[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5367.jpg (4.86 MB, 4368x2912)
4.86 MB
4.86 MB JPG
Anyone know what is going on with my camera? I just got a Canon 5d classic and all of a sudden there sre black bars on the lower portion of my photos. I took the lens off and it looks like the mirror only flips up half way when taking a photo. If I turn the camera vertical it works just fine though and flips up all the way. Reslly odd. J suspect it might be caught on something? I know the 5D has mirror issues but I havent heard of this before. The shitty part is that this 5D was in pretty mint condition otherwise with very few acctuations.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 9.5.0 (Android)
Photographerkarube
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2024:09:15 10:42:12
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating320
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 1700769065852407.jpg (22 KB, 332x1024)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>xe felled for the used dslr meme because namefag said it was "joy" and "sovl"
>>
Not all that surprising that a nearly 20 year old mirror mechanism isn't working correctly. Many mechanical components require lubrication which can break down over time, dry up, and gum up. If the camera hasn't been used much and has probably been sitting unused for a while that's not actually a good thing. I would say send it out for a CLA (clean lube adjust) but it will probably cost you more than just taking a risk on another body. Or stop being poor and buy something newer.
>>
File: failed-shutter.jpg (272 KB, 775x1000)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>4360463
>Or stop being poor and buy something newer.
>if its new and expensive, it has to be good!
t.conSOOMer
>>
>>4360521
There was a bad batch of these

Sad for the consoomers who rushed out to buy the new shiny, but for based usedchads these all got filtered out within the first year and now we can buy a7iiis in peace, especially with all the consoomers who sold working ones that already had some mileage on them who drove the prices artificially lower for a few years.
>>
>>4360399
I had this exact same problem with an Olympus E300, it's just the mirror mechanism getting gummed up. I was able to remedy it by flowing a little ethanol on the joints of the mirror arms with an eyedropper and gently moving the mirror back and forth. Just be careful not to get any solvents elsewhere inside the camera if you try this.
>>
>>4360399
>mirror
yeah, stone age tech lol
>>
>>4360524
why would anyone buy a babymount playstation?
>>
File: sony a7IV.jpg (925 KB, 1512x4040)
925 KB
925 KB JPG
>>4360524
>It was just a bad batch!
Who's gonna tell him?
>>
>>4360521
I meant something like a 5D II or III, but of course you had to bring up Sony
>>
Now you can take kino shots in a cinematic aspect ratio.
>>
>>4360687
>video to stills
Deserved
>>4360683
Wait til you find out that the first cameras didn't have mirrors
>>
>>4360678
Would isopropyl alcohol work as well? Idk, sounds kinda risky. I might just take it to the camera store near me and see what they say.
>>
>>4360733
>Would isopropyl alcohol work as well?
Yes, it'll work just as well if not better.
>Idk, sounds kinda risky.
There's always some risk with DIY fixes, but so long as you're careful to only apply the alcohol in small spot on the hinges and let it all evaporate before you start firing the shutter, the alcohol shouldn't go anywhere that could cause damage. I used picrel, the long thin nozzle makes it easy to apply just a drop on each hinge point. Kept using that E300 for a while after applying that fix and the problem didn't come back.
>I might just take it to the camera store near me and see what they say.
Worth a shot but it'll likely be expensive, probably close to what you paid for the camera.
>>
>>4360745
Reporting back thst it didnt work. Im just gonna take it to the camera store tomorrow. Guy i bought it from said hed refund me if the cost to repair was too much.
>>
File: camera error.jpg (539 KB, 1511x2016)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>4360399
Look on the bright side, at least it can still turn on and take pics!
>>
>>4360694
We have a resident Sony shill that loves to use "lol poor" as an argument. Don't blame anon for being on guard.
>>
>>4360928
That may be so but you'd have to be actually poor to buy a 5D classic
>>
>>4360927
Damn that sucks. Guess I have to be grateful for my half pictures.
>>
>>4360935
I jist think its a fun camera. If I do end up returning it ill probably just get something newer.
>>
>>4360922
Dang, sorry it didn't work for you. Hope you can get it fixed without much more cost/headache, at least the seller isn't being a jackass about it.
>>
>>4360928
>We have a resident sony shill
No, we just have a couple of manic retards (clive and the gearfag german that milled through 3 identical m4/3 bodies and complained the whole time) who spastically shitpost with the same 12 images of dead sony cameras and ignore the 12 million they sold last year.

In the case of clive, he has a parasocial relationship with a fucking brand and has a need to defend nikon. The german is salty because he went broke and now copes with a damaged z6ii without functional IBIS and is eternally conscious of the fact that he actually lost money switching cameras around and probably would have been happier and richer if he bought an a7iv and some tamron lens like everyone else.

It's always the nikon users isn't it? Ambush and sugar are nuts too. Ken rockwell is nuts. Sanity escapes people until the fuji-sony-canon trifecta of "brands that make everyone on /p/ seethe".
>>
File: gqidi.jpg (10 KB, 270x380)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>4360942
>schizo anon making up imaginary stories about his imaginary antagonists
>>
>>4360942
The german retard is probably half the annoying mft shilling too

>>4360951
Small board jose.
>>
>>4360942
I shoot Nikon and Olympus but I'm not who you're talking about, am I clinically insane too?
>>
>>4360962
>doesnt shoot canon and fuji instead
you are nuts
>>
>>4360994
>fuji
laughable kek
>>
>>4360962
>>4360994
The only insane shitters shoot Panasonic and Pentax
>>
>>4360951
Snoyschizo doesn't realize he fell into the same insanityhole as Clive and manages to make him look normal and well adjusted even right at times. I actually think he hates Nikon more than Clive hates Sony.

>>4361139
You really have to have something wrong with you to wanna shoot Pentax. Or you just really wanna snap pics of stationary objects.
>>
>>4361151
Everyone hates nikon anon
>entire brand outsold by the x100vi
kek fuji won
>>
>>4361160
Nikon shooters actually post photos doe
>>
File: rentfree.gif (2.56 MB, 933x720)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>4361151
>Snoyschizo doesn't realize he fell into the same insanityhole as Clive and manages to make him look normal and well adjusted even right at times. I actually think he hates Nikon more than Clive hates Sony.
>>
>>4361244
That 26 is the single worst lens I've ever owned.
>>
>>4361151
>Thinking there's just one "snoy schizo" (everyone who finds your sony spamming mentally disturbed)
Kek.
>Thinking every fat fuck brand fanboy mad about pancakes is clive
KEK
>Thinking you can spot people named Anonymous
K3K
>>
File: IMG_20240521_221732.jpg (2.72 MB, 4000x2250)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
I think I got the same problem too.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelRedmi Note 9S
Equipment MakeXiaomi
Sensing MethodNot Defined
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4000
Image Height2250
Image OrientationBottom, Right-Hand
Image Created2024:05:21 22:17:35
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
ISO Speed Rating114
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure Time1/33 sec
Focal Length4.74 mm
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Light SourceD65
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure Bias0 EV
Image Height2250
White BalanceAuto
Brightness-0.1 EV
Image Width4000
Exposure ModeAuto
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>4361851
It's 1200d, kinda shitty camera but I had a lot of fun shooting with it than my m50.
>>
>>4360942
>loser lists all of the people who make him seethe

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.