[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: boganfrog.png (11 KB, 224x224)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Ausfags, help a mate out, I know you guys lurk here.

>doing wildlife photography in Victoria, I live next to wetlands and grassland.
>get some nice heron pics
>oh sweet some lorikeets, that's cool
>oh those ducks look nice the morning light
>alright now to try some new stuff
>oh it's just birds
>it's JUST birds, guys

I feel like I'm doomed to photograph the same birds for eternity because I'm not close to bushland. Is Australian wildlife really this boring? I saw a blue-tongue lizard last week and my heart jumped cause I finally saw a living thing without wings. I see a few dead roos on the highway but the living ones are quite far from where I live. I'm not a birder, lads, I actually want to take interesting photos.

Still not as boring as western Europe though.
>>
>>4360954
Try shooting abbos. You’ll win awards. People always appreciate it when a good strayan lad shoots a bunch of abbos.
>>
How can it be so boring when all I hear about Australia is how the wildlife is trying to kill you 24/7? Wake up in the morning, a spider bigger than a dinner plate is sitting on your face. Go to take a shit, a spider just crawls up through the pipes and into your rectum. Walk out the front door, a roided-out kangaroo kicks you into the next town. You try to get up, but a pack of angry dingos tears you apart. A koala gently rests its double penis on your severed head.

Can't you just take pics of some of that stuff?
>>
File: wren.jpg (222 KB, 1600x1068)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>4360966
It's not that bad, especially where I live. I live along the south-east coast of Aus and down here it's not really what it's like in the movies. The weather is quite temperate here (still gets hot as hell) but the weather is not conducive to widespread populations of giant huntsmen spiders; I only see a few per year.

Koalas, kangaroos, and platypus generally live in more rural areas in the bush. The only dangerous thing where I live are a) magpies b) snakes. Also we're probably close to driving koalas to extinction right now.

The only kangaroos i see on a daily basis are on military-owned land, which I am not allowed on. It's a shame, they don't actually use that land for anything other than golf now.

>>4360958
This is on the same level of street photographers taking photos of the homeless for clout.

pic related is one of the prettier birds where I live
>>
File: 100_5976_2.jpg (2.18 MB, 1500x2000)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
the cool thing about this hobby is that it forces you to go outside to engage in it. if you have any other hobbies then bring a camera with you to document it. alternatively go travel to new places and take photos of places you went to and have fun

i guess my point is dont force yourself to do birds either, just go outside. maybe try less is more and bring a 10 y/o snapshitter or a single lens for everything

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
Do you have any zoos you can visit nearby? Might be worth a try. If not, then I agree with the first guy who suggested shooting the gasoline huffers. They definitely look....exotic
>>
>>4360989
Yes, we have some pretty decent open-range zoos but that feels like cheating? I'm not one of those guys who treats wildlife photos like a sport but I like being out in nature and being in a zoo isn't like that. I am considering it more and more though.
>>
>>4360992
I agree that it's not as sporting, but you gotta hunt where the ducks are. Plus maybe you'll see some other nerd with a camera and you can ask them if they have tips as to where to go.
>>
Any BRISCHADS
>>
I feel like doing this shit makes me go new places, which I find healthy. Problem is the country is so fucking large that often means a day trip at a minimum.

I live near the blue mountains and only recently decided to fuck off into the proper peaks and hills. Well worth it. I just think you gotta expand your locations a bit. Maybe organise a trip to the south coast, or Mt. Kosciuszko.
>>
File: _1262341.jpg (4.76 MB, 2400x1599)
4.76 MB
4.76 MB JPG
>>4360954
bugs?

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDC-GH5M2
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.8.1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image Created2024:09:16 16:56:36
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating640
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2400
Image Height1599
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeManual
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerUnknown
Macro ModeNormal
Shooting ModeManual
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
>>
As an anon with friends in Australia I'm honestly curious what average life looks like there

Do some street photography anon, shit like bookies, races or down the pubhmxw
>>
>>4360954
Your cunt is also famous for having snakes, spiders, insects, lizards, jellyfish, crocodiles, marsupials and fish; go shoot some of them.
>>
>>4360954
>doing wildlife photography in Victoria, I live next to wetlands and grassland.
uh then drive 3 hours from werribee or whatever western suburbs shithole you live in to the grampians or great ocean road or the murray. victoria is ez mode in terms of distances
>>
File: IMG_0022.jpg (387 KB, 1500x1000)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>4361047
City life is more about dodging the local meth'd out bogan than wildlife. Other than that it's a very nice, Western, people are pretty chill, going out to pubs or just hanging out at the river. Lots of fresh brown migrants fucking you out of ever owning a house though. Once you get out to anything remotely not-city then it's bugs, spiders, snakes, ocassional dropbear, lots of bush and plenty of fresh outdoor areas.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS R50
Lens Size55.00 - 250.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.1.0
Lens NameEF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2024:09:17 14:03:22
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length124.00 mm
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeAv-Priority
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationHigh
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
Subject Distance25.500 m
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix34
>>
>>4360954
>>oh it's just birds
>>it's JUST birds, guys
like everywhere else. guess why bird photography is so popular. because birds are everywhere and you don't need to track them through the bush for days
>>
>>4360972
>The only dangerous thing where I live are a) magpies
heh I've seen that episode of Bluey. wondered if it's really this bad in straya
>>
>>4360992
>zoos but that feels like cheating?
that's what most amateur wildlife photogs do most of the time. unless you can afford an expedition to some remote wildlife refuge where you stay for days/weeks to shoot some fucking rare cat/bear/cow you will have to visit zoos. see it as an exercise
>>
>>4361093
>you don't need to track them through the bush for days
If you want to get the actually cool ones you kind of do
>>
>>4361096
there are no cool birds
>>
>>4361107
What about cassowaries?
>>
>>4360954
It depends entirely on what part of the country you're in. If you're in Queensland, you'll see a shitload of wildlife if you go to some national parks (and tonnes of lizards in Brisbane, they're everywhere). But if you're in SA or WA, you'll see jackshit other than birds and kangaroos.
>>
File: IMG_3663.jpg (67 KB, 620x413)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>4360954

Photograph one of these op, the point of birding is the challenge of finding the rarer birds, it’s the hunt. Just going and photograph the first bird you see is obviously kind of boring.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width620
Image Height413
>>
File: DSCF0003_01.jpg (4.34 MB, 3277x4692)
4.34 MB
4.34 MB JPG
>>4360954
There's plenty of beautiful places to shoot in Australia, you just need to look. Bonus points for Tassie fags.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePixS2Pro
Camera Softwaredarktable 4.2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2024:05:10 07:05:16
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness8.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width3277
Image Height4692
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOn
Picture ModeManual Exposure
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
>>
>>4362808
That's a really nice picture, I like that a lot. Something about it being on tarmac makes it more interesting than the average bird picture.
>>
>>4362996
>Tasmania
Not a real place
>Woolloomoloo
Real place

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.