[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New anti-spam measures have been applied to all boards.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ricohgrfag.png (531 KB, 793x494)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
>Ricoh printerfag thinks he can buy an "undercover" street camera to make him invisible
>Starts taking unwanted photos of a melatonin enriched gentleman and his partner
>He camera and face gets rearranged

https://petapixel.com/2019/09/19/street-photographer-beaten-bloody-for-taking-photo-of-a-couple-hugging/

How do you keep your gear safe /p/?
>>
thoughts on his work?
>>
>>4367256
>5 year old article
>Photographer thinks he can take photos of anything in public and everyone will be okay with it
retard
>>
>>
Kind of inspiring knowing he has expired multiple RicohGRiii's for this work
>>
>>4367256
>"I'm a little more wary of what I am shooting"
Yeah, don't anger the chimps. Basically life's golden rule.
>>
>>4367266
I would carry my obviously not a film camera on a neckstrap sometimes and have had multiple of them tell me to stop filming, and one time I had a spot meter out and they thought it was a camera.

Other times I've felt them staring at me waiting to see if I take a picture and I put the lens cap on the camera to reassure them their picture won't be taken while 30 video cameras film them on every street.

So silly.
>>
>>4367269
Video camera. It was a film camera. They didn't believe it wasn't recording. :(
>>
>>4367269
happens. I was taking some pictures of some pigeons and some crazy dude came up behind me and asked if I took his photo a few blocks back. when I said no, that I hadn't been shooting until I saw these pigeons he got super fucking angry and was like "oh I guess you were just taking pictures of the ground then huh? huh?" and I was like wtf?? people are touchy about their privacy in weird ways I guess
>>
>>4367258
Cringe. You can tell by the framing he fired off the shot as quickly as possible and hid his camera away. It could've been a good shot if he took 2 steps forward
>>
>>4367256
He relaxed, never relax.
>>
>>4367281
II don't really do street photograhpy, but even at events and such I've been to I've had the local bogans loudly yell at people with their cameras out about taking photos of them. Like recently I was at something called the moon festival where it's shoulder-to-shoulder and this bald fat 60 year old was straight up chimping over these teenagers taking photos of one of the festival dances.
>OI CUNT YOU CANT TAKE PICTURES OF MUH FACE. FUCKIN' DISRESPECTFUL LITTLE CHINKS.
Even if 0.1% of people are like this, it's bound to happen.
>>
>>4367258
Such disgusting creatures.
>>
>>4367316
Holy shit Clive you are so fucking pathetic you gearcel stop embarassing yourself in public dude nobody wants to hear about your pancakes that you will never buy
>>
File: BBA_9791.jpg (3.65 MB, 4679x3114)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
By being the visibly bigger asshole

>hey you can't take my picture!

"Fuck off, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy you're in public dipshit, everyone here has a camera in their pocket on their phone and there's security cameras all around this bar watching you, if you don't like cameras stay home retard, call the cops if it's such a big problem"

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Df
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern822
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2024:09:29 22:09:06
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4367399
Do not forget to pepper spray them when they get in your face.
>>
>>4367402

That's actually not a horrible idea especially in blue Democrat liberal population centers where guns are controversial. Bless the deserving with the hot sauce, something decent like POM that shoots a stream. Can't carry firearms in bars either so the pepper spray would work well.

I've never been attacked while shooting in public, but then again I don't shoot around blacks (mostly) or really rough parts of town and I don't shoot much after midnight, with obvious exceptions.
>>
>>4367256
>notting hill carnival
I mean that’s practically asking for surprise buttsex as a white person lol. Why would anyone even? It’s one of the most notorious events that causes observable spikes in all kinds of criminality while it’s going on.
>>
>>4367396
.... what the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>4367462
He takes his job at IHOP very very seriously.
>>
>>4367316
>I don't know anything about thing but I'm going to tell you about what I reckon anyway
Classic tapwater bogan retard
>>
>>4367743
Please, it's bongwater not tapwater
>>
Firstly, everyone who shoots street should be punched in the face at least once so they learn a little humility. Secondly, it's not even that bad. He got hit in the nose and it bled, it's probably not even broken. I would say quit being a pussy, but then he' a street photographer, being a pussy is a prerequisite.
>>
>>4367896
I am a street photographer. I told your mother she was beautiful and I wanted to take a picture of her for art. She demanded I take nudes of her and do the old in-n-out back at her place. It was beautiful.
>>
>>4367256
Escalate your own aggression far beyond that of the aggressor. This will only work reliably if you are >6’0” tall and >200lbs.
>>
>>4367905
>Mfw 5'11" and 185lbs
Landscape and architecture photography it is I guess
>>
File: 20240818_115725.jpg (115 KB, 700x600)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
This is a question for oldfags but does anyone have the greentext of that guy that was taking pictures in a nightclub and some roid-rage gorilla "asked" him to let him take a photo? He posted the picture and his face was priceless
>>
>>4367952
Thats was me in the picture, please delete it if you have it
>>
File: 1461637255959.jpg (459 KB, 1204x1584)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>4367954
>>4367952

Tripfag delivers.

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1204
Image Height1584
>>
File: 1461606370631.jpg (180 KB, 1000x666)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>4368117

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.1 (Windows)
Photographerbiff
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2013:06:25 18:03:10
Exposure Time0.3 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length20.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4368118
>the chick silently trying to figure out who has the bigger dick
comedy gold
>>
>>4368117
Mah man
>>
>>4368118
>empty red bull fridge
what a cursed place that must be.
>>
File: diddy.png (252 KB, 614x345)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>4367256
I come to this board every 6 months and see this same fucking image and article with 5 threads of street signs and building fronts taken from street level asking
>am I a good photographer
any time I mention street photography I get into a retard shouting match with some one saying it takes no skill to "run and gun" and then proceeds to post pictures of fat girlfriend taken from behind in a helicopter or some shit

>>4367411
>I don't shoot around blacks
>this
No kids, no blacks is how I shoot. Funny a good street photography youtube channel featured some guy and the only issues he had were two fat loud and aggressive blacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjuP527Xt2Q&ab_channel=PaulieB
>>
>>4374639
>channel featured some guy and the only issues he had were two fat loud and aggressive blacks
buy an ad nigger
>>
>>4374640
stfu do you think any outside link to content is self promotion? you think I'm these fucking newyork city niggas. this board is containment for autistics gear fags and retards who can't take portraiture except for fucking dolls
>>
>>4374642
Fuck off Trevor you dysgenic fuck
>>
>>4374650
my name isnt trevor you asperger's patient
>>
>>4374662
Nice try Trevor
>>
>>4374668
Fuck off and die Trevor
>>
I fucking hate that nigga trevor like you wouldn't believe it
>>
>>4374694
fuck off and buy a fucking ad trevor
>>
>>4368118

Holy shit you're still on here sugar?
>>
>>4367256
>At the Notting hill carnival
Wow, what a surprise
>>
>>4367399
why do you act so tough online Sugar? You do this and then also virtual signal how you don't sleep with models and how "problematic" it is
>>
>>4377986
he fat
nuff said
>>
>>4377986
Because he's a loser. He acts tough online because he's a coward in real life. He doesn't sleep with models because they won't sleep with him (you'd understand why if you saw a photo of him).

He just says/does whatever he needs to in order to prop up his increasingly fragile mental state where he is badass and in control of his life because in reality he has been completely spiraling into self destruction after being let go from his job, which until then formed half his identity. He simply cannot handle being both a failed truck driver and photographer. But after years and years of posting photos without any meaningful improvement to his work or recognition from anyone that his photos are good, he is about to have a complete breakdown.

There would be more dignity in it to just admit that he has failed and start over, try something new. But he's too much of a coward to look in the mirror with honesty.
>>
>>4377990
>>4377989
As you can see sometimes AAVE just gets the point across better and more accurately than larping as sigmund freud’s spiteful cousin and heaving a mountain of fresh bullshit from the depths of uranus.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.