[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DaVinci_Resolve_Studio.png (603 KB, 1024x1024)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
Under what circumstance would anyone use Premiere Pro over this?
No I am not a fucking shill, I am genuinely amazed of its capabilities and at the same time EXTREMELY infuriated that I used POS Premiere Pro for YEARS
>>
>>4354299
>Under what circumstance would anyone use Premiere Pro over this?
Network effects.
>>
>>4354299
The company paying for it.
>>
>>4354299
>ui that's not customisable
get out of here, lmao
>>
What do you like about it?
>>
>>4354386
>NO YOU JUST REALLY NEED CUSTOMIZABLE UI OKAY? DON’T ASK ME WHY, YOU JUST NEED.
>>
>>4354426
Almost everything. It’s waaaaay more stable, runs smoother, much easier to colour grade, saves literally on every key stroke, much more adaptable, and it basically got an AE variant built in.

My only complaints so far is that I am used to Premiere Pro shortcuts so it still takes a while to learn.
>>
>>4354444
i vaguely recall ltt tried switching but stayed with adobe for whatever reason. so theres probs reasons why
>>
>>4354457
ltt proved during his 'emergency' episode when he had to restore his server from backups that he has no fucking clue about tech or hardware or feeding himself with two hands so idk why you would take his advice about software of any kind
>>
>>4354457
PP is okay if all your do is slapping clips together and are willing to be a good goy cattle and pay Adobe monthly
>>
>>4354540
>Isn't using GenP

NGMI.
>>
>>4354540
I mostly do tiktok these days, would you recommend I try davinci first? I use capcut but I want to upgrade
>>
>>4354550
I wouldn't use it even if I pirated it.
>>
>>4354589
I mean just putting clips together is as easy on Davinci as it is on Premiere Pro, maybe even more convenient due to some features I found under the Cut tab like automatically pushing clips ahead to the left if you delete something in the middle.
>>
>>4354589
if you have an apple PC seriously consider FCPX. even people as tech retarded as f1rpm can whip up nice shit in it.
>>
Da Vinci Resolve has much higher hardware requirement. That's another reason why you use Adobe sh1t instead.
>>
>>4354299
>isn't Adobe subscription shit
That alone already makes it better.
>>
>>4354589
Just use Windows Movie Maker, you don't need anything more than that for such low effort crap.
>>
>>4354728
kdenlive is better
>>
>>4354299
I have to make a comp, and my source media is a .vob rip off a dvd, recently shot 30fps 10bit interview footage, some 20fps 8mm footage, an interlaced full 4:3 vhs transfer of a lost original and a second source thats a bad P&S 16:9 crop at a different frame rate but is in color. And 30 fucking random historic clips of B roll.

I can just add each of those source files straight into premiere. In Blackmagic or FCPX I have to convert every fucking source into humongous ProRes ingest format working files, and I’m stuck having to keep those forever bc if I dump them, I’ll never be able to reopen and work on the project again.
>>
>>4354727
>Any time after 1997
>paying for adobe when you just use it for lulz
Duh, Haxnode
>>
>>4354299
>Under what circumstance would anyone use Premiere Pro over this?
It's a matter of habit, I would rather just use pirated Premiere since I already know how to use it, than spend X amount of time to learn Resolve and have a castrated experience unless I pay or pirate again.

I get what's good about it, just don't need anything more than Premiere.
>>
>>4354299
>does not support webm
>can't change framerate during project
>shit ui

I'm not a fan of Premiere, but this shit is way worse to work with.
>>
>>4354728
>low effort crap
That's entirely dependent on you...
>>
>>4354386
i'm sure that you autistic set up is much better than the pro's using it daily making nice grades. Maybe you should adopt it and learn how to use it. You don't need their wheel hardware to git gud.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.