[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: heisnot180.png (448 KB, 402x619)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
I'm getting a monopod for the first time and why the heck are all so short? Im 5'11" and want to use my viewfinder without hunching constantly, yet most monopods max out below 160cm (5'3")

Pic related is from Ulanzi, and whilst they are an el cheapo brand, the high-end monopods are still pretty short; some are actually shorter. Is this cause I"m expected to use a ball head or lens ring?

I might just have to buy one of those 2-in-1 travel tripods because the centre stock of those usually works as a tall monopod.
>>
Just get a tripod instead, monopods are barely worth it, I own two and they've never helped me get a shot that I couldn't just do hand held.
>>
>>4352914
mono pods are for boomer faggots with more money than sense
>>
Try a finnstick. If they can work for binoculars then I see no reason why they wouldn't also work for cameras.
>>
>>4352914
I just use my walking stick.i threaded a stud into the top of it with a little ball on it. When i want to use it as a monopod i remove the ball & pop the camera on it instead. The bottom of it is a steel spike, so i can drive it into the ground if need be to get it to be still. …i live in northern Wisconsin, so I walk with it anyway (once in a blue moon you’ll get a bear a little too interested).
>>
>>4353196
really must've strained yourself to come up with a counter argument/insult for the sake of it. all the best to your caseworker.

>>4352914
I'd look into hybrid trekking poles if you want something sturdy, but personally i'd go a carbon fibre tripod and just never fold the legs out. can always have a strip of velcro tying the legs together if you're worried about them splitting (any cable management strap should work just fine for this)
>>
>>4352914
>what's the deal with these short, Chinese made stands.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.