[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey so this is retarded.

I'm trying to find my shutter count for my 80d but after an hour of google it seems there's only paid apps for mac (I have windows) or sending it in to canon to get the shuttercount (Fuck off canon)

Is there literally not a way to check the shutter count of the camera I own on PC or android?
>>
you probably are retarded yeah
https://cameraflappercount.net/en/shutter-count/canon/canon-eos-80d
>>
>>4354857
Link doesn't work?
>>
>>4354857
Oh changed to shutter to make it work.

Still doesn't work with 80d though.
>>
Bait confirmed
>>
>>4354854
Canon basically wants you to just send it in for a CLA if you want an accurate shutter count, so they can squeeze a few more shekels out of you.

Should have bought a Nikon
>>
>>4354854
ask anyone on earth who owns a Mac to open the last photo you took in preview, go to the little i for Inspector, click on the camera tab and there's all your camera info with the explosure # right there.
>>
>>4354854
Liveboot linux from a usb, install gphoto2 and try this:
gphoto2 --get-config /main/status/shuttercounter
You should be able to install it on a mac too but I can't help with that.
>>
Doesn't CanonEosDigitalInfo work with the 80d?
>>
My 5D MKI is the same. For some reason you have to send it in to canon to obtain the shutter count. I wish there was a hack to figure it out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.