[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New anti-spam measures have been applied to all boards.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: _DSC9252.jpg (74 KB, 640x374)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Got any great stories? I haven't found any massive scores, but I am quite consistently able to get somewhat sought after vintage lenses for cheap when bundled with with cameras and other gear. What about you guys?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>4372100
I keep an eye on certain cameras brands on ebay and occasionally there will be a kit that has some really good value inadvertently bundled with it. Sometimes a really niche item will go for way less than expected also.
>>
>>4372110
Yes, the good old gramps dusty camera bag bundle listing.
>"Brand name camera with lenses"
Love that stuff. If you know what you are looking at it is easy to minimize the risk. I've acquired a small collection of lenses for next to nothing using that strategy. Most recent acquisitions were a radioactive Pentax 50mm 1.4 with the original hood and a Canon FD 85mm F1.8 SSC.
>>
>>4372100
Ya I got the 8 element 50mm 1.4 takumar bundled with a SLR because I recognized one of the markings unique to it on a grainy side pic of the camera for cheap.

Also got a 70-300 vr lens cheap for parts price bc the guy thought something was broken inside because of the magnets rattling when the lens is off. Kek
>>
Got a Contax 167MT bundled with an 28mm f2.0 and an 85mm f1.2mm Zeiss lenses for $450

Admittedly I got these in the late '80s, but I still have the two lenses and sold the body years ago
>>
>>4372100
I picked up your mom cheap on the used market.
>>
>>4372176
Your father was free.
>>
i was looking for a takumar 35mm lens and i found someone selling a yashica + the lens + 2 other lenses and a flash for the same price as the takumar. also a Zenith in great cosmetic condition with the helios 44-2 in a thrift store for €10. the shutter didn't work but the lens is in great condition. and my hasselblad 500c was produced in the late 1970s so it has some of the improvements of the 500cm (removable focusing screen and automatic magazine) but it was priced like the older models
>>
found a yashica t5 for 5 bux at the thrifts, ran a roll through it and sold it for 200
>>
Some deals as of late:
Olympus e-p2. It had the electronic viewfinder included. Sold that one alone making the camera free.
Lot of Minolta telephoto primes. Saw a Vivitar Series 1 135mm included in the lot which I have always wanted. Sold 2 of the lenses and the rest are now free.
Minolta x700 which had some accessories included, sold the Minolta alone for more than the cost of the lot and shipping, sold a motor drive, an adapter and a lens on its own separately. Doubled my money and I think I still have a shitty zoom lens from that deal.
Some digisharters I instantly resold for a handsome profit.
>>
My wife found a Hasselblad 500CM, A24 back, 150mm lens, prism finder, and about 100 various 120 rolls at an estate sale for $500 back in June
>>
>>4372100
Best thrift store find:
Mint Nikon FE with an equally mint 50mm f/1.2 AI for $180 leafbux

Best pawn shop find:
Nikon D3300 with a 35mm f/1.8 DX, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 DX, 85mm f/1.4 AF-D, 77mm circular polarizer, a backpack and some extra goodies for $500 burgerbux

Best Facebook Marketplace find:
Mint Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI for $125 leafbux

The more time you spend looking for deals, the more likely you'll find one. If you browse Ebay/Craigslist/etc for a few minutes each day or visit a pawn or thrift store every few weeks, you'll eventually luck out. Browsing listings often also gives you a better idea of the average prices of many items, so you can spot a deal easier even if it isn't something you were looking for. I am keen to give garage or estate sales a look sometime since I hear it's a good place for deals as well
>>
>>4372100
Best recent deal was a 21mm, 28mm, 55mm Macro, and a fucking 15mm fisheye all for Hexanon, bundled together for a grand total of $200. The fisheye was missing the screws for the metal mount, but I had a moldy old lens I just took a few screws from. All work perfectly.
>>
>>4377754
Nice one. I bought a similar bundle with Minolta lenses recently where I ended up with an almost free Rokkor fisheye, not nearly as good of a deal as you got, but still.. Also got a bundle of Minolta telephotos where I sold the ones I didn't want and now I am left with a free vivitar series 1 135mm f2.3 and a few other obscure 60s short telephotos nobody wants.
>>
>>4377759
Thanks. To make the deal even better, it came with some adapters I don’t need (Sony mounts), a janky Sony lens I can sell for parts for at least some money, and I already had a 55mm Macro so I can sell whichever isn’t as clean.

Nice deal on the tele lenses too! Those are fun. But hope you’re enjoying the Rokkor. This is my first time with a fisheye (been looking for a good deal for years) and I’m really enjoying it.
>>
>>4377760
Yeah, adapters are often overlooked. Got a Minolta X700 with a few lenses a while back and it had a Chinon 55mm f1.7 with a Minolta SR mount and for the longest time I could not figure out what the deal was until it dawned on me that I was looking at an adapter. Original Minolta M42 (pentax U) to SR adapter which I managed to sell for $40. Another one of those deals where I managed to double my money just on the parts. It had the Auto-winder thingie as well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.