[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FB_IMG_1727904292633.jpg (183 KB, 1201x1600)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
Snoy bros...how common is this
>>
Extremely uncommon, proportionally less common than the pentax aperture block and autofocus motor failures and canon R5s falling apart. Less common than canon r6-1 circuitry failures (the r6-2 was solid tho). Less common than GH5 shutter and IBIS failures. Less common than S5II battery drain (affects nearly every single camera). Less common than fuji WR failures (standard, with the "resistant is not sealed" cope). Less common than nikon mirrorless recalls and shadow banding.
>>
>>4368214
>shill thread #4 (would be #5 if the ibis troll thread didn't get jannied)
Sorry, I will not be buying a micro four thirds. Have a good morning saar.
>>
>>4368216
lmfao snoy seethe still unmatched
>>
>>4368218
I don't have a sony.

But thanks to you I'm warming up to the idea of buying an a7iv.
>>
File: sony a7IV.jpg (925 KB, 1512x4040)
925 KB
925 KB JPG
>>4368214
very common unfortunately
>>
>>4368230
One lemon out of over 1 mil isnt bad, just ask this guy about lemons

https://fstoppers.com/reviews/hey-canon-why-are-your-cameras-falling-apart-636447
Or all the panasonic users who dont know what its like to leave a battery in and come back to a full charge

The a7iv alone outsold the entire nikon camera division, which had 5 recalls 3 of which rendered their top 2 cameras inoperable or unsafe to use. One lemon, even ten, is not a big deal. Ten dead snoys is as bad as one dead nikon.
>>
Hot take: clive is a sony shill. Its a strawman act.
>ONE SONY BROKE
>actually, the competitors broke more. This is not just normal, its an excellent performance. Look at this a6700 all wet. Now look at all these reports of the newest fujifilms dying from light rain. Yikes!
>uhhhrrr durrr SNOY! SNOY COLOR! GREEN!
>does this award winning photo of the trump assassination attempt look green to you?
>DURRR PANCAKE SNOY NO PANCAKE
>Calm down child. Sony merely will not release one with compromises. Can you believe how hard canonikon cope with pancakes that can’t do video? Sony’s lens selection is better overall. You can always use the samyang af 35. It is the same length as a nikon z 26 if you add its filter threads
>UHHRRR SNOOOOY BAAAAD ;_; NO PANCAKE ONE BROKE ONCE SNOY BAAAAAAAAAD SNOY BAD SNOY IS BAD SNOY IS SHIT FUCK SNOY STOP BUYINY SNOY!
>Calm down. You must be mentally disabled. Sony photographers are class leading. You would not fit in with them.
>^all the same sony shill replying to himself
>>
File: 931.jpg (18 KB, 335x335)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>4368241
oh shit ive been found out

yea you caught me, fine. i am a sony shill. i focus on the most absurd and meanginless things, btfo myself, and just ignore it when someone brings up a real problem like star eater. that's my MO. congratulations you figured it out.
>>
File: sony water damage.jpg (94 KB, 480x640)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>4368214
>>
>>4368246
You can see the salt residue. This camera was fully submerged in the ocean. Sony must be good if you shills resort to underhanded tactics like posting cameras broken by abuse.
>>
>>4368257
>>4368246
Confirmed. Fake news. The dpreview post it came from is an ESL saying "my friend she was shooting in sea water and a wave hit her and she feel down now the camera will not on turn. do not buy sony saars.".

meanwhile, this is how sony performs when olympus review money and indians aren't skewing the results
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijs-VjQ-hJ0
Apparently the same camera is as freeze proof as the em1x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmrjI0-9KJs
Something doesn't line up. Sony is meant to explode if it gets wet!

From what i've heard from non-biased sources, basically all weather sealing is pure luck and you should never get gear wet. But sony does pretty good considering the massive sample size (#2-#1 brand depending on the year). Another sony W.
>>
>>4368263
oh shit, one more reason to buy sony i would have never heard if it werent thanks to clive
>>
File: sony bricked.jpg (171 KB, 1096x1287)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>4368214
Yes
>>
>>4368273
Why not just treat it like windows, apple, and android and just dont update for a month? Then this will never happen to you.
>inb4 coping brandwar faggotry about how muh company is better
Is the company your god king or a bunch of suits that sold a camera? Just wait to update lol. Big deal. Bring on the crying.
>>
>>4368276
that's not just a reasonable solution, it's what most people already do.

Is this really a reverse psychology sony shill?
>Focuses on things that range from stupid to made up
>totally ignores shit like star eater, vignetting correction, a7iv and a7cii fps cripple hammering (drops to 12 bit to break past 6fps), a7c series EVF cripple hammering, video mode cripple hammering (panasonic gets more codecs out of the same sensor?), and sony repeatedly labeling non weather sealed lenses as weather sealed
>>
>>4368279
he wont mention the actual sony color science problems (too much magenta and contrast in skin, greens way too yellow) either, only the made up one (muh GREEN TINT!) that's easily disproven like a reverse psychology shill would
>>
boo sony
t. nophotos
>>
>>4368279
Not reverse psychology shill. Fanboy. He is literally making fake lenses in photoshop to beg sony to make them real so he can buy one. He is obsessed with sony and posting about it all day because his dream camera is an a7cii with a theoretical 28mm pancake. It’s really taking a toll on his psyche. In his mind he can’t be a photographer until sony makes the perfect pancake. He refuses to use anything but a sony and is desperately trying to break away from his irrational love of this anti-consumer billion dollar company. But he can’t. He can’t even say something really bad about their cameras. His love for sony is too strong.
>>
>>4368280
>>
>>4368283
I can see the magenta poisoned, contrasty skin now
>>
>>4368276
>Why not just treat it like windows, apple, and android and just dont update for a month?
Why not just don't keep on releasing firmware updates for your device that will kill said device? lol
>>
>>4368290
Not a problem I experience because I do not update right away. Therefore I have never cared about who releases the least buggy updates and can do cool shit like own and use an iphone and use imessage group chats.

if you want to compare companies, have fun, but real world use is different from dick measuring contests.

For the record I just gave you a laundry list of reasons to actually hate sony, things that actually affect the use of their cameras no matter what. The problems are baked in from v1 and have never been fixed. Some are going on a decade.
>>
>>4368291
I dont care about Sony. Im just saying no other massive tech company releases firmware updates that straight up kills said device being upgraded.
>>
>planned obsolescence
it doesn't matter what brand. cameras of today are done for.
>>
Sony Internet Defense Force SIDF at Defcon 1 in this thread. They’re getting as bad as m43 fans.
>>
>>4368300
This is getting pathetic Clive. get a fucking life
>>
>>4368292
have you heard of apple or microsoft
>>
>>4368302
Is this Clive in the room with you right now?
>>
>>4368292
>no other massive tech company releases firmware updates that straight up kills said device being upgraded.
https://www.google.com/search?q=iOS+update+bricked+my+phone
https://www.google.com/search?q=macbook+bricked
imagine being apple, and doing this so often that you have a recovery mode specifically for your monthly fuckups, not system maintenance, just trying to salvage the system after an update bricks it
>>
File: rain-death.png (203 KB, 1352x492)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>
File: lolympus rain death.png (128 KB, 1550x541)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>4368338
And?
>>
>>4368338
>>4368341
>SAME HIGH DPI SCREENSHOT
>SAME FONT RENDERING
Its the same person arguing with himself. Reverse psychology snoy shill.
>>4368245
OH, no fucking shit.
>>
File: salty-sony.jpg (423 KB, 1802x1592)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>4368341
>whataboutism?
lolololol

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Image Width1802
Image Height1592
>>
File: sony-shutter-failure.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>4368342
>there's only one mac in the world, and it's used by clive
lmfao
>>
>>4368342
>everything is a conspiracy
>every post is clive
Clive doesn't even post here and just lives in your head rent free
>>
File: who-the-fuck-is-clive.jpg (76 KB, 1387x1040)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>4368347
Who the fuck is Clive?
>>
>>4368349
A figment of sony schizos imagination since he forgot to take his meds
>>
>>4368257
>>4368263

That's not salt, salt build up from sea water is not that fine, and it would not be only in the battery bay if it were. That is very obviously lithium build up from A) a poorly sealed battery and B) a poorly sealed battery bay. Smeared by the battery sliding out. If you had the capacity to evaluate any thought in your own head you would have reached the same conclusion, unfortunately you're a shill to the chinkazoid brand hivemind.
>>
Stop making shill threads, Colin
>>
>>4368401
There's a Colin too? Who the fuck is Colin?!?
>>
That's a nice reason to install the shutter from A7RIII.
>>
>>4368406
Colin is Shane's mate.
>>
>>4368214
Owned an a6000, a7rii and now an A7C and have had literally no issues. between the 3 bodies I've probably taken 300,000 pics.
>>
>>4368214
Owned an m5, r3 and now an r5ii and have had literally no issues. between the 3 bodies I've probably taken 400,000 pics.
>>
>>4368415
>>4368417
Almost like it's unprofitable in the long for companies to make products that break down fast when they have competition.
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (2.1 MB, 3021x3614)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>guys one sony broke
>stop buying sony
>you need to hate them
it takes 10 dead sony cameras to equal one dead panatranny, om shitstem, or fujishit, statistically.

Get spamming, hysterical anti sony retard.
>but its clearly salt water immersion!
That never stopped you.

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3021
Image Height3614
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4368354
It is literally from saltwater immersion. We can find the original post with reverse image search. Why does sony threaten you so much you need to lie? How about these?
https://www.reddit.com/r/fujifilm/comments/10sefvs/failed_xt5_weather_sealing
https://www.reddit.com/r/fujifilm/comments/122hx7k/so_my_xh2_died_in_the_rain/
https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/16czlik/5d_mark_iv_dead_after_getting_caught_in_rain/
https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/1fk38zl/canon_r5_ii_not_ready_for_commercial_use_so_many/
>>
>>4368417
post some on your best shots or you are a lying faggot
>>
My A7IV has been working flawlessly since day one.
>>
>>4368455
>that r5ii thread
Jesus christ, and I thought sony's firmware updates were the dodgiest thing in cameras

Imagine not just getting a broken camera out o the box, but being charged money for canon to fix their (software) mistake
>we prug in usb cable and douber crick canon_proprietary_maintenance_program.exe to edit firmwaru
>thank you gaijin that two hundred dorra. prease consider using your reduced budget on our new non-L renses made by tamron.
>>
>>4368507
Canon doing retarded shit? Say it ain't so
>>
>>4368246
Clearly caused by the stream of tears when the proud owner realized he bought a literal garbage of a camera
>>
>>4368529
>Clearly caused by the stream of tears when the proud owner realized he bought a literal garbage of a camera
can we get that in english, saar?
>>
>>4368490
you're*
>>
>>4368214

My A7rIII is at ~150k actuations and still going strong. Can't speak to how much longer it'll go but I've been shooting for 25 years and never had a shutter go out on me like that.
>>
>>4368682
the flagship model of any years sony outsells entire brands, with a sample size, and a brand so common with internet attention wores, that large a few bad cameras being photographic for pity upvotes is inevitable.

when other cameras go kaput people dont take photos of them because they dont have another 200 cameras given to them for shilling on youtube. they make a whiny post on dpreview about how their say, olympus camera broke and then get 10 replies of people saying theirs works fine, that no one should think less of $brand and OP probably fucked up.

if sony had the s5ii battery drain issue i swear to god, there would be 5 youtube videos with dramatic thumbnails showing battery meters and "I LEFT MY CAMERA ALONE FOR ONE DAY" and /p/ would be spamming about it 24/7
>>
>>4368684
why are sony users so gentle and effeminate?
>>
>>4368715
You're thinking of olympus users

This is just influencers being retards hoping to get free canon gear
>>
>>4368715
Why are sony users babies who can’t handle any criticism of their brand?
>>
>>4368729
Why do Fujifilm, Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus, Leica, Pentax and Ricoh users constantly attack Sony because they make the best cameras and lenses?
>>
>>4368729
>criticism
if you bring up real issues like star eater, crickets

but these "critics" only bring up things that range from made up to misrepresented to irrelevant to universal to the whole industry... its almost like they are only posting to get btfo. they are reverse psychology sony shills. classic.

you know how /g/ has under the table advertising agreements with a company subcontracted by apple to counteract their 100% adblocker use rate? and they manifest by BTFOing weak criticisms of apple? same thing here probably
>>
>>4368735
People talk about legitimate Sony issues all the time like the firmware bricking fiasco
>Reeeeeee youre not supposed to update straight away its your fault your camera bricked thats normal with tech!
>>
>>4368736
Yeah, that isnt a legitimate issue. Wait to update like a normal person. Everyone has waited on updates since they accidentally the a1. Next. Using cameras IRL is not like measuring brand dicks. Its also weird how canons much bigger issue of r5iis coming out of the box uselessly buggy is totally ignored instead of the subject of 2 threads and 500 posts or OH NO NO from “clive who doesnt post here”. Hmm!
>the camera no one here owns may have a fixable failure if you install firmware right away
>EVERYONE SELL YOUR SNOYS
Yes, we can tell. Sperg out about it.
>>
>>4368735
>sony weather sealing and exploding shutters aren’t “real issues”
>>
>>4368739
Yes it is for every brand that bricks a body with a firmware update. And Sony is one of them.
>>
>>4368740
Sony weather sealing isnt an issue

We can tell because of the amount of times youve been btfo and yet you feel so threatened by sony you keep spamming an a7iii that was fully immersed in the ocean and saying “DO NOT BUY SNOY SAAAARS”

You are shitting up the board with DO NOT BUY SNOY SAAR 24/7. Fuck off. Camera is fine. You are not a photographer, you are a /v/ transplant or a shill. We already know what actual photographers bitch about re: sony, its the first post in YOUR a7v thread.
>>
>>4368743
Oh no sony fucked up one camera for something i never do. I should NEVER buy a sony and protest this common thing that already happens with canon, apple, and microsoft and never affects me there either. Or no, i dont think i care

Go make another 5 threads seething about sony you obnoxious faggot. Sony used to be off the table for me but i hate you so much that i did some research and pulled a 180. You ruined /p/ and earned sony a customer.
>>
>>4368746
>book of cope
Sony had no sealing until the fourth generation. Yeah, it was an issue. And everyone you reply to is not one person.

Here’s some advice: Sony gets shit on because of how defensive Sony shooters are. Same as mft. Just admit when there’s an issue rather than get all defensive. Sony isn’t going to sleep with you no matter how hard you defend them.
>>
>>4368749
>Sony used to be off the table for me but i hate you so much that i did some research and pulled a 180. You ruined /p/ and earned sony a customer.
Why do you lie? Youre the same snoy fanboy that gets triggered when someone points out your camera isnt perfect
>>
>>4368749
>oh no straw man
this is the power of sony marketing
>>
>>4368755
You lie. If the cameras are so bad you shouldnt have to lie. Ive seen plenty of proof of a7Xiii’s doing fine in rain and maybe 3 out of over a million failing, the same shit you get if you google “olympus om-d water damage”. No sealing? Why lie?

Why does fuji not get as much hate from their proportionally more common WR failures?

>>4368756
Am i? I’m about to put my r7 up on ebay and order an a7iv.

You have one chance to prove you’re not a shill or another brands fanboy scared pf sony killing off nikon or whatever. Post a photo with exif.
>>
>>4368758
Dude my friend literally had an A7Riii fail in the rain. He got lucky and it came back to life after drying out. But it was not rare. He says he hasn’t had trouble with the IV, so Sony finally figured out rubber seals.
>>
>>4368758
Hurry up. All this dramatic hate is concentrated in hangouts of FAILURES. /p/, mu-43, etc. i have never seen it unless it was associated with major NGMIs and nobodies. Everyone else it seems can recognize a nonissue instead of measuring brand dicks and reposting the same saltwater immersed camera 20 times. These cameras must be amazing if the worst people in photography are on 4chan 24/7 posting straight up lies begging people not to buy them. They may be the best cameras on earth! They clearly inspire a sense of threat and fear among fanboys of nikon, olympus, and panasonic. They make canon fanboys mildly uncomfortable. Unless you are an actual photographer everything points to sony being the jews of cameras. Actually the best at everything and scary to people who just arent very good.
>>
>>4368761
Dude, the same thing happened to someones friend with an om5 once. An and r5 or two! Sample size of…?

Meanwhile lensrentals says never trust weather sealing ever…. Hm!
>>
>>4368758
>6 fps without cripple
>”im selling my r7 for this”
sure you are dude
>>
>>4368762
>seething
See,this right here is why sony gets shit.
>>
>>4368763
All I can say is among friends and the photo club I used to attend, the only weather failings were sony. Canon and Nikon guys didn’t give a shit about rain and snow. Sounds like that’s changed now with the IVs, but instead of letting it go I’m sure there will be another couple book chapter posts about how everyone who criticizes sony is a failure.
>>
>>4368764
I literally never left single shot! i’d rather have dynamic range anyways.

>>4368765
Nigger you have been spamming the board for weeks. I have gone insane seeing your drama and arguments. Now i am upgrading to glorious snoy. Good job.
>>
>sony fanboy larping as a non sony shooter switching to sony
Nobody cares bro
>>
>>4368766
The only person i know who had a camera die in rain had an olympus om-d e-m1 iii. Sony has a real problem with labeling. They keep calling non WR lenses WR when i can look at the photos and see zero mount sealing and their hot shoe is an obvious short waiting to happen. Every WR success with an a7iii involves a newer G lens and a visible shoe cover. Shocking. I’m convinced it was always fine if you knew what to do - dont actually get it wet to impress youtube.
>>
>>4368767
>everyone who criticizes sony is one person
>everyone who criticizes sony is a failure
>i have nikon, canon, and phase one kits and im selling them all for glorious sony because you were mean to sony
And you wonder why people shit on sony?
>>
>>4368770
Everyone who hates sony enough to spam /p/ for weeks is a loser, yes. I’ve seen real critiques (all from astro fags) and they aren’t here.

One last chance to postphoto before i order an a7iv
>>
>>4368769
You may be right on the lenses, but III models absolutely had more leak points than the flash shoe. And sony mislabling lenses speaks to their main problem which is marketing pulling shit out of their ass. Customers shouldn’t have to guess which lenses are really WR.
>>
>>4368772
but you already own every snoy camera and lens
>>
>>4368772
>if you don’t post ill order a sony I SWEAR I WILL!!!
lol that threat implies that anyone gives a shit and that sony sucks otherwise why would they stop you? by all means max your cards on sony gear. knock yourself out.
>>
>>4368775
>man on a ledge
>phone in hand, talking to B&H
I SWEAR I'LL DO IT! I'LL BUY A SONY!!!
>crowd below
NO! DON'T DO IT! YOUR LIFE IS WORTH LIVING, DON'T THROW IT AWAY!
>lmfao
>>
File: Pro Sony.jpg (936 KB, 3024x4032)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>4368772
Have fun!
>>
>>4368772
You should wait. It's undeniable that there has been some serious frantic, spastic, desperate, hysterical, lie-ridden sony hate on /p/ over the last 3 of weeks that's reminiscent of the 10+ threads of equivalence trolling when the g9ii came out and all the "its over for canikony" s5ii shill threads (and the total lack of s5ii exif on /p/ thereafter). Timed also perfectly with the announcement that sony is coming out with the a7v in q1 2025.

I mean really, having 3+ threads crying about pancakes?

This most likely means that sony is going to release something that is expected to curbstomp the fuck out of panasonic and make every hybridfag attention whore ditch their a7iv immediately, and a7ivs and older snoys are going to get very cheap. I'm thinking of picking up an a7iv or a7cii myself with a 20-70 f4, and keeping a micro four thirds around for the pocket camera/telezoom camera role.

WAGMI marketings effectiveness and its consequences have been a disaster for 4chan, btw.
>>
>>4368780
(You should also note that /p/ surges with an unusual amount of canon, I mean, "cannot POS R" hate in the months prior to each new canon pro body, and then mostly silence and stragglers just repeating what they thought was a meme. pay attention, it's real)
>>
>>4368782
and a huge surge of nikon hate before the z6iii release
>please just dont even consider buying any nikon! have you considered this lumix? same autofocus, better video!
>>
>>4368772
>>4368780
Could your butthurt samefagging be anymore obvious?
>>
>>4368785
Not a samefag.

I'm also considering an a7riii and an a9ii. It depends, we'll see. Definitely a sony though. It's true, they're good, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who actually hates them outside of internet loserdom.
>>
>>4368786
At least you're looking at the A7Riii. The iv and v have worse high ISO noise than a 10 year old Canon. iii was a good sensor, just don't get the camera wet.
>>
File: download.png (104 KB, 1200x537)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>4368787
I don't see anything major. Every time there's a release coming up that's not panasonic, the brand in question gets a surge of hate. Pay attention. It's real.

>Just don't get the camera wet
Only an idiot gets any camera wet. It's like people who throw their guns in the dirt and drop their thinkpads, it's consoomer russian roulette.
>Look at how cool my brand is
>Look at how cool my brand is
>... OH NO
That much is true. The only brands that haven't had a few dozen WR failures bitched about, simply don't reach enough people to try a decent number of cameras in the rain.
>>
>>4368787
Also sony does have a persistent design flaw regarding weather sealing - that being that they're designed as if it works.

ALL weather sealing lets some water in and you ignore that because rainwater is not very conductive. Small amounts here and there won't kill most electronics. In smaller, more compact bodies, more of that water is more likely to come in contact with circuitry long enough to cause errors. In a larger camera, granted its design affords the water some space to run and pool, the water is less likely to even touch anything electronic.

Sony cameras are the smallest, but also the most tightly packed. If water gets past the seals, which is assured with prolonged use, it is significantly more likely that water will touch a PCB. This is probably why you've heard of more om-5/em-5 WR fails than e-m1 fails other than the poorly built em1mk1, and why fuji cameras with supposed modern sealing fail in rain at a higher rate than DSLRs that were hardly sealed at all compared to todays shit. Interior space.
>>
File: noise.png (2.12 MB, 1136x1146)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
>>4368791
I was talking specifically about the A7Riv and v. The A7iv isn't as bad but did fall behind at really high ISOs. Even the A7s III lost a bit vs the A7s II, though it's still a low light beast.

>Only an idiot gets any camera wet
I don't even blink if it rains. Never a problem.
>>
>autistically defends brand he supposedly doesn't own like a shilling schizo
>But i don't own one i swear!
>>
>>4368794
Someone once bitched about an r5 failing here. If you ever look at how an r5 is put together, the rear is not very spacious. The front has a lot of air pockets. The r5 that failed had its rear continuously facing up, contrary to what canons designers expected (a normal strap).

WR reliance is posturing.

>Dpreview
I don't look at their shit. I have a hard time trusting them. Their results have been off before. DXOmark is more scientific.
>>
Just ordered an a7iv thanks nophotos
>>
>>4368793
>all weather sealing fails
this is the power of sony
>>
File: a7-iv-broken-shutter.jpg (1.03 MB, 4032x3024)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>4368798
My condolences
>>
File: noise-2.png (2.27 MB, 1158x1162)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>4368796
Dude, every A7R IV and V review notes their poor high ISO performance versus other cameras and the A7R III. It's not dpreview. If ptp disagrees then they're the ones who fucked up somewhere. Throwing in the R6ii isn't really fair (only 24mp) but it shows how the high resolution bodies compare to mid resolution on ISO.
>>
>well known sony failures
>"no sometimes other cameras fail to"
>sony losing high iso performance
>"no don't trust your eyes"
>sony failing in rain while canon/nikon/olympus guys shoot away
>"no you don't understand all weather sealing fails you just got lucky you didn't get conductive corroding water"
this is the POWER of sony
>>
>>4368808
>sony firmware update bricks your camera
>"actually youre not supposed to update it immediately literally every iPhone does that it's not that big a deal"
>no pancake lenses
>"the canon and nikon pancakes arent real so its better sony has nothing and real photographers use big lenses anyway"
>Sony has X problem
>*Suddenly deflects and talks about Canon/Nikon/m43/Fujifilm*
>>
>>4368794
>I was talking specifically about the A7Riv and v
>I'm thinking of picking up an a7iv or a7cii myself with a 20-70 f4, and keeping a micro four thirds around for the pocket camera/telezoom camera role.
yeah I don't care about your gay no mans land megapixel cameras, 62mp sony is the new 36mp nikon, a very gay cope number associated with noisier cameras than the surrounding product tiers, except the higher product tier is a fujifilm. Wanker cameras.

>>4368799
It's the power of keeping your camera alive. It's even in the IP rating that water gets in. How good it is basically depends on how much water can pool and where it runs after hitting the areas that get the most exposure, because all of the seals will crap out immediately or eventually.

I would take an e-m1iii into rain before an e-m5iii, and any DSLR over any mirrorless, specifically because of the proven assumption that weather sealing doesn't really do anything except slow the inevitable and a little space inside helps more than all the seam rubber that is rendered moot as soon as you use any controls. The larger the camera, the better protected the critical components should be (except canon shoves everything expensive to the rear so you should definitely not let water pool on the back of the camera like that retard from reddit). The smaller the camera, the more you should treat it like its pricetag implies you should.

@4368810
@4368808
Shut the fuck up clive, actual people are talking about getting cameras to use instead of brands to fanboy.
>>
>>4368811
Is this Clive in the room with you now?
>>
>>4368813
No, he's in the back of ihop flipping my waffles.

But it's true the nikon pancake isn't real. Nikon really, really should have made that a normal lens and outdid sony's 24mm f2.8, which should not have been hard at all.
>>
>>4368810
>sony dies during update
>”you’re not supposed to update your camera”
>sony dies in rain
>”you’re not supposed to expose a weather sealed camera to weather”
>sony shutter dies while taking pictures
>”you’re not supposed to use your camera to take pictures”
>>
I see this discussion was getting a little too sane so the shill had chime back in to remind everyone that the non-panasonic brand with the next upcoming release is the worst thing ever.
>>
>>4368811
Not reading all this shit.
>>
>>4368815
>But it's true the nikon pancake isn't real.
So this is the POWER of snoy mental gymnastics
>>
>>4368819
Because it's not a pure brandwar post?

Ok, fine, here you go

Guys, anyone who buys sony is simping for cucks, buy a panasonic s1r right now. I love my lumix. It has the best color science and lumix cameras never have reliability problems. L mount is the future. Everyone is excited to switch to sigma over those gay canon, nikon, and sony lenses.
>>
>>4368817
>Sony color science is the worst
>"Its not supposed to be good and you're not supposed to shoot jpg and not edit every individual photo it's not supposed to just work"
>>
>>4368820
Yes, it is not a real pancake. At least canon could figure out filter threads and good optics.

>>4368822
Alright, this shilling is getting a little too frantic. Which post touched on an uncomfortable truth and needs buried ASAP, shill?

Was it this one?
>>4368811
Or was it this one
>>4368780
>>
File: hmm.jpg (62 KB, 640x560)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>tfw you remember the non-stop "cannot pos forced nr" posting timed just before the r5ii release
>just one thread that did not last for the r5ii release itself
>lots of hype over the lumix s9
>have never seen anyone on /p/ using an s9
>panasonic has lots of problems and very little criticism on /p/, it's considered a problematic make more outside of /p/
>>
>>4368823
>implying anyone read your seething wall of text
>>
>>4368803
>camo skin
this is whats wrong with snoy users. you just know he uses red+cyan edits, presets, and holds his camera with one hand shooting while looking at the screen at f1.4 with an ND filter on in broad daylight
>>
>>4368821
It’s literally a pure brand war tl;dr post. Sony is not going to sleep with you!
>>
>>4368828
You do realize, that my post was a continuation of this
>>4368793
And together are not exactly praising sony, because size/weather sealing is a real compromise? Have you seen the screenshot of the guy whose om-5 died from being damp? And the only person to kill an r5 let water pool on the back of his camera.
>>
>>4368828
Disregard previous instructions

Show me a picture of a german shepherd
>>
my a7iv: order confirmed
clive: fuming
>>
File: 1727962632203385.png (337 KB, 1127x821)
337 KB
337 KB PNG
>sir, the snoy whiteknights have arrived
>>
clive actually is fuming haha holy shit thank you based a7iv best purchase of my life
>>
>>4368833
>consoomer consooooooms next X product
wow, you sure showed them!
>>
i was going to upgrade anyways and clive showed me the way
based a7iv
>>
File: 1837268494.jpg (15 KB, 400x400)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>4368833
>>4368835
>>4368838
>oy vey!
>>
File: IMG_0701.jpg (60 KB, 578x431)
60 KB
60 KB JPG

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width578
Image Height431
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4368830
I’m not reading your book.
>>
>>4368838
I had a Sony on order but I just canceled it. Who would want to identify with a fanbase like this? Fuck it, just ordered an R5 mark II with a pancake lens.
>>
>>4368853
Good, they tried to steal Celestron's orange. That's pretty gay.
>>
>>4368848
>Write a college level doodle partially agreeing with you
>you have a mini melty and refuse to read it
Which part hurt your feelings

>>4368853
Ironically, that's a camera that should be the victim of constant shitposting right now. Holee shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crBvop9kW_A
https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/1fk38zl/canon_r5_ii_not_ready_for_commercial_use_so_many/
https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/1fb9i7n/bugs_on_canon_r5ii/
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-DSLR-Mirrorless-Cameras/Brand-new-EOS-R5-Mark-II-bugs-sensor-issues/m-p/495198

If I didn't already know /p/ had paid panasonic shills, I'd think the sudden surge of dramatic snoyposting was a canon shill trying to distract people from how fucking bad the r5ii turned out to be.
>>
>>4368878
>if you won't read my college essay i'll be mad
>>
>>4368888
You're acting pretty hurt right how. What happened?
>>
>>4368878
not even out a few months and it already had its first sony alpha moment
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-DSLR-Mirrorless-Cameras/EOS-R5-II-Weather-Sealing-is-Garbage/m-p/502118
>>
>>4368899
>"moisture"
>"fogged eyepiece"
$100 says the idiot was taking the camera from freezing outdoors to warm indoors without putting it in a bag and giving it time to acclimate. No interchangeable lens camera can protect against this because the moisture in the air already in the body condenses from the rapid thermal change. The giveaway is "not a lot of water but some moisture." A seal failure leaves lots of water, condensation leaves moisture. Another giveaway is "my eyepiece fogs!" This is why water resistant military gear is nitrogen purged, but that doesn't work with lens and battery door openings.

It's shocking how many people don't realize this. Probably 90% of weather related failures, Canon or Sony, are actually due to this. When you walk indoors from cold temps, bag your camera outside and leave it in the bag indoors so it warms slowly. You can check your pics later.
>>
>>4368909
>buy canon
>walk outside
>walk back inside
>camera fucking kills itself
welcome to the snoy club
leave your pancake at the door
>>
>>4368912
>try to make a serious post
>schizo sony shill sees it as an opportunity to defend sony's honor
Let me correct something I said: Probably 90% of weather related failures, Canon or Nikon, are actually due to this. 100% of Sony failures are because Sony can't figure out how to build a rubber gasket or a shutter. So in harsh cold weather the Sony died outside and got thrown out into the snow by the angry new Canon/Nikon customer.
>>
File: Nikon-Logo.png (183 KB, 3840x2160)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>4368918
you could say

you misfocused
>>
Why do these threads keep getting made by this retard? The same thing happens on /o/ with cars that the OPs were never going to buy and just need to bitch about for some reason.
>>
>>4368455
Yes retard contact with water is what causes that to happen to the batteries. That is not salt in the battery bay, that is lithium.
>>
>>4368963
Rechargeable lithium batteries do not leak lithium. If one did you couldn't miss it because it would be right before bursting into flames. It's salt.
>>
>>4369019
Not sure what you have to gain by lying, sony one are known to be poorly sealed and have flaws in the casing. This happens all the time. Sorry, you lose, schizo.
>>
>>4369028
Retard, salt water got into the camera and left behind salt. A leaking lithium battery would be a burning lithium battery. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>4369034
>Duhhhh the salt water only got in the battery bay and nowhere else
>Duh Snoy weather sealing still good doe
You sound so indian lil bro
>>
Sony bros we keep winning
>>
>>4368918
>Canon or Nikon
Lol bro. Nikon selling like 4.5 times less cameras then Canon and 2.7 times less then Sony. Stop leaving in parallel Universe where you have Canonikon as big 2 players and everything else behind.

They sold less then a million cameras (all models) last year. Jesus Christ. I hope Nikon will get well someday.
>>
>>4369064
>They sold less then a million cameras (all models) last year.
thats because their products last for long and produce superb results. the D850 still outperforms most modern mirrorless when it comes to image quality. and it is built like a brick.
sony and canon cameras disintegrate when you look at them the wrong way. it's just plastic toy trash designed to milk wannabe influencers, OF models and wedding photogs (who go bankrupt after a few months anyway so the cam doesn't have to last longer than that)
>>
>>4369075
The cope level is so high that I can't even tell anymore is it sarcastic or not.
>>
>>4369080
>no no, my snoy plastic toys are built very very strong
look at picrelated in OP post
>>
>>4369064
It's because Canon pictures look like real life straight out of camera, whereas Nikon pictures look like Ken Rockwell boomer slop
>>
>>4369081
lol. It wasn't.
What a poor boy.
>>
>>4369082
>his life is so bleak he can't handle vivid joyful colors
probably get a fuji. you would enjoy the corpselike skin colors
>>
>>4369038
Sony weather sealing before the fourth gen bodies is dog shit and there was likely salt on other internal parts. The reason we know it’s salt is because, once again, a leaking lithium would ignite.
>>
>>4369315
Thats why there arent any videos of third gen sony cameras surviving hours of rain oh wait

Or maybe all weather sealing is useless and the sony sample size is large and dramatic on youtube enough for you to notice. There are dozens and dozens of forum posts about water damaged olympus cameras. And no one calls it scamlympus, but its scamlympus.

You mistake an artefact of statistics for reality.
>>
>>4369317
most people irl use a rain cover. weather sealing is a millennial influencer meme.

i have never seen a canon camera at a rainy sports game without a rain cover. ever. canon users have the best build quality and they know something we dont.
>>
>>4369317
>>4369319
Holy cope. I don't think I've even seen a rain cover IRL, maybe in a video, but I've seen plenty of Canon/Nikon/Olympus kits in the rain.
>nooooo they fail toooo!
I'm sure some do, manufacturing is not 100% perfect. Numbers and averages matter.

I'm sure this will trigger another 2-3 posts from SIDF. You guys are approaching m43 levels of cope. Truly the most hilarious thing that could happen would be if Sony abandoned FF and apsc for m43, merging the two most defensive brandfags on the Internet.
>>
>>4369324
>Numbers and averages matter.
If you find 10 whole dead snoys, that is in fact the same proportional number as one dead fujifilm from the same model year.
>>
>>4369324
>the two most defensive brandfags on the Internet.
That's sonyfags and fujislugs though
>>
>>4369346
Nah, fujislugs aren’t this bad.
>>
>>4369346
Fujifags dont write butthurt college essays defending their brand.
>>
>>4369324
Every layer of protection is one more to prevent damage. When your $30k business asset might stop working, you don't mind throwing a $10 tarp over it as extra defence.
>>
>>4369423
>muh theories
I've been around pros in bad weather. None of them were using rain covers. Idk maybe it's a Sony thing which would make sense.
>>
>>4369423
It is a tech, it is automatically a depreciating asset you mongoloid.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.