[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DSC07729.jpg (884 KB, 2123x3073)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
My personal fav is waterdrop pictures
>1/6 sec
>f/16
>ISO 800

and that's how you always get a waterdrop pic

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelNEX-3
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)86 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Exposure Time1/5 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Red-Eye Reduce
Focal Length24.00 mm
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Photograph woman nude, or just photograph good looking women.
It’s so obvious when I shoot landscapes and women the difference in reaction from people to the 2 things.
I still keep doing landscapes because I like the outdoors but almost nobody will care about the photos lol
>>
>>4368301
Light painting is another, baiscally anything that can't be done on a smartphone easity. Or a good HDR photo, or sports photography on high burst mode where fractions of a second is the difference between a good shot and toast. A good portrait is another one as >>4368304 said. My highest rated photo is an action sports shot followed my female/models, followed by landscape.
>>
>>4368301
A beautiful 8x10 contact print using silver chloride paper and amidol developer impresses normies and photographers alike. :)
>>
>>4368304
>Photograph woman nude, or just photograph good looking women.
>It’s so obvious when I shoot landscapes and women the difference in reaction from people to the 2 things.
>I still keep doing landscapes because I like the outdoors but almost nobody will care about the photos lol
blackpilled again

it's all so tiresome bros
>>
>>4368304
>>4368657
I like landscape photos but every time someone show me a portrait of a woman I think they are irremediable coomers
>>
>>4368304
NPCs are literally programmed to respond positively to women regardless of their own chromosomes and mental illness/normality. Monke like and protect baby maker. It's not just basically cheating, it is cheating.
>>
>>4368301
Long lens, perspective compression, nice bokeh that doesn't obliterate the background. Basically the most "thing that can't be done on a smartphone" type of shot.
>>
>>4368301
>1/6 sec
I don't get it. Should it be way faster than that?
>>
>>4368301
So this is the power of SNOY
>>
File: _DSC9886.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1281)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
>>4371157
He used a flash. I don't know why he mentioned any of those parameters like it's some sort of secret code, they don't matter at all.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM3
Camera SoftwareILCE-7RM3 v3.10
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)135 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2024:09:08 15:25:54
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating250
Brightness4.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length135.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1920
Image Height1281
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4371167
It's also in the exif. I think OP mentioned it because of the length of the water drop. No fuckin' idea why you'd need ISO 800 with a flash at such short range though, even at f/16.
>>
>>4371206
The length of the drop is determined by the flash duration, which is determined by the flash strength. Aperture and ISO do have an effect on that but you could use any combination.
>No fuckin' idea why you'd need ISO 800 with a flash at such short range though, even at f/16.
He may have been able to lower the ISO and increased the flash power, however more power does mean a longer flash duration. Also the NEX-3 uses a tiny weak proprietary flash so it is going to have its limits.
>>
>>4371213
Huh, I always thought of flash as basically instantenous regardless of the flash power. I was under the impression that lowering the power was actually lowering the power, not lowering the duration of the flash.
>>
>>4371221
My understanding of how xenon flashes work (I haven't really looked into it that much) is that unlike an LED where you can vary the voltage to change the brightness you just feed them power and then they pulse at a certain brightness, like a mousetrap going off for a crappy analogy. However because it takes a little while for that flash to complete its pulse you can cut it off before it's finished.
>>
>>4368301
N00dz

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.