[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5647 — kopia.jpg (178 KB, 1000x666)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Please recommend me a RAW editor. I've been using Rawtherapee for a long time but got fed up with how slow it is. Tried CaptureOne and it's awesome, but I can't afford it since I'm an amateur. inb4 Lightroom, fuck Adobe.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2022:10:29 15:15:20
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length70.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
JUST PIRATE CAPTURE ONE YOU FUCKIN RETARD
>>
>>4354808
Would do that, but I can't find a newest version and the older one won't read CR3 files from my R100. Also, you're fucking rude.
>>
>>4354810
>Also, you're fucking rude.
Go to reddit then. I'm sure you can find a newer torrent just try harder
>>
>>4354800
darktable works for me. does everything i want it to and has some cool unique modules that lightroom and shit dont have.
>>
>>4354817
Could be helpful instead of being a prick
>>
>>4354826
only thing is that it doesn't have AI fill tools but lets be honest if you're using AI fill it's so unbelievably joever for you as a photographer
>>
>>4354827
yeah but not when you can just google it
if you wanna use some cucked software cos you are too lazy to google until you find a decent torrent then u do u
>>
File: 1708492011260644.jpg (274 KB, 1500x938)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>4354800
https://www.pixelmator.com/photomator/
>>
>>4354800

i remember trying canon digital image professional freeware for canon raw
>>
>>4354810
Not nearly as rude as you are dumb you little shit.
>>
>>4354827
go back >>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1724316778320289.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>4354826
im also using darktable, but i have a workflow that involves very little editing.
>set exposure level
>apply a film preset that i made from a one of the t3mujinpack presets
>sometimes apply another exposure layer with a gradient mask. only necessary sometimes when streetshitting.
>export module preset includes paths to my file storage with my path/filename convention
>organize exported photos into albums (everything in directories, no database garbage) with digikam
>suck 4 dicks in a row, deepthroating
>>
>>4354800
Capture one + topaz photo AI

>>4354828
It also doesnt have AI masking for manual edits, doesn't have professionally made camera profiles, lacks corrections for most lenses, and i have legit never seen someone post a photo with good colors editing in darktable. They look like sony jpegs.
>>
>>4355685
>AI masking
why don't you just make le digital art with photoshop. If you need this there's obviously no point in you owning a camera.
>>
>>4355688
>bro i draw my masks by hand that means im a real photographer
>bro i cut my masks by hand that means im a real photographer
gearfag. i'll give you two options
1: go buy another camera the one you have now isnt for real photographers. shoo shoo.
2: read the negative and the print by ansel adams and start thinking of photography as an image making art instead of a camera using competition
>>
>>4355685
>Capture one + topaz photo AI
same here, i'd probably drop topaz if C1 upped their NR game
it has been nice for upscaling some old / low res images though
>>
>>4355696
>y-you're a gearfag!!!
Lol. Nice try. No one mentioned gear but you, faggot. Since you obviously don't speak English, here's the facts: you are a bad photographer because you need to nuke all your building corner photos with 60 layers of AI bullshit before it even comes close to resembling what any other novice photographer could take SOOC. The truth hurts, doesn't it pussy?
>>
>>4355706
>seething this hard over modern darkroom work
you sound angry

daddy issues?
>>
/p/ watches a professional work
>NOOOO YOU CANT JUST AI MASK THAT SUBJECT
>*click*
>THIS IS PHOTOGRAPHIC LIES
>*lightens her skin*
>TAKE A GOOD PHOTO SOOC YOU ARE RUINING THE NY STREET POTENTIAL THIS WOULD HAVE HAD IF YOU SHOVED A 28MM IN THEIR FACE
>*clones out a pimple*
>NOOOOOO
>>
>>4354810
at least he's not a fag
>>
>>4354800
Digikam.

Hahahahha no, don't fuckin do that to yourself. Pay for C1 or pirate it. The cost of buying it is the fee for not being willing to set up VMs to check what torrents are safe or not. Airgap a VM, start downloading shit, and the first one that doesn't turn your machine into a bitcoin miner you start using for realsies. Free software is a cope.
>>
>>4355710
>>4355713
>samefag
This is sad, anon.

Also >>>/ic/
Leave photography to real photographers. Go paint on your iPad, if you want to cosplay an artist with AI crutches.
>>
>>4355706
>>4356020
I'm confused, do you think SOOC images, or ANY digital images for that matter, are somehow "pure"?
>>
>>4356046
>Shoot raw
>No demosiacing, lens corrections, added contrast etc.
mmmmm pure
>>
>>4356046
He isn't a good artist, so he copes by being a good camera man.

If you can't brag about having creative vision then you need to brag about shooting manual and never cropping and never retouching and never doing anything but selecting a film sim on your fuji (that makes it more artistic than adding it in post)
false skill
>>
>>4356046
>>4356126
Sad samefag nophoto
>>
>>4356133
>schizo status: wrong
i'll say it again

you focus on avoiding editing because being good at aiming and controlling a camera is easier than being good at expressing yourself using a camera at some point in the artistic process.

the hylics pride: a level horizon without any digital aids or post processing
>>
>>4356046

You want pure accuracy and realism? Shoot Ektachrome with a B+W KR1.5, and view it directly with a high quality loupe!

P.S. I prefer to warm mine up a bit with a KR3.
>>
>>4356133
That's your singular available cope lol. And no, I'm not the same guy. It doesn't seem to occur to you that you're just being stupid and people can call you out for that. I think you can't even begin to fathom how much mathemagic goes into digital cameras

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.