sacrifice to attain a higher ceiling of photo quality, and lots of people have different cutoff points as to where they draw that line.

If you're gonna be a smartass, at least get a good insult in on me or something.
>>
>>4354320
If you're gonna be wrong, at least be humble about it.
>>
>>4354300
That's not how any of that works

FF is better for most people because if you're not a gearfag brandfag and can touch a sony without crying, its just way better than everything and the same size. It's edge cases of autist photography (macro and birds) where you can start really trading IQ for weight and price, or, embrace the autist you are for doing macro and birds and just use a giant setup. Maybe some muscles will bring your sex life into being.
>>
>>4354323
>if you're not a gearfag brandfag and can touch a sony without crying
funny, its always the playstation camera retards
>>
>>4354328
And other things nikon and m43 people say between sperging about charts and measurements

Sony is small, capable, and also affordable. Gearfags will nitpick, sony will remain the #2 brand because it vacuumed up any hobbyist that wasn't hispter enough to shoot fuji and is closing in on canon's microsoft-tier position in the pro market fast.
>>
>>4354323
Exactly, its a ridiculous argument and you agree with me. Now maybe someone will get it.
>>
>>4354332
>Sony is small, capable, and also affordable. Gearfags will nitpick, sony will remain the #2 brand because it vacuumed up any hobbyist that wasn't hispter
The irony is really lost on you, huh
>>
>>4354333
Now

APS-C and FF are the same damn size and price if you're willing to buy used and aren't allergic to sony
>>
>>4354334
>Canon shooters: But muh e shitter fps readout ms 4:2:2 clog all-i longgop 6k burst rate pdaf interpolation...
>Nikon shooters: but muh mm x mm mount to focal length ratio spatial filtering mtf chart at f1.8 incidence angle with a lens with an exit pupil mm from the focal plane and the microlens....
>Sony chads: It's a tiny full frame camera with great autofocus. Fun!
>>
>>4354335
well we're talking about why manufacturers refuse to make small film camera sized SLR's
>>
>>4354367
Because almost nobody wants reflex except for a few hipsters and as a product it would hopelessly try and fail to compete with film.
>>
>>4354368
yet when the suggestion pops up people screech about NO YOU CANT PUT DIGITAL BITS IN SUCH A SMALL SPACE ITS IMPOSSIBLE AAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: a7rii-28mm-rx1r-2.jpg (204 KB, 1080x721)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>4354369
Pffft.

The only thing holding them back is willingness, lack of demand, and having to make a dead-end lens mount.

If you want to ask the big questions, ask why mirrorless mounts are so shallow, when lenses could protrude into empty space just fine. The answer is unfortunate.

Video. The space behind the sensor is occupied in the name of heat dissipation.

Video is also driving the majority of consumer ILC sales now. Youtube quality is really important to people i guess.
>>
>>4354372
Yep, head on the nail.
It's depressing isn't it?
>>
>>4354335
>>4354344
the more I look at a7C the better it looks. But 500g on body alone is kind of pushing it, I've got used to twink NEX-5-ish bodies.
>>
>>4354381
>500g
mfw europeans are so malnourished they now work in g instead of kg to give weights more significance

remember when if it was under a stone it wasnt a meaningful difference? back when men were men!
>>
>>4354372
Are you saying that you want both the bodies to be thinner but also the lens mounts to protrude more, and for nearly all lenses to have protruding rear elements? Sony's bodies are already about at the limit of practical size, make it thinner and you don't have as much room for controls on the top plate, ports on the side, the card slots, you have to start reducing battery size, the EVF is going to have to poke out even further at the front and/or rear. And all of it would be pointless when you've still got the grip sticking out of the front, and people already bitch that Sony's grip is too small so you can't go making that even smaller.
>>
>>4354403
>Thinner bodies
>Shove the sensor as far back as possible
AKA the film camera design paradigm

Lenses should protrude INTO the body, not out of the body. These mounts are too fucking shallow and it shows in the differences between mirrorless lens design and rangefinder lens design. The problem with mirrorless, especially on extreme mounts like nikon, is front heavy setups because the flange focal distance is what it is
>people bitch that sony's grip is too small
Soulless prosumer zoom consoomers aren't people
>>
>>4354404
>Shove the sensor as far back as possible
Do you think they're not already, that they just have needless dead space behind the sensor?
>Lenses should protrude INTO the body, not out of the body. These mounts are too fucking shallow and it shows in the differences between mirrorless lens design and rangefinder lens design.
But that's an issue of lens design, not the flange distance of the mount. If anything you could blame it on all the plastic shit inside the mount preventing elements above a certain diameter protruding into the mount, but that's not the mount distance.
>Soulless prosumer zoom consoomers aren't people
Silly me, I forgot anyone that shoots over 100mm isn't really a photographer
>>
>>4354413
> anyone that shoots over 100mm isn't really a photographer
correct
go back to micro four thirds faggotron!
>>
File: IMG_0297.jpg (110 KB, 800x670)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>4354413
How do you think the m11 is the exact size of a film leica and uses the same lenses? It can’t do video at all and only has one card slot and onboard storage. it doesnt have hdmi, mic, and headphone ports for rigging it up into a camcorder. card slots and ports take up a lot of space.

heat related recording limits would be brutal in a film sized digital camera. the m11 can get warm doing stills. jap cameras have a lot of heat management inside taking up space. boards could be packed tight and consolidated with other parts but aren’t so it gets less hot to begin with.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 21.2 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2020:07:30 09:44:47
FlashNo Flash Function
Image Width800
Image Height670
>>
>>4349059
>keeps on spamming his underexposed, boring ass shot
>>
>>4354420
It also has a fixed screen, only shoots at 4.5fps, and doesn't need to do any processing for AF. HDMI output is still useful for stills so not purely a video feature, and having a single card slot with no remote and flash sync port wouldn't be acceptable on a pro level body. If you don't want any of this stuff and want a slimmer body for giving it all up then guess what, the Leica exists for you so stop moaning. Also they're not actually that small, an A7c is a decent amount smaller in width and height.
>>
>>4354420
>it doesnt have hdmi, mic, and headphone ports for rigging it up into a camcorder
They should just incorporate a Thunderbolt USB-C and use a breakout cable, like Apple.
At least it'd make sense in this application.
>>
>>4354507
>no remote and flash sync port
Can't you just use an adapter on the hotshoe?
>>
>>4354520
I don't use anything other than a hotshoe mounted flash so can't speak for specific use cases, but if manufacturers are continuing to include sync ports then people must be using them. Perhaps they're wanting to use both shoe mounted flashes and something triggered from the sync port, or there are triggers that use a sync port connection but mount in a shoe with no electrical connection through it. Many years ago I used to use a product called a triggertrap that used the sync port and then I added a coldshoe adapter to it for somewhere to mount it.
>>
>>4354536
Hardly anyone uses PC sync for flash anymore, and it has been omitted from lots of mirrorless models. Nikon has only left it on the Z9 for example. Most people use hot shoe based triggers / flashes now, so it's largely vestigial.
>>
>>4354507
>why don’t they make this
>they literally can’t
>but Leica
>just buy the Leica then
Wait, so they can’t? Or they just won’t because basedboy consoomer faggots like you have been gaslit into thinking they NEED cine video capability in their stills cam?
>>
>>4354563
I could go for hybrids if they still weren't coping with hardware limitations.
Imagine not having full RGB recording, even in 1080p.
>>
>>4348875
>NOOOO YOU CANT JERRYRIG A HALF FRAME DIGITAL BACK ONTO AN ALREADY AVAERAGE FILM BODY ITS UNWARRENTED YOU JUST CANT THERES NO DEMAND NOOOOOOO
>Picrel exists

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D80
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.4
Color Filter Array Pattern958
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)135 mm
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014:06:07 19:07:17
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/22.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/22.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance1.00 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Auto, Return Not Detected
Focal Length90.00 mm
Commenthttp://Radojuva.com.ua
Image Width720
Image Height482
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
>>
>>4354579
Such a based camera.
>>
>>4354559
>Nikon has only left it on the Z9 for example
Interesting that it's their flagship model. Like I said I don't use mine but I'd be interested to know how the pros are utilising it. I suppose it's kind of like the ethernet port on either the Sony A1 or A9 (I forget which), for most people USB type C could easily replace it but pros must have some preference for it.
>>
>>4354563
I wasn't saying it can't be done, just that you need to make some compromises to do it. For most people those compromises aren't worth it for a slightly thinner body that doesn't matter when you've still got a big lens and grip sticking out the front. For those people that do want it, get a Leica. Sony, Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pany, etc. have decided that going after the tiny Leica market isn't worth it.
>>
>>4354507
>HDMI output is useful for stills
No, only need USB-C.
>Single card slot
It has internal storage. Internal storage can be serviceable when it finally dies 10 years later. It doesn't need two card slots.
>No remote
It supports wireless triggers.
>Flash sync port
HOLY SHIT NO ONE USES THESE. Please sell your ancient as fuck novatron strobes or get a hotshoe based trigger. Sync ports are an anachronism,
>>
>>4354590
>Its their flagship!
They're also japanese

Tradition and saving face are their primary values. Even when no one uses it, the 5 press photographers that still have gear that uses sync cables and refuse to utilize the hotshoe (which literally does the same thing with a different connection) can not be abandoned.

F mount users sure can though, becuase daddy nikon has to sell some lenses!
>>
File: DSCF0044.jpg (2.14 MB, 3559x2847)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>4354584
I have really come to enjoy it. I don't think it's the CCD, I think it's more just funky colour science as the .TIF's come out really nicely.
>>
File: DSCF0018_S.jpg (3.42 MB, 2024x3024)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
>>4354594
I shoot CCD RAW out of mine and it gives really pleasing and warm colours when I set it to the cloudy white balance setting.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePixS2Pro
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)42 mm
Image Width2024
Image Height3024
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2023:10:30 18:19:48
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight Fluorescent
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length28.00 mm
Image Width2024
Image Height3024
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4354590
i wouldnt put any stock in the design decisions of a company that still releases cameras with integrated battery grips

its speaks to some corporate insecurity by trying to make the cameras as unappealing as possible for everything but paid journalism work with large lenses. are they genuinely afraid of normal people buying it? it's all about their image. there is no advantage to the design of cameras like the z9 and r3. they could cram more mah in with 3 normal battery packs and a battery grip connection that didn't take up the normal battery slot and instead, ran its power through baseplate contacts.
>>
File: DSCF0012.jpg (2.69 MB, 4728x3320)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB JPG
>>4354595
you should try the .TIF setting, there's almost no quality loss, but it takes a while to read/write them. with a 2gb card you get 52 shots on the 12mp mode. I like to set mine to show me a preview of the image and select either save or delete. It makes for a comfy albeit slow shooting experience.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePixS2Pro
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2024:05:31 13:38:49
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness9.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width4728
Image Height3320
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
SharpnessSoft
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOn
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
>>
Reminder:
The ILC market is shrinking because canikon are stuck in the past.
>only muh pros matter!
>>
>>4354604
Well yes. That's why nikon fucking died.
>>
>>4354605
Nikon fucking died because sony killed them. Sony killed them by releasing gear that was small and capable. Sony knew that what professionals LIKE doesn't matter, because they're getting the job done first and having fun last, but what normal people who arent spamming snapshits at big events LIKE does matter because they are having fun first and being required by their employer to shoot a 24-70/70-200 combo NEVER.

Nikon will likely never regain their #2 spot. All things considered they are heading towards #4, fast. If fuji fixes autofocus, and reaching parity with nikons is not a challenge (they are no sony. there are real time comparisons showing the Z8/Z9 AF system getting mogged by the canon R8!), it's most likely over for nikon after seeing the ZF and Z6III turn out to be disasters.

Same way fujifilm murdered micro four thirds as soon as they started adding IBIS.
>>
>>4354610
Fujifilm isn’t murdering any full frame bodies no matter how hard the full framers screw up lol. What level of cope is this. And don’t even try to bring in their hobby macrofourthirds division up on this, they have zero relevance.
>>
>>4354579
that back is kinda ugly but beautiful at the same time.
I miss pre 9/11 world
>>
>>4354592
>Internal storage can be serviceable when it finally dies 10 years later.
only if it's slotted, not welded.
>>
>>4354592
>No, only need USB-C.
Then you need to make sure you always have a type C to HDMI cable and you can't use the port for anything else
>It has internal storage. Internal storage can be serviceable when it finally dies 10 years later. It doesn't need two card slots.
Internal storage is overpriced and will probably be soldered in place, and can't be accessed without the camera being powered. Nor can it be used in another body if needed
>It supports wireless triggers.
And sometimes wired is better, or the only option
>>
>>4354620
Sounds like boomer stuck in a dead paradigm issue
>uses HDMI out for stills
>hot swaps cards
>uses wired triggers
Dont forget your firewire adapter
>>
>>4354620
>can't use the port for anything else
you know that USB can be muxed?
>>
File: Panasonic_CF-62_jpeg.jpg (538 KB, 1623x1664)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
>>4354618
>I miss pre 9/11 world
It was a better place.

>>
>>4354624
turns out the Wachowskis were right saying 1999 the peak of our civilization
>>
>>4354619
Just because you're stupid doesn't mean soldered parts can't be replaced
>>
oh no it's the angry at life™ anon.
abandon thread.
>>
>>4354635
>I like canon cameras.
>guys watch out its canon schizo!
>>What the fuck are you talking about
>abandon thread!
>no one reply to canon schizo!
>>Who
>this is the 7th time i have btfo canon schizo and i have gotten extraordinarily efficient at it!
>Canon schizo: BACK FOR MORE ARE YOU, paid foolji SNOY shill? How late is it in india? It's past your bedtime
>>who the fuck are you people?
>Nikon schizo: Canon schizo, snoy shill, i am here to defeat both of you. I have the power of Z mount. BEHOLD, THE VIGNETTING OF THE 50MM F1.2 VS YOUR RF AND FE GARBAGE. Nikon wins, BABAY.
>Snoy shill: Looks like someone hasn't seen the a7cr
>Guys I just like canon cameras
>Nice try canon schizo no money for you today! I'm buying a pansonic
>>What the fuck is going on
>>
>>4354637
when will it end?
>I prefer sony myself
>No, buy a Nikon
>ITS CLIVE
>who
>ITS CLIVE
We need to re-enable the tripcode feature
>>
>>4354603
I've done that and I ended up with a gianormous tiff that photoshop absolutely refused to even look at without crashing.

Idk it aint workin for me, I like the warmness of my raws, reminds me of kodak film.
>>
>>4354622
Okay so now you need a hub. You sound like the kind of guy who's fine with a laptop with just a couple type C ports because it makes it 3mm thinner.
>>4354621
>uses HDMI out for stills
Useful for displaying images to other people when there's no computer around but there is a tv. Also good for stuff like macro.
>hot swaps cards
Actually most of the time I plug my camera straight into my computer. However it's nice to be able to just plug the card into a reader should the battery be dead. Also when I get a new body I can just move the card over instead of getting ripped off paying for internal storage.
>uses wired triggers
I use a bluetooth one most of the time actually. But should the battery die I have a wired one to use instead, or if I need more range or can't risk interference or delay.
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (47 KB, 800x800)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>4354643
>no one does this at the same time they need other ports, and if you need other ports you have room for a hub anyways, stop bloating my camera for your niche use case from 2006
>its better for consooming, but not for living with your consoomption? sounds like japanese business alright. the point of buying one is to buy another one later.
>doomsday prepper tier autism? leica has you covered
>>
>>4354643
>the kind of guy who's fine with a laptop with just a couple type C ports
We should go back to ExpressCards.
>>
>>4354646
>the guy who thinks he will be important soon when the world needs him to hack the pentagons wifi with one dongle, read a CD, while tethering via firewire, print, and scan all at the same time to save the USA from islamic gommunism
My laptop has a few type C ports, a few type A ports, an HDMI port, an SD card slot, and a mini ethernet port which is the only annoying one because it's not really a standard anywhere.
>>
>>4354644
>no one does this at the same time they need other ports, and if you need other ports you have room for a hub anyways, stop bloating my camera for your niche use case from 2006
So no one ever wants to charge their camera while also displaying images?
>its better for consooming, but not for living with your consoomption? sounds like japanese business alright. the point of buying one is to buy another one later.
I don't even know what you're trying to say. Shit breaks and technology advances.
>doomsday prepper tier autism? leica has you covered
Batteries run out, that's hardly doomsday prepper tier

>>4354646
I wouldn't buy a laptop unless it has at least a couple full size USB, headphone port, SD reader, and preferably a dedicated display output in addition to a couple type C ports.
>>
>>4354648
You know, I never realized my current laptop has a built-in HDMI port until now.
>>
>>4354640
>I've done that and I ended up with a gianormous tiff that photoshop absolutely refused to even look at without crashing.
1) skill issue
2) photoshop issue, affinity or c1 would handle it smoothly
>>
>>4354650
>So no one ever wants to charge their camera while also displaying images?
No, most people's TV are gobshite. Their smarthpnes and tablets have superior displays. And they use wifi to move their snapshits from their cameras there.
>>4354650
DP over USB-C isn't worse in any technical measurement than DP over DP cables.
>>
>>4354663
And nobody views photos on TV except for your dad, usually about when the whole family pours another round of drinks (and make them doubles)

Then again we're talking about japanese camera design here. The world's cringiest dad is their target audience.
>>
>>4354663
>No, most people's TV are gobshite. Their smarthpnes and tablets have superior displays. And they use wifi to move their snapshits from their cameras there.
Smartphones and tablets aren't convenient for showing photos to multiple people at once.
>DP over USB-C isn't worse in any technical measurement than DP over DP cables.
No, but I have a handful of various display cables (HDMI to HDMI, DP to HDMI, and DP to DP in all size combinations) but not a single type C to display cable. Most of them have come free with various devices and displays I've bought over the years.
>>
>>4354669
>Smartphones and tablets aren't convenient for showing photos to multiple people at once.
between zoomers and alphas? instagram and discord are.
>>
>>4354670
Sure, I'll just go and upload a bunch of photos instead of just plugging the camera in. I have actually been in the situation before where I've taken some photos at a family event and then people want to see them. My parents don't have either of those apps, neither do most of my young nieces and nephews, and even if they did I'm not going to go through that effort to upload them and then ask them to log on.
>>
>>4354640
Huh, I guess it's another W for darktable
>>
>>4354680
A personal website running some gallery app is the answer so you can just upload a folder and it'll thumbnail, resize and create an album automatically

I wrote something like that once, but it was very shonky

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.