[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cameraya.jpg (396 KB, 983x592)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
Is Sony A6100 or A6400 a good upgrade from Sony Nex 3?
>>
A6100 is gimped. I'd avoid.
>>
>>4361738
>aps-cope cams intended to be worse than the full frame models
Buy e-m1 ii
>>
>>4361738
Yes, it would be lightyears ahead of the shitty first gen NEX UI. Having said that though, Sony has the worst UI of any brand. So its like going from bad rotten tasting shit to almost okay tasting shit (but its still shit).
>>
I've got like 1-2k to play with for a frame + a couple of prime lenses for portrait photography and low light gigs

Should I keep saving and get an a7c or just buy an a6400 now and go for the cropped sensor meme
>>
>>4361907
Buy an a7iii instead for the entire shutter and usable evf
>>
>>4361909
Is the EVF really that bad on the a7c? I've used smaller Sony evfs before on the rx100 and that seemed fine. What's wrong with the shutter?

I might give both a shot

But considering an a6400 is half the price of an a7iii here I might just go for that, granted i don't know too much about crop lenses
>>
>>4361912
Yes its bad even for an EVF
>a6400
Extremely poorly built camera with no IBIS

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerMISIEK
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>4361916
wow, it looks just as low resolution as a DSLRs OVF!
>>
>>4361907
Unless you really hate the evf bump or just like the aesthetics get an a7iii. Its the same sensor with better controls and a better evf and the exact same sensor. As for crop cameras the a6400 is alright if a bit pricey.
>>
>>4362160
I do hate the EVF bump

It makes the a7 look like an incel camera, it will repel normies

>No hump
Stylish
Artist
Pioneer
Social
Chad tier guy

>Hump
Incel sitting in bushes with a telephoto lens
>>
File: takeyourmeds.jpg (38 KB, 554x554)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>4362543
wtf?
>>
>>4361738
>Is Sony [...] good [...]?
No. It's time to switch systems
>>
excuse me aya is MY wife, do not post her
>>
>>4362546
he's not wrong though. the bump was a necessity with SLR designs. with mirrorless we could do away with it but greedy camera jews would have to pay for new moulds so they kept the dumb design
>>
Would Aya be a gearfag
>>
>>4366740
It's necessary because it allows for a larger higher res EVF. The A7C models make a compromise to get rid of the hump.
>>
>>4366757
Nah that's because they're recycling older EVF they have in stock

They could produce a better EVF but why when they can just stick in an old a6400 EVF and sonyfags still buy it

Look up the specs, it's basically the same
>>
>>4361738
Save up a little more for a used a6700 if you have a collection of Sony apsc lenses built up, used a7III if you don't and you can start building up a FF lens collection. The a6100/a6400's ergos are dogshit and once you have a decent sized grip with a front dial you won't want to go without them ever again.
>>
>>4361738
If you want the proper APS-C experience get a Fuji. Sony is a meme. Even micro four turds is better than that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.