[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ansel Adams (1902–1984) was an iconic American photographer and environmentalist, best known for his black-and-white landscape photographs of the American West, particularly Yosemite National Park.
Born in San Francisco, Adams originally trained as a classical pianist, but a trip to Yosemite in 1916 changed his life forever.

He became obsessed with capturing the beauty of nature, and soon after, his focus shifted from music to photography.
Over the years, Adams became a major advocate for environmental conservation, using his art to inspire others to protect the natural world.

His images are not just photographs; they are works of art that helped define landscape photography as we know it today. (Basically he's the daddy of rock and leaf photo takers)
>>
File: Moon and Half dome.jpg (442 KB, 1178x1500)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
Adams wasn’t just an artist—he was also a technically gifted when it came to photography.

Along with photographer Fred Archer, Adams developed the Zone System https://youtu.be/x_k2iAgZfGs?feature=shared&t=9, a photographic technique that allowed for precise control over the exposure and contrast of an image.
This system divided the range of tones (from black to white) into 11 zones, helping photographers visualize how their final image would appear.
By mastering exposure and development, Adams could bring out an incredible amount of detail in both the shadows and highlights of his photos. This technique became essential for his iconic images, allowing him to showcase the textures, patterns, and beauty of nature with remarkable depth and clarity.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelGFX100S
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
Lens Aperturef/14.0
Brightness1.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length64.00 mm
Image Width1178
Image Height1500
>>
Adams’ portfolio is filled with some of the most famous landscape photographs ever taken.
His works like “Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico” (1941), “Clearing Winter Storm” (1944), and “The Tetons and the Snake River” (1942) have become legendary. These images capture the grandeur and tranquility of nature.
Adams used large-format cameras, which allowed him to capture an incredible amount of detail, and he often waited for hours (sometimes even days) to get the perfect lighting and conditions.
>>
File: leaves.png (3.15 MB, 2880x1460)
3.15 MB
3.15 MB PNG
Adams wasn’t just a photographer—he was also a passionate environmentalist. He believed that his photos could inspire people to care about the Earth’s natural beauty and fight for its preservation.
He worked with organizations like the Sierra Club and lobbied for the protection of wilderness areas. His photographs became powerful tools in conservation efforts, helping to establish national parks and protect natural landmarks in the U.S. Adams also received numerous awards for his contributions to photography and environmentalism, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1980.
Today, Ansel Adams’ work remains a testament to the power of photography not only as an art form but also as a means of environmental advocacy.
>>
File: Cypress Tree in Fog.jpg (654 KB, 2060x1550)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
I'll share a few more of his photos. Hope bitter anon enjoys this thread as he's one of the reasons it was made.
See you next week for another chapter of the History of /p/hotography
>>
File: Mount Williamson.jpg (748 KB, 2060x1550)
748 KB
748 KB JPG
>>
>>4365184
He didn't invent the camera or the medium, he perfected documentary-style work. You call him an "artist" yet he founded f/64 because he reviled the pictorialism of the time, which used photos as a medium for more abstract art pieces
>>
File: Sand Dunes Sunrise.jpg (477 KB, 1480x2000)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>
>>4365193
Yeah I know, Niepce invented the camera and it was said in the previous thread (shit I should have linked it... good to know for next time).
Art doesn't need to be abstract to be art, it's my own opinion and I might be very wrong but I see his work as art. Shit forgot to talk about f/64, well thanks for participating and bringing it up.
>>
File: P9140756.jpg (3.1 MB, 1944x2592)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
>>4365184
It's ironic that Adams would be using micro four thirds if he was alive today.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOM Digital Solutions
Camera ModelOM-5
Camera SoftwareCapture One 23 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias-1.7 EV
Subject Distance6.82 m
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length17.00 mm
Image Width1944
Image Height2592
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4365203
No retarded idiot. He would be using his iphone 69 because it provides better quality and more convenience than your overpriced phone camera in disguise.
>>
>>4365213
iPhone 69 isn't out yet. the most current model is iPhone 16
>>
>>4365215
Pathetic runt! Only true photographers get access to the good phones! Just like the military is secretly 50 years ahead in technology so is the iphone. You have failed at every aspect of your life so it does not suprise me you wouldn't even be aware of the iPhone 69.
>>
File: Popsucker_2Fingers.png (438 KB, 408x701)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>4365217
>Not the iPhone 71
>>
>>4365219
Did you know that many lesbians trim and file their fingernails everyday?
>>
>>4365184
>ruins photography by making it easy for plebs to enjoy
What a fucking jerk.
>>
>>4365243
That's because they are fingerfucking maniacs.
Great thing btw how easily a nice and well constructed thread gets derailed by a bunch of jerk offs, myself included.

Also Ted Fuckhead Assclown from the YouTube link has this attitude that just makes me want to punch him in the face all day long. Luckily this kind of moronic retards dont exist in Europe, otherwise I'd be posting this reply out of the jail. Seriously what .... fuck it. Enough rage.

Thank you, OP. I enjoyed it.
>>
The image of that fat guy is really terrible. It has a very dark and evil vibe, besides the rather strange and disturbing edit. I hate everything about it. Fuck you for uploading it.

>okay snowflake
>>
File: Popsucker.png (438 KB, 408x701)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>4366066
>besides the rather strange and disturbing edit. I hate everything about it
Here, have the original.
>>
>>4366072
Man enjoying his popsicle in peace
>>
File: Popsucker_Tickle.png (806 KB, 618x721)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>4366076
Ice cream and whiskey.
>>
>>4366072
Actually less disturbing but I still don't like the guy
>>
>>4366082
I want that shirt.
>>
>>4365203
the guy who considered medium format to be a compromise in image quality but small and portable? the guy who hauled a gigantic view camera and a massive tripod for stability?
i think he would have had a nikkon and would spend more time editing raw files than taking pictures
>>
>>4365189
pretty sure i saw this pic on /rpt/
>>
>>4366702
Would be hilarious. I did once share a picture of Cartier-Bresson claiming it was mine and an anon complimented me.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.